Dragon Ball: Sparking! ZERO (Budokai Tenkaichi 4)

Giga Hertz

The beauty of grace is that it makes life not fair
Super Saiyan God
Oh my God it's happening everybody stay calm.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: Yoshi

Kid Goku

Enjoy the new Chapter 3 of Videospiel-Man!
Super Saiyan 4
Yup now the only question i have is!
Will they keep all the relevant Characters?
I would be sad if Pilaf, DK Piccolo or Tao Would be cut!
Also one thing that will almost certanily be cut is the international Soundtrack but dont worry the japanese soundtrack is straighrt up from the Anime!

Reactions: NeiruNail911

Giga Hertz

Super Saiyan God
Will they keep all the relevant Characters?
I would be sad if Pilaf, DK Piccolo or Tao Would be cut!

I don't think "relevant" is the word you want. I honestly don't care for a lot of characters in BT3, but I genuinely hope they keep a nice wide roster like they did (including useless people like Chiaotzu, Saibaman, Appule). That was one of the big draws to BT3: you could create a lot of different fights and screw around with a lot of different types of characters.

Also one thing that will almost certanily be cut is the international Soundtrack but dont worry the japanese soundtrack is straighrt up from the Anime!
And with a few exceptions, the original anime soundtrack is dreadful. Don't ruin this for me yet.

Kid Goku

Super Saiyan 4
I don't think "relevant" is the word you want. I honestly don't care for a lot of characters in BT3, but I genuinely hope they keep a nice wide roster like they did (including useless people like Chiaotzu, Saibaman, Appule). That was one of the big draws to BT3: you could create a lot of different fights and screw around with a lot of different types of characters.

And with a few exceptions, the original anime soundtrack is dreadful. Don't ruin this for me yet.
Dreadfull? the original anime soundtrack i mean i cant judge super but zand og sound great also theyll probably go for the best tracks anyways!

Yoshi

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan God
I still feel like this should have been announced during the 2010s, back when this would have been a bigger deal.

Giga Hertz

Super Saiyan God
I still feel like this should have been announced during the 2010s, back when this would have been a bigger deal.
Yeah, but on the flipside, no actual new content. All the PS3 games were scraping the barrel as it was.

Reactions: Yoshi

Kid Goku

Super Saiyan 4
Yeah, but on the flipside, no actual new content. All the PS3 games were scraping the barrel as it was.
True like coolers Men, Android 14 and 15 and ssj 3 and hatchiyak!
Although you could defintly increase the roster size of BT3 even back then here are some ideas:
Kid Kuririn
Bandit Yamcha
YA Chchi
Ya Goku
Adjdant Black (Mech)
Murasaki
General Rildo
Ledigic
Eis Shenron
amongst others!

Giga Hertz

Super Saiyan God
True like coolers Men, Android 14 and 15 and ssj 3 and hatchiyak!
Although you could defintly increase the roster size of BT3 even back then here are some ideas:
Kid Kuririn
Bandit Yamcha
YA Chchi
Ya Goku
Adjdant Black (Mech)
Murasaki
General Rildo
Ledigic
Eis Shenron
amongst others!
You can, but most of those really aren't that interesting when you're talking about putting extra content into a game (which costs a substantial amount of money each time they have to create one), and they just become clones of other characters. Having 5 Gokus was a bit exhausting already.

It's great to provide a lot of options in games - and that's why people love sandbox games - but you have to be careful because there is a real thing where you can get fatigued from having to browse through endless forms/menus/options.

It's like how when you scroll through Netflix looking for something, it's absolutely the most boring thing, but then you never actually find anything you like because there's too many options. No one wants to pay $100 for a game and then just do that.

Giga Hertz

Super Saiyan God
(which costs a substantial amount of money each time they have to create one)
And just to come back to this point. Let's say they're just about to finish up BT4 and the CEO of Bandai Namco says "Let's add Krillin (Kid) into the mix". They then have to sit down and:
- Figure out how Krillin balances out into the mix
- Research into what attacks and moves are appropriate and how to balance them with the existing lineup
- Model Krillin
- Program Krillin into the game (and ensure that doesn't break anything)
- Program Krillin into the UI (and ensure that doesn't break anything)
- Test Krillin's moveset
- Write dialogue and/or story for Krillin; including translating and localising content
- Organise to get Laurie Steele and Mayumi Tanaka to record the dialogue (and anyone else depending on how many translations get made)

Each of these points will usually take multiple people who are likely getting paid a reasonable amount. Even if all of this only took a week and/or was mixed in with other content, you could still be looking at several thousand to tens of thousands of dollars to make it happen.

Kid Goku

Super Saiyan 4
And just to come back to this point. Let's say they're just about to finish up BT4 and the CEO of Bandai Namco says "Let's add Krillin (Kid) into the mix". They then have to sit down and:
- Figure out how Krillin balances out into the mix
- Research into what attacks and moves are appropriate and how to balance them with the existing lineup
- Model Krillin
- Program Krillin into the game (and ensure that doesn't break anything)
- Program Krillin into the UI (and ensure that doesn't break anything)
- Test Krillin's moveset
- Write dialogue and/or story for Krillin; including translating and localising content
- Organise to get Laurie Steele and Mayumi Tanaka to record the dialogue (and anyone else depending on how many translations get made)

Each of these points will usually take multiple people who are likely getting paid a reasonable amount. Even if all of this only took a week and/or was mixed in with other content, you could still be looking at several thousand to tens of thousands of dollars to make it happen.
But keep in mind Krillin is one of the most iconic and longstanding Dragonball Characters i think giving him a second Slot could be Hype for atleast Some!
But True him alone wouldnt make A BT4 Worth Playing although he would be comparativly easy to implement!

Giga Hertz

Super Saiyan God
But keep in mind Krillin is one of the most iconic and longstanding Dragonball Characters i think giving him a second Slot could be Hype for atleast Some!
But True him alone wouldnt make A BT4 Worth Playing although he would be comparativly easy to implement!
My point is, you can add those characters but the return-on-investment isn't worth it. You have to remember that Dragon Ball is largely a combination of the story we enjoy, and what content Toei and Bandai Namco can flog. And that content is usually Goku, Frieza and Vegeta; because it's what the vast amount of people want so it's the most efficient way of making money.

That's not to say many people don't like Krillin or Chiaotzu or anyone in all their varying costumes, forms, whatever. But from a "I'm going to invest money in it" the money's where Goku and Vegeta is. There's far more people that would go out of their way for Goku or Vegeta than Krillin or Chiaotzu.

NeiruNail911

Saiyan Warrior
My point is, you can add those characters but the return-on-investment isn't worth it. You have to remember that Dragon Ball is largely a combination of the story we enjoy, and what content Toei and Bandai Namco can flog. And that content is usually Goku, Frieza and Vegeta; because it's what the vast amount of people want so it's the most efficient way of making money.

That's not to say many people don't like Krillin or Chiaotzu or anyone in all their varying costumes, forms, whatever. But from a "I'm going to invest money in it" the money's where Goku and Vegeta is. There's far more people that would go out of their way for Goku or Vegeta than Krillin or Chiaotzu.
As far as costumes or younger appearanceces of characters go, they could have them be unlockable through in game ways (capsules or Yen you win through winning tournament mode either online or off)

Giga Hertz

Super Saiyan God
As far as costumes or younger appearanceces of characters go, they could have them be unlockable through in game ways (capsules or Yen you win through winning tournament mode either online or off)
Oh cosmetics are fine. And in this day and age they just sell those so they've got nothing to lose.

But as individual playable characters with unique movesets it's just not worth the investment.

Giga Hertz

Super Saiyan God
Yeah the game looks good although im confused why a db game has to look so good its limited too ps5, xbox series x and high quality steam!
I'm confused by your confusion. It's a very new game; why would it not run on the latest gen consoles and look its best?

The fact it's coming out on three is a good thing. The Switch is getting old and hard to port games for reliably, if that's what you mean.

Kid Goku

Super Saiyan 4
I'm confused by your confusion. It's a very new game; why would it not run on the latest gen consoles and look its best?

The fact it's coming out on three is a good thing. The Switch is getting old and hard to port games for reliably, if that's what you mean.
The Main issue is that i think the Graphic are TOO Good i mean heres a picture of Dragonball superhero and heres goku firing a kamehame ha:
... fuck no pictures are available i mean the small one he used in the trailer that one had more effects than Gohan firing the final special beam canon in the superhero movie!
Also im not saying it has to come out on switch (After all there are rumors of a switch 2 for next year!) but instead for switch 2, Ps4, and XBOX 1 all of these consoles can create beatiful games and would be able to recreate Superhero almost 1 to 1!
And i mean i would be fine if they made a port with worse/ Diffrent graphics and features like in the olden days but locking BT Fucking 4 to next gen is cruel!
I dont wanna pay 500 Bucks for a console that has either 100 Hour long boring as drab looking single player games or wants me to use gamepass!
Xbox and ps 5 are straight up not consoles i have any interest in!

Also they MIGHT have no offline multiplayer!

Kid Goku

Super Saiyan 4
Here is a couple of screenshots i made almost all of them are better than google pictures:
1702219579020.png

1702219425062.png

1702219492092.png

1702219460752.png
1702219628822.png

1702219651533.png

1702218683100.png

1702219790462.png
1702219754658.png
1702218704947.png

1702218743497.png

1702219725046.png

Kid Goku

Super Saiyan 4
A new trailer released revealing the game to have a VERY slightly bigger roster than 3!
Also Goku gets 4 major versions (Early, Mid, End and Super!)

Giga Hertz

Super Saiyan God
A new trailer released revealing the game to have a VERY slightly bigger roster than 3!
Also Goku gets 4 major versions (Early, Mid, End and Super!)
Problem is most of the slots are transformations. There's like 12 slots that are just Goku and Vegeta.

And no Super Saiyan 4 (maybe) :bulmatea:

• :)
  • :shock3:
  • :ssgrin:
  • :stop2:
  • :tasty:
  • :thinking:
  • :what:
  • :yes:
  • :stinky:
  • :9000:
  • :beer: