Describe Your Family Life

Yoshi

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan God
Just now thought of this thread. I'm interested in knowing what your family lives are like.

I grew up with my mother, father, and brother, and I'm still in the same house as all three of them. My brother and I are in our twenties now, I'm 26 and he's 23. Neither of us are in relationships at the moment, but we occasionally discuss marriage and children with hypothetical Conservative and Christian white women... LOL (my family is Caucasian).

On my paternal side, I have a living blood related aunt, a living grandmother, and a deceased grandfather. On my maternal side, I have a living blood related uncle married to his second wife, my living aunt in law, a deceased blood related uncle, a living grandmother, and a deceased grandfather.

One of my uncles is gay, my other uncle's first wife was infertile after she already had two children, his step children, who I never met since he and his first wife divorced when I was just a toddler, and my aunt was in bad relationships and just never found someone to marry, so I have no first cousins. As a teenager that bothered me, but now that I'm in my twenties it doesn't bother me as much. It's more of a younger thing to think about, and my parents had my brother and I in their thirties instead of their twenties, so my aunt's potential children and my heterosexual uncle's potential children would have been much older than me and my brother. There are also actually families out there who have no first cousins because their parents were only children and so they had no aunts or uncles... LOL.

My paternal grandfather died of cancer as an 86 year old in 2016 (forgot what kind), my gay uncle died of overall bad health as well as smoking as a 64 year old in 2018 (my other uncle also smokes, but he's in much better health, and his second wife also smokes) and my maternal grandfather died of old age as a 93 year old in 2018 (He used to smoke too, most likely where my two uncles picked up the habit, but he quit early in his life). My uncle also got married to his current wife in 2019. Everyone in my family is in good health now, thankfully, so things won't be changing again for a long, long time... Unless my brother and I get married and have children soon. LOL.

I could probably go more in detail about my distant relatives too, but I feel like I want to save that for a later post. Anyway, what about you guys? What are your families like?

Last edited:

India Actual

Super Civil Servant Blue
Super Saiyan Blue
I sell hotdogs and I'm secretly a crime fighter. This is me and my friends at work...

tumblr_static_batman-laughing.gif

I've been married to Mrs. India Actual for 8 years. Maybe you'll get whole story some day. :sneaky:

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
My great grandparents were immigrants from Italy. The longest living one was on my mother's side, she lived to be 93 and lived by herself in her own home up until she ended up in the hospital and later died. Long story short, some cousins of mine knocked her off a step ladder and she hit her head on the table.

All of my grandparents have passed away. The last one was my Nana, mother's side again. She died in 2018 on Halloween of all days.

I have two uncles and one aunt on my mom's side. I occasionally see one of the uncles, haven't seen the other in years, and my aunt might be a drug addict. Haven't spoken to her in a few years.

I don't talk to anyone on my father's side but one uncle, the only one I like honestly (the rest of them treat my dad like crap). He and his wife have loads of cats. lol

Both my parents are still married.

I have two brothers (30's and 40's), one is a half brother. My older brother has 2 daughters though I only speak with one of them, the younger of the two doesn't talk to anyone in my family. Her mother was a lovely woman... lol So I have two nieces, one of which doesn't come around so I guess I only have one. She is in her early 20's.

I come from a Catholic background (Italians smh lol) but I am a Christian myself.

Punkhead

High Speed God
Super Saiyan God
I grew up with my mother and her boyfriends at the time, my stepdad, and my half-sisters and stepbrother, and I'm still in the same house as my mom and stepdad because I am a loser. My dad died when I was 7 in a car wreck and he was a biker and my mom was a hippie. I have no full blooded sibling as we all have different dads.

On my dad's side I have one Aunt, who hated me for the longest but came around after several things happen to her, and a couple of cousins who I knew talk to/know. On my mom's there are a bunch of cousins, who again I barely talk to nor know. I only have one living grandparent and that is my Mom's Mom. My family was raised Baptist, but now I am a Atheist.

I have 6 nieces and 3 nephews many of whom I barely see because of my sisters hating me. I have been in and out of rehab three times in my entire life for alcohol, drugs, and overall mental health. I suffer from OCD and Bipolar Disorder 1, and I am allegoric to Gluten, dairy, and peanuts/Walnuts. I have lived in a total of eight states.

Yeah, i think that covers it.

Last edited:

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
I'd open up and give you the whole story of me and my family, but it's a mess...so I'll just go with the fact that my dad, my mother, my sister and myself moved to the US in 1995, we've been here since, originally from the UK. We're not a great family, I'll leave that up to your imagination, but we try. I'm currently in the process of losing my mother, she has dementia and realistically we lost her a couple of years ago, mentally, but we're doing all we can to keep her here physically as long as possible. I look after her full time, gave up a nice cushy programming career to do so, and mot of the time it's a nightmare, but there are those moments where she's her again, and those are the moments you live for. Got other siblings, other relatives and other issues back in the UK, but I'll stop there. Everyone's got family issues, so I'll stop airing mine right there :D

LividJay

Meh
Super Saiyan God
I grew up with my mother and her boyfriends at the time
Same.

Am the only child between my mom and dad. They were not together when I was born. On my dad's side, I have 2 brothers and a sister. On my mom's side, two brothers. Had an awful step-dad that was abusive. He was out of the picture by the time I was a junior in high school. I have a very large, tight-knit family on my mom's side. It was not unusual to see second and third cousins at family gatherings. My great grandfather's family on my grandmother's was from France. My mom's father's side comes from various places in Europe, mostly Germanic Europe, England/Wales, Ireland and Scotland. My dad's father died two years before I was born. My mom's father died when I was 6 from cancer. Both my grandmother's are still alive.

• Informative
Reactions: Punkhead

India Actual

Super Civil Servant Blue
Super Saiyan Blue
Okay, since everyone is airing the grievances, here goes....

I come from a Polish-American background. Both sides of my family immigrated to America in the early 20th century to escape war and communism. I was raised by a single mom and my maternal grandfather. My parents divorced when I was two because my dad was an alcoholic and cheated on my mom. Grew up lower middle class but it was good enough. As I grew older my mother and I really started to not get along so I joined the Air Force to get away and leave my shit hole town in PA. I have a relationship with my dad but it’s not typical father-son stuff. He wasn’t around a lot hey he’s my dad.

I moved to FL when I honorably discharged and lived with my mom again. Not a good idea. Things turned around again once I met my wife and I got my career started. We moved away together and have been inseparable ever since.

We moved to Canada in 2017 to get away from a bad work environment and we left all our family behind. I have a really good relationship with my in-laws because they’re wonderful people and are what parents should be. Mom and I are okay in small doses but that’s it. I see my Dad from time to time. I lost my grandfather last year which was hard because he was my father figure and a good man.

Last edited:

Carnotaurus

Roar!
Super Saiyan
I don't have much to say. My father and mother divorced when I was little. Mother's moved to Spain, didn't really want to keep in touch, so we haven't talked in the past years. Her relatives I also don't care about. Father moved to UK to work a long time ago, we see each other once per year. His relatives that are worth mentioning are his parents and one of his sisters, whom I visit every couple of months in my hometown. Dad, since divorce, had a very abusive girlfriend with whom I had to live ofc. But we finally got rid of her eventually. I've lived mostly by myself since 17 so not a big familist.

I am more focused on starting a new family with somebody, that I can make work. I've had a past 3-years relationship that was also kind of abusive, but now I've found a special someone with whom I really want to turn out good.

Reactions: India Actual

Yoshi

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan God
Okay, so I decided to post about my distant family.

My paternal grandfather had four siblings and he's the oldest of the five, and everyone including him had two children, all of them had a son and a daughter each except one family, who had two sons. His grandparents on his mother's side (my great great grandparents) were first cousins and he and his siblings were closer to their mother's family, so I've met some third cousins through my great grandmother. My relatives on that side are scattered all over the place, but most of them are still in the same state I'm in, and there's one family that just literally lives one town away from my immediate family, and they had two children. Their mother is my father's first cousin.

My maternal grandfather moved from Virginia to my home state Texas, and he had three siblings. One became infertile and didn't have children, but the other two had four children and two children. The family with two children I don't know that well, but the one with four is on the big side and I've spoken with a lot of them.

My paternal grandmother moved from Mississippi to my home state Texas, and she had one brother who had three children. I've met all three of them. One of them even lives in the same state as my immediate family, my aunt, and my grandmother.

My maternal grandmother had one brother as well, and he married twice like my uncle, his nephew. He had no children with his first wife since she was also infertile, and no children with his second wife since they were both too old at that point. His first wife died prematurely, and he and his second wife both died of old age. So I have no second cousins through my maternal grandmother, but my grandmother was close to her first cousins and my mother and her brothers were close to their second cousins, so I've seen some of my third cousins on that side before. I don't consider anything past third cousins family though, and you're not even blood related to anyone past third cousins.

Last edited:
  • :)
  • :shock3:
  • :ssgrin:
  • :stop2:
  • :tasty:
  • :thinking:
  • :what:
  • :yes:
  • :stinky:
  • :9000:
  • :beer: