Do you like the character of Yamcha?

Do you like the character of Yamcha?

• Total voters

Yoshi

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan God
As much as I like making fun of Yamcha like many other Dragon Ball fans, I actually like Yamcha as a character. Like Krillin and Tenshinhan, and unlike Gohan, Goten, and Trunks, he's actually a serious warrior. Dragon Ball is the moment he shines the most in, obviously. He gives off a serious vibe in the Pilaf Saga and the 21st Budokai Saga and I would consider him a rival of Goku's in those two Sagas along with Krillin. I also don't discount Yamcha as a warrior in Z because they still considered him a Z Fighter all the way up to the Cell Games, and that's saying a lot.

Also, he was good to Bulma. I don't buy into him cheating on her, personally. And he took Bulma breaking up with him for someone like Vegeta like a champ.

Reactions: VPDBZ3030

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
In DB, I liked him though that was mainly because I thought Wolf Fang Fist sounded cool, but other than that he is meaningless and I don't care for him one bit

giphy.gif

LividJay

Meh
Super Saiyan God
I thought he was great in Dragon Ball when he could keep up with the others. He's lost his purpose, now, and is only a background character. Kinda sad.

Reactions: Beerus

Mustafar Reginald

Elite Saiyan Warrior
I like Yamcha fine, especially in the Pilaf Saga because that was the point where he had the most character (his desire for a waifu but being unable to talk to girls) and it was the only time in the entire series that he contributed. Like in the rest of Dragon Ball all he ever does is lose in tournament arcs to characters that actual matter. His iconic death in the Saiyan Saga is the stuff of legends though.

LividJay

Meh
Super Saiyan God
especially in the Pilaf Saga because that was the point where he had the most character (his desire for a waifu but being unable to talk to girls) and it was the only time in the entire series that he contributed.
Those were good times for Yamcha. He was actually a very interesting character (and was a pretty good villain for a short time). I think that's one of the things I loved most about Dragon Ball. Each person Goku came across wasn't necessarily terrible, just going through problems of their own. His innocence eventually brought them over and they all became friends. Except for Tien. He was a real dick and it took help from Muten Roshi. But apart from that, yeah, the original characters were more like rivals and had great stories. I really wish they would have been given a chance to grow more. Toriyama really views humans as weak, I guess.

Hitman

Saiyan Grunt
I like Yamcha, and for me the reason why his character got relegated to the back was more to do with Toriyama steering the story away from martial arts adventure to power level based planet destroying fights. Up until the King Piccolo saga, the characters were humans, granted Goku was a Saiyan, but that wasn't known at that point, besides he wasn't that much greater than the others. When demonic kings were brought in, and Goku is starting to show more and more superhuman feats, it started to make Yamcha fall to the back, heck what happened to him, happened to Tien, and even eventually Krillin who was unable to do much other than run post Frieza saga.

When Goku became the strongest figher in the world, Toriyama had to look to beyond the heavens for more powerful foes that would not be bound by the limitations of being an Earth fighter, so they could still come off as a threat and having Goku find out he was a Saiyan just opened the door on just how powerful Goku could then become. Yamacha suffered like many characters did, Launch for instance was just forgotton, even Roshi was just left on his island home for most of the Z story, just watching aerobics on TV. You cannot really do much more with Yamcha when the story has moved onto more intergalatic alien orientated storylines, where him being a human just wasn't going to be enough.

He is still a very powerful fighter, remember he made Snake Way faster than what Goku did, trained in 10x gravity and did get stronger, but when the Saiyans arrived, it changed the game and Dragon Ball was never the same when Raditz stepped foot on Earth.

Kid Goku

VIdeospiel-Man Website IS Out! Enjoy Chapters 1+2!
Super Saiyan 4
I like him yes he loses and cheats BUT the loses dont matter in that regard and the cheating is not really opart of his character its just a plot device so that we dont hate bulma and heck its pretty easy justifing it considering that bulma attempted to cheat around 3 times!

In Xenoverse and Kakarott on the other hand yeesh hes a completly diffrent character in him not a lovable loser but a prick just listening no reading his lines makes me hate him but i hate the Writers even more for doing this!

Kid Goku

VIdeospiel-Man Website IS Out! Enjoy Chapters 1+2!
Super Saiyan 4
Dam dam dam dam lalalalala lalalaa Doubleposting time damdamdamdamdaaam!
Yamcvha gets to beat up some goons and say hes the third strongest earthling i mean its not much but yeaaah!

Giga Hertz

The beauty of grace is that it makes life not fair
Super Saiyan God
I don't mind him as a character, even if he was functionally useless for Z. I'll gladly partake in a Yamcha meme, but I've got no real beef with him as a character. He suffers the same fate as all non-Saiyans in that they just make him irrelevant for the most part.

As a whole, my favourite human has always been Krillin.

OolongGuy

Saiyan Grunt
Yeah, I like Yamcha. Another good Tōru Furuya character.

I like the running joke about Yamcha always being broke.

And I always thought that Bulma just told Trunks that Yamcha cheated, when in reality it was something totally different. Bulma was always insecure and jealous during their relationship.

• :)
  • :shock3:
  • :ssgrin:
  • :stop2:
  • :tasty:
  • :thinking:
  • :what:
  • :yes:
  • :stinky:
  • :9000:
  • :beer:
  • :coke: