Dragon Ball GT Bringing Back Super Saiyan 4

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
VegetaAndGokuSS402.png

Since the mini-promotional series kicked off (Dragon Ball Heros), I have seen this brought up quite a number of times. A lot of people consider this to be the best-looking transformation when it comes to Saiyans and some wouldn't mind seeing it come to the main universe series. I am not sure how it would fit in with the current ranking levels but it can be buffed up very easily. As it stands now, I would imagine that SS God and SS Blue are more both more powerful. I could be wrong.

How would you feel about them bringing this transformation back and having it be a part of Dragon Ball Super (should that continue)?

Last edited:

Tekkin

Saiyan Warrior
I don't know where they could possibly fit this in with the way the story has been going. The transformation itself is clearly powerful and more primal so they could boost off it or make it where they are forced to unlike it by way of blocking the other Saiyan forms but it would be tricky. Not saying I'd hate to see them come back but I can't see it being done right.

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
I don't know where they could possibly fit this in with the way the story has been going. The transformation itself is clearly powerful and more primal so they could boost off it or make it where they are forced to unlike it by way of blocking the other Saiyan forms but it would be tricky. Not saying I'd hate to see them come back but I can't see it being done right.

They expanded the universe pretty far all things considered so anything is possible. Soon as they introduced Beerus really, they expanding A LOT. Writing the transformation to SS4 would likely take some back peddling but I think it can be done in an enjoyable way.

Last edited:

Tekkin

Saiyan Warrior
They expanding the universe pretty far all things considered so anything is possible. Soon as they introduced Beerus really, they expanding A LOT. Writing the transformation to SS4 would likely take some back peddling but I think it can be done in an enjoyable way.
Well if they decide to jump down this rabbit hole, here's to hoping they don't screw it up. :ready:

Teen Gohan

Saiyan Warrior
I don't see any reason to bring it in now. I think transformation wise, it should be at least on God level or SSB. (In Heroes it is)

Reactions: Tekkin

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
I don't see any reason to bring it in now. I think transformation wise, it should be at least on God level or SSB. (In Heroes it is)
They are recycling Broly though which makes it a possibility.

Also, I don't know if one SS4 is as strong as a God. I mean that is the energy of what was it, 6 Saiyans? Maybe two fused would be on par but I can't see one doing it.

Tekkin

Saiyan Warrior
I don't think recycling Broly is quite the same as he is his own character. They are still having him be basically the same dude from what I gather.

Yoshi

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan God
I think it is the best transformation in the franchise conceptually. I just don't like how Goku retains his pants and boots. He could easily fight with the fur covering his crotch or something since this is a kid show, and especially since they did that with Oozaru. But that's just me.

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
I think it is the best transformation in the franchise conceptually. I just don't like how Goku retains his pants and boots. He could easily fight with the fur covering his crotch or something since this is a kid show, and especially since they did that with Oozaru. But that's just me.

I think that would work for a female figure, not so much a male one considering there would have to be something down there lol I mean this show was intended more for adults in the beginning and picked up a child fanbase so they did the smart thing and ran with it. It just seems weird for clothing to just come back on, like at least Vegeta's armor stretches and it is explained to do so. lol

Reactions: Yoshi

Teen Gohan

Saiyan Warrior
It is. SSG and SSB are very uncreative imo.
Ultra Instinct looks decent. but meh.
Overall SSJ4 still best design out of all forms.

LividJay

Meh
Super Saiyan God
Things I like about SSJ4 transformation:
[*] It didn't grow hair beyond the length of SSJ3
[*] Eyebrows
[*] Wasn't achieved by the same typical means of other Saiyan transformations

Things I dislike about SSJ4 transformation
[*] You have to grow into an Oozaru and then shrink back down (I get that was showing the conception of what was happening, but still seemed stupid and seems like it would exhaust the body)
[*] It was achieved with no effort (pulling Goku's tail out and Bulma creating the Bluntz wave machien)
[*] The red fur

From what I've read, it's definitely a possibility to see this brought into Super. I thought I read something about crossing timelines...so maybe SSJ4 is part of another timeline all-together.

Reactions: Beerus

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
Things I like about SSJ4 transformation:
[*] It didn't grow hair beyond the length of SSJ3
[*] Eyebrows
[*] Wasn't achieved by the same typical means of other Saiyan transformations

Things I dislike about SSJ4 transformation
[*] You have to grow into an Oozaru and then shrink back down (I get that was showing the conception of what was happening, but still seemed stupid and seems like it would exhaust the body)
[*] It was achieved with no effort (pulling Goku's tail out and Bulma creating the Bluntz wave machien)
[*] The red fur

From what I've read, it's definitely a possibility to see this brought into Super. I thought I read something about crossing timelines...so maybe SSJ4 is part of another timeline all-together.

I like that they have fur but it being red is a bit weird considering the Oozaru form doesn't have red fur. Also, I love the yellow eyes with the red outline. Gives the look an animalistic vibe. Of all the transformations, I do think it is the best looking but I think they could have throughout how a saiayn achieves it more. Or at the very least, kept it the way it was but made it more than a handful of episodes.

Reactions: LividJay

LividJay

Meh
Super Saiyan God
I like that they have fur but it being red is a bit weird considering the Oozaru form doesn't have red fur
Yes...I like the idea of fur, but the red tint doesn't seem to fit. We've seen Oozaru with black/brown and gold (golden Oozaru). It would make sense if their fur was at least gold.

Also, I love the yellow eyes with the red outline. Gives the look an animalistic vibe.
Also agree with this.

• Agree

GoblinSlay3r

Saiyan Grunt
VegetaAndGokuSS402.png

Since the mini-promotional series kicked off (Dragon Ball Heros), I have seen this brought up quite a number of times. A lot of people consider this to be the best-looking transformation when it comes to Saiyans and some wouldn't mind seeing it come to the main universe series. I am not sure how it would fit in with the current ranking levels but it can be buffed up very easily. As it stands now, I would imagine that SS God and SS Blue are more both more powerful. I could be wrong.

How would you feel about them bringing this transformation back and having it be a part of Dragon Ball Super (should that continue)?
Since Gohan has proclaimed he'll grow stronger his own way...vegeta and goku have skipped it in the super arc...ss4 would be a perfect level up for him. It should put him on par with ssg red atleast. If needed it could even be explained as the perfected form of Broly's giant ape inspired power. In the GT arc goku eluded to the fact that ss4 was more of a evolution than a transformation this could also work in Gohan favor. With him being half human(also apes ?) it stands to reason his body and powers would evolve slightly different than pure bloods like goku & vegeta.. The only hang up is the GT arc made their tails a requirement for reaching the ape like SS4 evolution #GohanSS4

GoblinSlay3r

Saiyan Grunt
Yes...I like the idea of fur, but the red tint doesn't seem to fit. We've seen Oozaru with black/brown and gold (golden Oozaru). It would make sense if their fur was at least gold.

Also agree with this.
yeah but since ss4 was supposed to be a evolution not a transformation it stands to reason they could combine the two

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
Since Gohan has proclaimed he'll grow stronger his own way...vegeta and goku have skipped it in the super arc...ss4 would be a perfect level up for him. It should put him on par with ssg red atleast. If needed it could even be explained as the perfected form of Broly's giant ape inspired power. In the GT arc goku eluded to the fact that ss4 was more of a evolution than a transformation this could also work in Gohan favor. With him being half human(also apes ?) it stands to reason his body and powers would evolve slightly different than pure bloods like goku & vegeta.. The only hang up is the GT arc made their tails a requirement for reaching the ape like SS4 evolution #GohanSS4
Yeah that is the thing, they made the tails be a key aspect to the transformation but it makes sense for it given they need to become the great ape and then control their power through their heart. Something I think the writers forgot about was Vegeta being able to speak and control himself in the Saiyan saga though. Given what is going on in the manga right now, assuming they translate that to the anime, it would be a perfect opportunity to bring SS4 back against Moro.

Gronoku Ceraiyan

Saiyan Grunt
VegetaAndGokuSS402.png

They could skip ssj4 and go to personalized god forms with UI and UE. That's all I can think of

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
NO! only stupid head fans wants this. Like.. the type of fans who've never seen the original Dragon Ball. :yaoi:
But I did see the original and still want it. I just like the look and concept. If they update it and make it more logical, why not? Like I said before, call it Super Saiyan Primal, keep it separate.

• :)
  • :shock3:
  • :ssgrin:
  • :stop2:
  • :tasty:
  • :thinking:
  • :what:
  • :yes:
  • :stinky:
  • :9000:
  • :beer:
  • :coke: