YouTube D.A.R.E - Drugs Are Really Enjoyable

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
This is insane.

I remember being a part of this in my school. We got shirts and pencils and all that nonsense. Thankfully, I was too much of a chicken shite to do any drugs outside of smoking weed which was short-lived.

Knowing they KNEW this was making drug use worse but kept it for the sake of the money... That should be a red flag. Wonder what else they lied about.

Kid Goku

Enjoy the new Chapter 3 of Videospiel-Man!
Super Saiyan 4
The Main reason i dont do drugs is because im just straight up not able to not follow rules That and that i promised my Dead Mother Not to do it!

LoyalDitz

Saiyan Grunt
I didn't have the full 17 hours, thank goodness (tho I do wish I'd gotten that pencil), but we sure did have a police presentation where drug examples were passed around.

My mother's disdain for psychoactives and dedication to being an A+ student kept me pretty clean. No one ever pressured me to take drugs the way the DARE people said they would, either.

All D.A.R.E. did was convince me police officers were sketchy liars and nothing negative they said about drugs could be trusted. The anti-authoritarian streak runs strong with us in the first place...

It took chronic pain in my 30s to turn me into a pothead, tho. Lo and behold, I am de-motivated and it takes the place of other activities - two things we were warned about - and it is somehow not actually the end of the world; it's a better trade-off than any other painkiller, including OTCs which don't really touch nerve pain but will eventually fry my liver or stomach lining. And yet I'm still an A student (getting my Masters in mid-life)...

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
I didn't have the full 17 hours, thank goodness (tho I do wish I'd gotten that pencil), but we sure did have a police presentation where drug examples were passed around.

My mother's disdain for psychoactives and dedication to being an A+ student kept me pretty clean. No one ever pressured me to take drugs the way the DARE people said they would, either.

All D.A.R.E. did was convince me police officers were sketchy liars and nothing negative they said about drugs could be trusted. The anti-authoritarian streak runs strong with us in the first place...

It took chronic pain in my 30s to turn me into a pothead, tho. Lo and behold, I am de-motivated and it takes the place of other activities - two things we were warned about - and it is somehow not actually the end of the world; it's a better trade-off than any other painkiller, including OTCs which don't really touch nerve pain but will eventually fry my liver or stomach lining. And yet I'm still an A student (getting my Masters in mid-life)...
It really baffles my mind that they knew this was going to backfire and kept it going for years. While I don't smoke, I would argue drinking alcohol is more damaging than smoking pot yet D.A.R.E. made weed seem like it was crystal meth. CBT and other options are safer for pain too compared to addictive pain killers which recent studies suggest are actually damaging the body's ability to repair and heal itself.

India Actual

Super Civil Servant Blue
Super Saiyan Blue
It really baffles my mind that they knew this was going to backfire and kept it going for years. While I don't smoke, I would argue drinking alcohol is more damaging than smoking pot yet D.A.R.E. made weed seem like it was crystal meth. CBT and other options are safer for pain too compared to addictive pain killers which recent studies suggest are actually damaging the body's ability to repair and heal itself.
What I wouldn't give for some CBD therapy and the occasional edible to spice up my weekend. ;)

• Funny
Reactions: Beerus

LoyalDitz

Saiyan Grunt
I wish it baffled me more, but after my pothead education it's seriously par for the course in the drug war. Inconvenient evidence has been swept under the rug countless times. Anything to lock up the hippies and racial minorities!

And yeah, the conflation of the mildest recreational drugs with the most extreme just discredited the entire thing. Once you learned weed didn't kill you, it was reasonable to think that maybe heroin wasn't such a big deal either.

Alcohol's harder on you than pot in many ways. Pot'll never waste your liver; you might get bronchitis, but that's smoke-inhalation dependent and goes away easily if you switch to edibles or non-contaminated vaping. At really insanely high levels of potent usage it's true you can get some nasty effects, but unless you're starting the day with a bunch of wax hits that's not an issue...

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy 😅 considered the gold standard for psychotherapy, but only mildly more effective than many other methodologies /psych major
Oh right, lol

I remember reading about it before for anxiety. I don't know why I mixed those two up. I need to sleep more :haha:

Kid Goku

Enjoy the new Chapter 3 of Videospiel-Man!
Super Saiyan 4
Funny thing is if they wouldve chosen people like me it wouldve worked (For some reason kids love me!)

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
Maybe some kinda whacky shit you do? :sneaky:
Go Away GIF

• Funny
Reactions: India Actual
  • :)
  • :shock3:
  • :ssgrin:
  • :stop2:
  • :tasty: