Dragon Ball Super Does goku make his own enemies?

mundomania

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan 2
We've seen many enemies in DBS, all with different motives and feelings, but they're all linked by goku. Beerus only comes to earth because he has a vision about goku (technically vegeta but that's a whole different story). Frieza comes back just to kill goku. Goku black only exists because goku fought zamasu, and the tournament of power only occurs due to goku pointing it out to grand zeno. Goku is probably the worst thing for the universe, as he's the one constantly putting it in harms way.

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
Let us not forget the Red Ribbon Army and the androids... Cell... All that caused by Goku in one way or another. Buu was another cause in a sense because he and Vegeta both were being too careless. I always said that Goku is the actual villain of the story because he attracts danger and then puts everything at risk before finally solving the problem. Like a kid who just wants to play with his toys.

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
Let us not forget the Red Ribbon Army and the androids... Cell... All that caused by Goku in one way or another. Buu was another cause in a sense because he and Vegeta both were being too careless. I always said that Goku is the actual villain of the story because he attracts danger and then puts everything at risk before finally solving the problem. Like a kid who just wants to play with his toys.

Completely agreed with this, so many enemies searching or designed just for him...he's the real terror of the galaxy.

He was going through an emo phase I think.

Cut my wife into pieces, this is my Bulma whore! Suffocating, no braining, don't give a fuck if I blow us up training.
giphy.gif

Last edited:

mundomania

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan 2
Exactly, goku is literally the most dangerous thing in the whole universe, and he's not even evil!

• Agree
Reactions: Beerus

India Actual

Super Civil Servant Blue
Super Saiyan Blue
If you dig deep then you're spot on that Goku is the root cause of all the antagonizing forces throughout the entire run of Dragon Ball. The most probable real answer is quite superficial, he's the hero. Without someone for Goku to fight then it would be boring and we wouldn't sitting here almost 40 years later enjoying Dragon Ball. The bad guys go after him because he's the center of the story, that's pretty much it.

Mustafar Reginald

Elite Saiyan Warrior
I know Goku himself once said this was the case, but nah, I never agreed with this. His definitely not the worst thing for the universe, the Tournament of Power actually saved most of the Universes since the Zeno's were planning on just getting rid of the eight competing regardless, but Goku's suggestion let them have a fighting chance. Zamasu's mentality was already skewing towards grand genocide, and while Goku being stronger certainly made it worse, I'm not convinced he wouldn't have attempted it anyway. Maybe he would've taking over Trunks instead or maybe being immortal would've been enough. And in the manga, Zamasu never even meets Goku, he only hears about him from Supreme Kai, so in that continuity you should blame him not Goku. Frieza was already a tyrannical inter-galactic dictator, so very much already not a good thing for the Universe. And Buu's awakening was clearly more Vegeta's fault.

The only legit instance is probably the Androids saga but even then, it's not like the Red Ribbon were a good gang of people before Goku ruined them and it's not like Gero was going to stop making Androids if Goku didn't destroy the RR army. Again, they certainly wouldn't be as powerful as a threat since studying Goku was essential to that, but he's at worst a motivator, Gero was still going to do bad things regardless.

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
I know Goku himself once said this was the case, but nah, I never agreed with this. His definitely not the worst thing for the universe, the Tournament of Power actually saved most of the Universes since the Zeno's were planning on just getting rid of the eight competing regardless, but Goku's suggestion let them have a fighting chance. Zamasu's mentality was already skewing towards grand genocide, and while Goku being stronger certainly made it worse, I'm not convinced he wouldn't have attempted it anyway. Maybe he would've taking over Trunks instead or maybe being immortal would've been enough. And in the manga, Zamasu never even meets Goku, he only hears about him from Supreme Kai, so in that continuity you should blame him not Goku. Frieza was already a tyrannical inter-galactic dictator, so very much already not a good thing for the Universe. And Buu's awakening was clearly more Vegeta's fault.

The only legit instance is probably the Androids saga but even then, it's not like the Red Ribbon were a good gang of people before Goku ruined them and it's not like Gero was going to stop making Androids if Goku didn't destroy the RR army. Again, they certainly wouldn't be as powerful as a threat since studying Goku was essential to that, but he's at worst a motivator, Gero was still going to do bad things regardless.
You Goku apologist! lol But I see your points. You can blame him but you can also see that regardless of him, these people still had evil intentions. He seems to have just sped up or spread out their process.

Yoshi

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan God
Anyway, regarding the thread at hand, I agree with everyone in the thread who said Goku made enemies out of the Red Ribbon Army. Directly when it came to the Army itself, with Doctor Gero and the other Androids, and indirectly with Tao Pai Pai and the Crane School. I think they were the villains that Goku was the least justified in defeating.

• :)
  • :shock3:
  • :ssgrin:
  • :stop2:
  • :tasty:
  • :thinking:
  • :what:
  • :yes:
  • :stinky:
  • :9000:
  • :beer:
  • :coke: