Collectivism (Deep Discussion)

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin

Watch the video for history on the topic. Very good video.

We see this as a growing problem in today's world. People are told do ____ for the greater good of society but no one ever asks why. Our individualism is slowly being stripped away from us as more and more people fall into line with "group think" and following the herd. Rather than taking up freedom for what it is, people are demanding to be categorized according to color, gender, and skill level and given their rights and freedoms only according to those things. Rather than being able to make our own choices and accept responsibility for our actions, large groups are demanding that we don't know any better and that our decisions need to be made for us. We need to be told what to do with our property, our money, our lives. The lack of acceptance of responsibility ties in heavy with collectivism. Rather than taking responsibility for the life choices an individual has made, they would rather blame society for their shortcomings and demand things be given to them regardless of what they have chosen to do with their lives.

Collective groups seem to fear freedom and the responsibilities that come with those freedoms. They would rather everyone suffer equally than a small number suffer for their actions and choices in life. Charity is can be a good thing but like the old proverbs says, give a man a fish and feed him for a day, teach a man to fish, and feed him for life. The priorities of people have shifted. Many don't even know what they are asking for. Those who seek a big government are not only sacrificing their own rights but the rights of everyone else under said nation.

In today's world, a person who thinks differently is punished by the people through their "outrage" and "cancel culture". They are silenced because they fear they may lose their job or large groups will slander their name and ruin their future. Mainstream media, famous people, politicians... They all tell us what they want us to hear and they all keep us at each other's throats, and thanks to collectivism and the desire of people to push social justice.... Our future and freedoms as we once knew them are fading.

What are your thoughts on this?

India Actual

Super Civil Servant Blue
Super Saiyan Blue
I'm a Jefferson kind of guy. "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." The problem with collectivist types of rule that rely on deep centralization is that you either get a total democracy that votes itself into non-existence or you get despotic centralized power that decides on what the rest of the collective receives based on merit or loyalty. Look at China and their social credit scores. If you don't follow what the party says you get docked points and it affects how you can live your life. You may be barred from owning property, opening a bank account, traveling internationally, etc. People need a broad set of guide lines to live by like America has in our Constitution and let the states decide how they want to run themselves as long as it doesn't infringe upon any Constitutional rights. Which are basic human rights. Live and let live, be cordial to your neighbor, and do your thing.

Reactions: Beerus

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
This quarantine right now is definitely peaceful slavery.
It was worse before. Most areas just say wear a mask now.

Funny thing is, it was a HUGE deal for everyone to be social distancing and wearings masks yet every time something happened and the protests and riots started, people were being praised for them. F'n clown world.

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
I wouldn't be surprised if the quarantine ends by 2021 considering that.
Flu season starts in October. So yeah, this stuff is going to be dragged out for a while still. The masks and social distancing will probably continue until next Spring. At least most places are allowed to work and shop. When they had everything shutdown, it was a nightmare. My dad lost his job (he was a chef at a restaurant that shutdown) and has not been able to find work since.

Yoshi

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan God
I can't wait to get another job too. I was laid off at my old job two months after being rehired.

India Actual

Super Civil Servant Blue
Super Saiyan Blue
Just wait until the election shenanigans begin. You're going to see politicians strike at the very fabric of what holds our republic together. There will be massive civil unrest after the election no matter who wins. How long it lasts depends on who takes the White House. We'll see how long clown world 2020 stretches into 2021. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that by late spring we'll start to see some form of normalcy.

Reactions: Beerus

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
Just wait until the election shenanigans begin. You're going to see politicians strike at the very fabric of what holds our republic together. There will be massive civil unrest after the election no matter who wins. How long it lasts depends on who takes the White House. We'll see how long clown world 2020 stretches into 2021. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that by late spring we'll start to see some form of normalcy.
Yeah, I am thinking the same. Sometimes in the Spring things will begin to go back to "normal"... whatever the hell that was to begin with. lol

• :)
  • :shock3:
  • :ssgrin:
  • :stop2:
  • :tasty:
  • :thinking:
  • :what:
  • :yes:
  • :stinky:
  • :9000:
  • :beer:
  • :coke: