News Covid Cases Spike Again, What Are the Responses in Your Area?

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
So with the re-emergence of Covid onto the news scene, how is your local government responding?

Here in AZ we've had the lockdown lifted, many of the restrictions rolled back, and the governor himself has said that he will not require masks in order to enter facilities, though maintains that businesses can enforce their policies as they see fit. In response to the spike, many businesses have elected to voluntarily shut back down either to take-out and delivery only status or shut completely down until their cases are under control. AZ has spiked from around 400 cases diagnosed per-day to over 1,000 in recent days, prompting calls for new action from the governor to curtail the spread.

How is your area responding to the increased spread of covid?

Sources: https://www.abc15.com/news/coronavi...-in-arizona-gov-doug-ducey-wont-require-masks

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
Ohio numbers are on the decline so I am happy about that. Things are still carrying on as they have been. People who work wear masks. Everyone else has the option. I think the riots and protests spiked the numbers big time.

• Agree
Reactions: Super Kami Guru

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
Oh absolutely they did. All of those people getting together, just cause or not, had a tremendous impact on the ability of the virus to spread. One of my friends lost a relative to it recently, which has been tough for him, and it's made me a bit more vigilant in my actions the past little while. Need to make sure everyone follows the social distancing rules and keeps themselves protected as much as possible. No more large gatherings until it's legitimately under control.

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
Oh absolutely they did. All of those people getting together, just cause or not, had a tremendous impact on the ability of the virus to spread. One of my friends lost a relative to it recently, which has been tough for him, and it's made me a bit more vigilant in my actions the past little while. Need to make sure everyone follows the social distancing rules and keeps themselves protected as much as possible. No more large gatherings until it's legitimately under control.
It amazes me how quick people shift their attention. It is almost scary. I'm sorry for your friend's loss.

• Agree

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
Oh yeah, people are hyper focused on one thing until the next big thing pops up, then it's as though that first thing never happened. People these days just do not have long attention spans, and it's so sad how quickly the collective consciousness shifts.

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
Oh yeah, people are hyper focused on one thing until the next big thing pops up, then it's as though that first thing never happened. People these days just do not have long attention spans, and it's so sad how quickly the collective consciousness shifts.
Seems to be an issue with how easily replaceable things have become for people as well as the drive to fit in with everyone else through the hive mind or "group thought". It should be okay to have different ideas, opinions, and views (it is how we learn, grow, and advance) but in a world where people constantly preach diversity, it would seem it is only skin deep.

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
Seems to be an issue with how easily replaceable things have become for people as well as the drive to fit in with everyone else through the hive mind or "group thought". It should be okay to have different ideas, opinions, and views (it is how we learn, grow, and advance) but in a world where people constantly preach diversity, it would seem it is only skin deep.
Definitely true, it's a shame that individuality is looked down upon when practiced and yet preached so widely by everyone. Everyone wants to follow along with whatever is popular and yet claim to be an individual. The nail that stands out gets hammered, etc. Free thought and actual self expression is a bad thing nowadays, for whatever reason.

• Agree
Reactions: Beerus

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
Definitely true, it's a shame that individuality is looked down upon when practiced and yet preached so widely by everyone. Everyone wants to follow along with whatever is popular and yet claim to be an individual. The nail that stands out gets hammered, etc. Free thought and actual self expression is a bad thing nowadays, for whatever reason.
Maybe people don't realize you can be an individual and still have things in common with other people *shrugs*

Hopefully, the kids growing up right now will pull away from this kind of thinking. I mean really, it is the year 20 freaking 20 and we have to explain to grown adults that different people have different opinions and that is okay. I mean not all ideas, thoughts or opinions are "good" but they need to be able to be voiced so they can be corrected. The whole silence them and cancel culture just fuels more hatred and reasons to spite people.

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
Maybe people don't realize you can be an individual and still have things in common with other people *shrugs*

Hopefully, the kids growing up right now will pull away from this kind of thinking. I mean really, it is the year 20 freaking 20 and we have to explain to grown adults that different people have different opinions and that is okay. I mean not all ideas, thoughts or opinions are "good" but they need to be able to be voiced so they can be corrected. The whole silence them and cancel culture just fuels more hatred and reasons to spite people.
It would be great if this so-called enlightened generation did indeed embrace individualism a bit more. It's annoying that we still get that herd mentality going on everywhere and people feel scared to voice their opinion, or they watch some show and then regurgitate that as "their" opinion.

It's also sad that these kids today, claiming to be enlightened and the future of this and that still fall into the same groups that every other generation has done. To borrow from gaming, we still get fanboys. Why do people need to back system x over system y, and just because you bought system x doesn't mean it's the best system and there's no room for anything else. Gamers, real gamers, don't fanboy, they love everything in the gaming realm and want all companies to do well and push each other to innovate. But those on the casual side either fanboy or shit on whatever consoles they don't own. I don't get that logic, and it has spread so far into just about every aspect. Join a group and defend or attack something to death...no sense whatsoever.

Get your own views, adjust those views based on experience, time and so forth, and become a genuine and unique individual. What's so wrong with that?

• Agree
Reactions: Beerus

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
The way I see people acting these days only proves to me that we have become casualties to an invisible war against ourselves.

Neo Xeron

Saiyan Grunt
Texas hasn't made any changes as of late in regards to Covid-19. Things are actually beginning to go back to normal.
Restaurants are allowing people to dine-in and people are outside pretty much everywhere in my area.

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
Texas hasn't made any changes as of late in regards to Covid-19. Things are actually beginning to go back to normal.
Restaurants are allowing people to dine-in and people are outside pretty much everywhere in my area.

Texas is on the rise, too, so I'd expect a response to come shortly.

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
Here we go again...Covid cases raging in AZ, and now it also turns out that the first jails in Navajo County, AZ have had their first confirmed cases of inmates contracting it. This follows on from the news that the first day of over 2,400 confirmed new cases in AZ...so wave 2 is officially underway.

LividJay

Meh
Super Saiyan God
We don't have the lock down lifted here yet. They moved to "phase II" which would allow for restaurants/bars to open for outside dining only and at 50% capacity. Haven't read much in the news lately about infections going up..yet.

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
They rushed the ending of the lockdown here, there's no question. The protests started and it just seemed like everyone took that as a sign that it was ok to be out and about, so once things settled down a little bit, every business seemed to have gone back to normal operation, and now here we are, booming numbers again. Silly.

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
In response to the increased cases of covid in AZ restaurants, bars and businesses are now being forced to implement social distancing and facemask mandates in a more stringent manner. Cities across AZ are also working on implementing mandatory facemask measures for public places and essential businesses, so anytime you're outdoors in a public space, you must wear a mask.

• :)
  • :shock3:
  • :ssgrin:
  • :stop2:
  • :tasty:
  • :thinking:
  • :what:
  • :yes:
  • :stinky:
  • :9000:
  • :beer:
  • :coke: