Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Does this sum up the anime?

Punkhead

High Speed God
Super Saiyan God
If you want to understand JoJo...just go look at all the memes, and as someone show has watched a good bit of it I have to say...it is okay and is overrated

Reactions: Beerus

Mustafar Reginald

Elite Saiyan Warrior
I mean yeah, So This is Basically is kind of always on the money (one of my favourite series on Youtube). I love JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (all my avatars I've had on here have been from JoJo, albeit my current one is a fan art of Kite from Hunter x Hunter wearing Jotaro's Part 4 attire) though my affection for it varies quite a bit based on which part. Like I think the first part Phantom Blood sucks.

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
I mean yeah, So This is Basically is kind of always on the money (one of my favourite series on Youtube). I love JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (all my avatars I've had on here have been from JoJo, albeit my current one is a fan art of Kite from Hunter x Hunter wearing Jotaro's Part 4 attire) though my affection for it varies quite a bit based on which part. Like I think the first part Phantom Blood sucks.
I heard about it starting out bad. A lot of people seem to not care for it out here in the West but then it picks up.

Mustafar Reginald

Elite Saiyan Warrior
I heard about it starting out bad. A lot of people seem to not care for it out here in the West but then it picks up.

Yeah, Phantom Blood is bad for a lot of reasons imo but the main one is how boring the main character is. Jonathan Joestar's personality kind of begins and ends with him just being a good person, it's very uninteresting. The next part focuses on Joseph Joestar, who shows more personality in his introduction scene than Jonathan showed in his entire part. And it's in Part Three where Stands get introduced, which pretty much drastically changes how the series functions from that point. I've talked to a few people who don't like the series at all until Stands get introduced, and even a minority of people who stopped liking the series once Stands get introduced (to be fair, a lot of the Stands are kinda boring until halfway through Part 3 so if they bailed out before that happened, I get it).

• Informative

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
Yeah, Phantom Blood is bad for a lot of reasons imo but the main one is how boring the main character is. Jonathan Joestar's personality kind of begins and ends with him just being a good person, it's very uninteresting. The next part focuses on Joseph Joestar, who shows more personality in his introduction scene than Jonathan showed in his entire part. And it's in Part Three where Stands get introduced, which pretty much drastically changes how the series functions from that point. I've talked to a few people who don't like the series at all until Stands get introduced, and even a minority of people who stopped liking the series once Stands get introduced (to be fair, a lot of the Stands are kinda boring until halfway through Part 3 so if they bailed out before that happened, I get it).
I'll probably give it a watch. Can Phantom Blood just be skipped? I know some animes you can do this and it has no real impact on the overall story.

Mustafar Reginald

Elite Saiyan Warrior
I'll probably give it a watch. Can Phantom Blood just be skipped? I know some animes you can do this and it has no real impact on the overall story.

I'd suggest watching the first episode to see if you like it, and then if you don't, just skip til episode 9 or episode 10. Episode 9 is the last episode of Phantom Blood and sets up important plot points for the next two parts of the series. It's kind of a stand-alone episode so you don't really need to know the middle bit, the only thing you need to know of the middle bits to understand the last episode is . . .

Dio becomes a vampire at some point (due to a mask) and survived that supposed final battle between him and Jonathan in Episode 8 (you'll see how at the beginning of episode 9). And Hamon is a power that lets them combat Vampires via breathing.

Episode 9 was the best part of Phantom Blood, which is part of why I suggested it besides being relevant. If you don't want to deal with Episode 9, Episode 10 begins Battle Tendency, and this is all you really need to know (don't click this unless you decide to skip altogether or really don't care about spoilers) . . .

Jonathan dies on a sinking boat while hugging Dio's decapitated head, which as a vampire, is still alive. Also, read the spoiler for middle bits if you read this one since it has other pertinent information.

If you know this stuff (which isn't much), you can skip Phantom Blood without much worry, though I know a lot of JoJo fans are like "Skipping parts is a sin" but I don't really agree with that. I mean, I started Dragon Ball with Z so I really can't be.

• Thanks
  • :)
  • :shock3:
  • :ssgrin:
  • :stop2:
  • :tasty:
  • :thinking:
  • :what:
  • :yes:
  • :stinky:
  • :9000: