News Breaking News: Vic Mignogna has been fired from Funimation

Goku

Saiyan Grunt
In 3 different tweets from Funimation:

"Everyone, we wanted to give you an update on the Vic Mignogna situation. Following an investigation, Funimation recast Vic Mignogna in Morose Mononokean Season 2. Funimation will not be engaging Mignogna in future productions."

"Part of our core mission is to celebrate the diversity of the anime community and to share our love for this genre and its positive impact on all. We do not any kind of harassment or threatening behavior being directed at anyone."

"Edit: We do not condone any kind of harassment or threatening behavior being directed at anyone." Funimation

Source:

Vic Mignogna is best knwon as Broly from Dragonball Z and now Dragonball Super Broly Movie, Qrow Branwe from RWBY, and Edward Elric from Fullmetal Alchemist series.

I very upset about this news it a sad day to be an anime fans. Hope everyone one is doing ok this is very hard on everyone. I ask everyone please stay civil no madder what side your on in this madder.

• Informative
Reactions: Beerus

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
Ah now I see what happened. The woman who voices Bulma accused him of sexual harassment. Were there any others? Like to me, you should be proven guilty before you get fired and people start dropping association with you. Maybe it was a misunderstanding? Seems to happen a lot these days. If he was sexually harassing her or whatever else, good on them for cutting ties but until there is solid proof, I think everything needs to calm down with this. I can't just believe someone blindly, far to easy for people to lie and get away with it or take something the completely wrong way today.

Based on what he said... I would imagine the kiss part was about her. Hugs are one thing but you should never be kissing your co-workers cheek or forehead. That will be taken the wrong way by most people. Maybe he is just very affectionate? I would take it the wrong way but I would verbally tell him not to do it again. Maybe he deserved a warning first? I don't know. I'm Italian. I come from cheek kissers. lol

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
Wow, I had no idea there were any allegations against him of any kind, but looking at Rooster Teeth and now this, it seems something quite serious has happened. Such a shame, but you absolutely cannot employ someone involved in those sort of activities if indeed they are true.

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
Wow, I had no idea there were any allegations against him of any kind, but looking at Rooster Teeth and now this, it seems something quite serious has happened. Such a shame, but you absolutely cannot employ someone involved in those sort of activities if indeed they are true.
Yeah and that is the problem. If they are true and they kept him on board, then they look bad. If they are false and the dude's rep just got ruined for nothing, it is just a no win situation.

Goku

Saiyan Grunt
Ah now I see what happened. The woman who voices Bulma accused him of sexual harassment. Were there any others? Like to me, you should be proven guilty before you get fired and people start dropping association with you. Maybe it was a misunderstanding? Seems to happen a lot these days. If he was sexually harassing her or whatever else, good on them for cutting ties but until there is solid proof, I think everything needs to calm down with this. I can't just believe someone blindly, far to easy for people to lie and get away with it or take something the completely wrong way today.

Based on what he said... I would imagine the kiss part was about her. Hugs are one thing but you should never be kissing your co-workers cheek or forehead. That will be taken the wrong way by most people. Maybe he is just very affectionate? I would take it the wrong way but I would verbally tell him not to do it again. Maybe he deserved a warning first? I don't know. I'm Italian. I come from cheek kissers. lol

It a LONG story. But basic it started with Anime News Network report Vic kiss people on the cheek and hugging people at cons but then after that other voice actor started to turn against him. But one of the thing ANY used was consensual as it was a parents dinner and that ok the hug. There also been many YouTube videos report group to photoshop photo to make Vic look bad trying to take Vic down. But now it getting now it getting worried.

• Informative

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
It a LONG story. But basic it started with Anime News Network report Vic kiss people on the cheek and hugging people at cons but then after that canon out voice actor started to turn against him. But one of the thing ANY used was consensual as it was a parents dinner and that ok the hug. There also been many YouTube videos report group to photoshop photo to make Vic look bad trying to take Vic down. But now it getting now it getting worried.
He just seems like he is too affectionate and people took it the wrong way. I could be wrong but I hope I am not. Either way, hopefully, the truth on it all surfaces really soon cause people tend to get carried away with stuff like this before facts are presented. Yikes. This is why physically interacting with co-workers or fans should be minimal.

Goku

Saiyan Grunt
Yeah and that is the problem. If they are true and they kept him on board, then they look bad. If they are false and the dude's rep just got ruined for nothing, it is just a no win situation.

Here alot of evidence that help Vic may be proving he non-guilty

"The KickVic movement was built on lies! Leaked Google Doc!!" and "DM leaks of NPC lying about Vic Mignogna! Photoshopped pictures!!"

• Informative

Goku

Saiyan Grunt

that the issue I don't know he guilty or not. Either way this is going courts but have lawyer up.

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
Here alot of evidence that help Vic may be proving he non-guilty

"The KickVic movement was built on lies! Leaked Google Doc!!" and "DM leaks of NPC lying about Vic Mignogna! Photoshopped pictures!!"

Only two things can't be long hidden, the sun and the truth. We will find out eventually. I have seen too many fake news stories to count so I sit on the sideline and wait for the real truth before I start demonizing people.

LividJay

Meh
Super Saiyan God
I really hate today's mentality of guilty until proven innocent. People lose their careers, friends, families...their very well-being before anything is actually proven. Everyone calls for their head before proper context and proof is provided and the resident country's justice system can make a decision. These are frightening times.

• Agree
  • :)
  • :shock3:
  • :ssgrin:
  • :stop2:
  • :tasty:
  • :thinking:
  • :what:
  • :yes:
  • :stinky:
  • :9000: