Television Avatar: The Last Airbender

Yoshi

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan God
Curious to see how many people watched this show and maybe even The Legend Of Korra.

I watched all of Avatar when I was younger, but I haven't seen all of Korra.

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
I remember my younger cousins watching this and playing one of the games years ago. When it came out, I wasn't watching any TV so I really didn't know much about it.

I see the Legend of Korra came out in 2014. Bit of a gap between the two but it has good ratings on IMDb.

Yoshi

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan God
I'm considering rewatching it again, as well as watching Korra along with it. Mostly to see how much of it I can remember but also how much it holds up for me as an adult.

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
I'm considering rewatching it again, as well as watching Korra along with it. Mostly to see how much of it I can remember but also how much it holds up for me as an adult.
Certain shows tend to do well when they get a light reboot because they consider the core of their fans are adults now. Based on the overall rating, I would say they likely did that.

India Actual

Super Civil Servant Blue
Super Saiyan Blue
Avatar was more light hearted and Korra has a more mature feel to it like it was supposed to be for younger teens. It like the series before it handled a myriad of real life topics quite well such as relationships, cycle of hatred between enemies, even ranging to the very real topic of PTSD. Not saying every episode was perfect but I enjoyed the completed package.

Bump

Saiyan Warrior
Watched it when i was younger, loved it tbh but Ive never taken to legend of Korra. Some shows are better watched a s a kid though, tried to re watch it and it meh wasn't as great as I remembered

Punkhead

High Speed God
Super Saiyan God
Both shows are amazing and I consider them my favorite cartoons of all time. They have excellent stories, characters, and they are one of the few that can make me emotional.

Reactions: Mustafar Reginald

Yoshi

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan God
I'm bumping this thread.

I watched all of Avatar: The Last Air Bender on Netflix a while back. I liked it so much I decided to buy the DVD series, which includes The Legend Of Korra. I plan to watch all of that once it comes in too. I doubt I'll like it as much as The Last Air Bender, however.

India Actual

Super Civil Servant Blue
Super Saiyan Blue
I'm bumping this thread.

I watched all of Avatar: The Last Air Bender on Netflix a while back. I liked it so much I decided to buy the DVD series, which includes The Legend Of Korra. I plan to watch all of that once it comes in too. I doubt I'll like it as much as The Last Air Bender, however.
I think Korra comes on Netflix tonight.

• Informative
Reactions: Yoshi

Punkhead

High Speed God
Super Saiyan God
I'm bumping this thread.

Korra, to me is close to being on par with LAB, but it has a problem of creating a interesting idea and kind of falling flat in a way.

• Agree
Reactions: India Actual

Punkhead

High Speed God
Super Saiyan God
Yeah, the first season was well done the ending and twist was done well. The other seasons is where it is kind of hit or miss or it starts a interesting idea and just falls flat.

Mustafar Reginald

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Avatar: The Last Airbender is one of the best shows of all-time, for sure. Season one can be a little weak at times, feeling the most standard and episodic of the seasons though there are definitely episodes that show it's greatness (The Storm jumps to mind). Season one is still good but it's not until Season two when Avatar truly becomes great. I have small issues with how the finale played out, but season three on a whole is fantastic and the finale is still great for the most part. A:LAB has some of the best world-building out there, and it's a genuine journey filled with plenty of interesting locations, and most importantly, fantastic character arcs. Zuko's character arc is something I still see being praised all these years later, rather it be on twitter or AskReddit threads about greatest characters, and it's well worth earned praised. Though everyone really has their own growth, and I like that the series while has segmented story arcs (Ba Sing Se being the best) is one truly realized narrative that was clearly well thought out. Also, the action choreography is top-notch, the best western animation has to offer, and among the best counting anime too. My favourite characters being Sokka, Toph, and Zuko (roughly in that order), with my favourite episodes being The Boiling Rock two parter, Tales from Ba Sing Se, & Zuko Alone (again, roughly in order).

As for Korra, I loved the first season . . . until the last two episodes. The halfway point of the season features the most dramatically tense sequence in all of Avatar, legitimately edge of my seat content and it developed such an interesting conflict throughout the season. I don't want to get into it do to spoilers, but there's not many shows that nosedive in quality for me as hard as Korra did in Season One, the last two episodes basically killed the show for me. There was one scene in the finale I really liked, honestly shocked Nick allowed them to air that one tbh but it was handled really well. Continued to watch a bit of season two but I didn't like it, ended up giving up before The Beginnings two parter which was the only reason I was giving season two a chance. I'll probably watch those at least at some point, I hear they're pretty good.

And in fairness, I've heard great things about the last two seasons of Korra, and from people who agree with me about season one. So I should probably give it another chance.

Yoshi

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan God
I think the beginning of Season One was weak and episodic to draw in children as audience members since it was on Nickelodeon. With that said, I think the endings for Book One, Two, and Three are all fantastic. Book One's ending is because they reach the North Pole and save it from Zhao, who I believe to be the primary antagonist of Book One, and Katara is finally established as Aang's water bending teacher. Book Two's is because of how dark and anti climactic it is. Book Three's is because of how both Ozai and Azula are defeated, in a satisfying manner. I like both the lore and the world building of Avatar too. Zuko's character arc is amazing, and he and Iroh are the best characters in the show for sure. I love their dynamic duo of destruction in Book Two.

Punkhead

High Speed God
Super Saiyan God
Book One's ending is because they reach the North Pole and save it from Zhao, who I believe to be the primary antagonist of Book One, and Katara is finally established as Aang's water bending teacher.
Yeah, Zhao was the main villain of Book One, and what also made the ending of book one great was that Katara help break the gender roles in the North Pole...since women could only be healers and that was it.
Zuko's character arc is amazing, and he and Iroh are the best characters in the show for sure.
Zuko has always been the best example of a well written character and even a perfect example of a anti-hero in a way. Also agree about Zuko and Iroh being the best characters especially Iroh

Punkhead

High Speed God
Super Saiyan God
Someone remade The Jasmine Dragon in ACNH
o1kd0kpl4sh51.jpg

• :)
  • :shock3:
  • :ssgrin:
  • :stop2:
  • :tasty:
  • :thinking: