End of the year goals?

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
Curious to see if anyone has any goals they want to accomplish by the end of the year.

I have a few. I want to get my blog earning more again. Since COVID happened, my earnings have tanked. Down by like 60%. Amazon Associates is paying piss all right now as well. So I want to get the earnings back up by the end of the year somehow. I also want to get in better shape so I started exercising again today. Did 30 minutes of rebounding and it kicked my arse. I am so tired. Going to try to stick to that daily. Other than that, I am hoping me and Jay can start saving for a house. I would like for us to be able to buy one next Fall while the housing market is cheaper.

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
My goal is to find a better employment situation. I've got my mother full time, and I'm fine doing that, but I need to start earning a proper wage again. So I'm hoping to find a work from home programming job with flexible hours so I can work sort of whenever I have the free time, and get back to actually earning some money that isn't just enough to be scraping by. Not looking to be the next Bill Gates, just want to not worry about what's left in the bank from one day to the next.

...and obligatory "and find some boobs to play with!" comment.

Reactions: Beerus

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
My goal is to find a better employment situation. I've got my mother full time, and I'm fine doing that, but I need to start earning a proper wage again. So I'm hoping to find a work from home programming job with flexible hours so I can work sort of whenever I have the free time, and get back to actually earning some money that isn't just enough to be scraping by. Not looking to be the next Bill Gates, just want to not worry about what's left in the bank from one day to the next.

Keep an eye on this site: https://www.telecommuterjobs.net/
Pulls listings from Craigslist all over the US. Most of it is work from home.

Reactions: Super Kami Guru

Teen Gohan

Saiyan Warrior
I think the only goals I made for this year aside from my career stuff was to read like 4 books and I have yet to do so. :sleep:

COVID did put a halt to a lot of plans/goals, but I haven't really thought about how to reach those goals with the handicap that is COVID. Although, I'll say I did do a lot of self-reflecting, learned about myself and just human nature. Became more spiritual to a degree, so my thoughts have become more lax and rational. I realistically won't set any goals to attain by the end of the year. However, I'll definitely put some plans to fruition for next year. So the remainder of this year will be ideally just setting up for next year and hope that it works out.

Carnotaurus

Roar!
Super Saiyan
My biggest goal till the end of the year is to get back in shape. I used to be really sporty last year but after everything had been closed I lost a lot of motivation for pretty much anything. I've started small, like doing workouts at home, and hopefully next year I'll retake on my former activities.

LividJay

Meh
Super Saiyan God
I can't really think of any goals other than:
...but even then, I'm not really caring about that, either.

My goal is to find a better employment situation.
If you ever need help with a resume, let me know. I've seen a lot while hiring for my agile software development team as well as helping other managers hire for theirs.

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
I can't really think of any goals other than:

...but even then, I'm not really caring about that, either.

Sounds like Covid depression. A good pair of boobs to play with should cheer you right back up again!

-(fake) Dr. Super Kami Guru

If you ever need help with a resume, let me know. I've seen a lot while hiring for my agile software development team as well as helping other managers hire for theirs.

I appreciate that! I think my resume's actually alright, what hurts me the most is the 4+ year gap between my last job and now, even considering serving as a caregiver the whole time, that's a LOT of time out of the industry...especially in a field that changes so frequently. I'm legitimately nervous about jumping back in again because of I simply haven't had the time to touch more than basic HTML and CSS/Less in the past few years. I suppose I need to set some time aside, build a few sample programs or even a sample project and include a link to it in my resume to show I still know what I'm doing...and to prove to myself I do, too.

Reactions: LividJay

Yoshi

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan God
This doesn't count as an end of the year goal, but I plan on getting a job again during the quarantine after the holidays.

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
I have another goal. Once this election is sorted, outside of things I need to pay attention to, I am putting a pin in politics. It just stresses me out. I get angry, my anxiety gets worse, it just sucks. I took a break from it for a while but because of all this. I don't like getting angry over things that are out of my control anyways. I don't care who wins, I just want the election to come to a close.

India Actual

Super Civil Servant Blue
Super Saiyan Blue
I have another goal. Once this election is sorted, outside of things I need to pay attention to, I am putting a pin in politics. It just stresses me out. I get angry, my anxiety gets worse, it just sucks. I took a break from it for a while but because of all this. I don't like getting angry over things that are out of my control anyways. I don't care who wins, I just want the election to come to a close.
Let's go shoot guns to relax!

• Funny

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
That's funny, but seriously don't do that. It's therapeutic, I would love to shoot guns with you and Jay! The jiggly gang is invited too! :ROFLMAO:
Aside from an old school shotgun and a bb gun, I never actually held a gun. lol

India Actual

Super Civil Servant Blue
Super Saiyan Blue
This may be for a wider thread, but when I make my triumphant return and COVID goes away forever into our yearly flu cycle, I'm interested in hitting up some cons and maybe Saiyacon if there's a part 3. If anyone else if down then we'll meet up and have a range day as well.

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
This may be for a wider thread, but when I make my triumphant return and COVID goes away forever into our yearly flu cycle, I'm interested in hitting up some cons and maybe Saiyacon if there's a part 3. If anyone else if down then we'll meet up and have a range day as well.
Well, we know this (virus and whether or not it lingers) depends on the election.

Saiyacon is a thing?

• :)
  • :shock3:
  • :ssgrin:
  • :stop2:
  • :tasty:
  • :thinking:
  • :what:
  • :yes:
  • :stinky:
  • :9000:
  • :beer: