Fan Game - Goku's Tale (2024 January - v0.6)

Giga Hertz

The beauty of grace is that it makes life not fair
Super Saiyan God
You could also go with his no cloak Version!
BTW How much of the Filler do you Include? Because Honestly the Buildup for Silver Sucked ass!
I rather Just move The Silver Filler Scenes to Blue Maybe!
At the moment, not much. I even moved Fungus Town to an optional quest because that in itself felt like filler.

If it's something that can expand the game in a meaningful way (that isn't a pain to design) I'll do it, but otherwise I re-write it or ignore it.

• Informative
Reactions: Kid Goku

Kid Goku

VIdeospiel-Man Website IS Out! Enjoy Chapters 1+2!
Super Saiyan 4
At the moment, not much. I even moved Fungus Town to an optional quest because that in itself felt like filler.

If it's something that can expand the game in a meaningful way (that isn't a pain to design) I'll do it, but otherwise I re-write it or ignore it.
Did you read the manga BTW?

Epic DB Gamer

Saiyan Grunt
The game was absolutely amazing. I'm glad I got to follow it these last couple of years and watch it develop into something I genuinely enjoy. Tipping my hat off to you, good sir! You've outdone yourself!

Funny enough the hardest part of the game for me has been the Boss Rabbit fight and I can't beat it. Might be because I've waited too long to do it, having done it after I got Krillin and on the way to get Launch, but couldn't beat it then. I'm capable of finding myself replaying it every day, discovering new things about it, or even trying 100% each aspect as it's completed.

As a fellow RPG Maker Game Designer, I know how time-consuming and hard some aspects of this can actually be, so I commend you for not giving up and continuing to create a project that others and myself, hopefully, you included, can and have enjoyed! I'd be down to offer assistance in any way possible.

Thank you for taking the last 2 years and some change in your life to create this project and continue working on it! I've genuinely come to enjoy it and can't wait for its updates as time progresses.

Edit - Would you mind if I just made recordings of me playing the game and posted them to youtube?

Last edited:
Reactions: Beerus

Giga Hertz

Super Saiyan God
The game was absolutely amazing. I'm glad I got to follow it these last couple of years and watch it develop into something I genuinely enjoy. Tipping my hat off to you, good sir! You've outdone yourself!
Thank you! That's much appreciated! Even more so since I often doubt the level of interest in it.

:krillinpalm:
Funny enough the hardest part of the game for me has been the Boss Rabbit fight and I can't beat it. Might be because I've waited too long to do it, having done it after I got Krillin and on the way to get Launch, but couldn't beat it then. I'm capable of finding myself replaying it every day, discovering new things about it, or even trying 100% each aspect as it's completed.
Admittedly, I did make that part harder as it's meant to be optional. I almost never bother with optional bosses in RPGs I play (like FInal Fantasy) and I knew some purist would get upset if I left out Fungus Town, so I decided to make people happy with this in one go :D
As a fellow RPG Maker Game Designer, I know how time-consuming and hard some aspects of this can actually be, so I commend you for not giving up and continuing to create a project that others and myself, hopefully, you included, can and have enjoyed! I'd be down to offer assistance in any way possible.
Many thanks! I'm more than open to hear whatever you'd like to suggest. :)

And it is also good to hear the first part too. Hearing a lot of people complain about games these days, I don't think they understand what really goes into game design even when you know what you're doing. I know RPG Maker can get a bad rap because of the shovelware that gets put out, but I've played some genuinely good games in it.
Thank you for taking the last 2 years and some change in your life to create this project and continue working on it! I've genuinely come to enjoy it and can't wait for its updates as time progresses.
And thank you for playing and investing time in following the project. It means a lot. :)
Edit - Would you mind if I just made recordings of me playing the game and posted them to youtube?
Of course not! Go nuts! It'd be helpful if you either linked back to either this thread or the RPG site. I still check the page on IndieDB from time-to-time, but I don't update it too much.

Thanks again for your feedback. I very much appreciate it. :fact::gokuup:

Kid Goku

Super Saiyan 4
Thank you! That's much appreciated! Even more so since I often doubt the level of interest in it.

Admittedly, I did make that part harder as it's meant to be optional. I almost never bother with optional bosses in RPGs I play (like FInal Fantasy) and I knew some purist would get upset if I left out Fungus Town, so I decided to make people happy with this in one go :D

And it is also good to hear the first part too. Hearing a lot of people complain about games these days, I don't think they understand what really goes into game design even when you know what you're doing. I know RPG Maker can get a bad rap because of the shovelware that gets put out, but I've played some genuinely good games in it.

And thank you for playing and investing time in following the project. It means a lot. :)

Of course not! Go nuts! It'd be helpful if you either linked back to either this thread or the RPG site. I still check the page on IndieDB from time-to-time, but I don't update it too much.

Do you need a Extra Developer BTW Because as soon as my Internet Speed is high again i want to help!

Giga Hertz

Super Saiyan God
Do you need a Extra Developer BTW Because as soon as my Internet Speed is high again i want to help!
Not really, sorry. While it might help things go faster, this is a pet project I do to relax.

I'm more than happy for help in form of making/finding specific assets or finding pieces of Faulconer music, but I really don't want to commit to "hiring" (for lack of better word) someone to directly work on it.

I get really particular about things that are my projects in general, whether that's at work or personal.

Epic DB Gamer

Saiyan Grunt
That's reasonable. I was curious as to how it wasn't included in the main story but as you said(on a previous page I believe) it was sorta like filler in itself so having it optional felt like a win-win scenario. Wouldn't clutter game-time within the main story, but also wouldn't be excluded either and could be completed at your own pace.
That's amazing to hear, but none currently come to the top of my head. (Which personally I think means you're doing a great job in including stuff that would have otherwise been a suggestion :) )
Agreed, sadly. They don't know till they experience it themselves. But still, there are some genuinely good games(such as yours).

Will do. As for linking it back to this thread/the RPG site, I will do it. I often have checked the IndieDB Website prior to having found this. so it's good to know that you don't update it too much so I don't look at it too much. Thanks again for creating a game where I could give this feedback! :D

Reactions: Giga Hertz

Giga Hertz

Super Saiyan God
That's reasonable. I was curious as to how it wasn't included in the main story but as you said(on a previous page I believe) it was sorta like filler in itself so having it optional felt like a win-win scenario. Wouldn't clutter game-time within the main story, but also wouldn't be excluded either and could be completed at your own pace.
Exactly.

Also, just so no one's heart's broken: Oozaru doesn't happen in the Tournament. Might happen someday, but too hard to write in at this stage.
That's amazing to hear, but none currently come to the top of my head. (Which personally I think means you're doing a great job in including stuff that would have otherwise been a suggestion :) )
Well I'm always here
Agreed, sadly. They don't know till they experience it themselves. But still, there are some genuinely good games(such as yours).

Will do. As for linking it back to this thread/the RPG site, I will do it. I often have checked the IndieDB Website prior to having found this. so it's good to know that you don't update it too much so I don't look at it too much. Thanks again for creating a game where I could give this feedback! :D
Yeah, I try to throw something there every now and then, but the interface is a bit clunky and you have to fill in like 50 fields every time you want to post. Can't be stuffed. :piccolopalm:

Kid Goku

Super Saiyan 4
Not really, sorry. While it might help things go faster, this is a pet project I do to relax.

I'm more than happy for help in form of making/finding specific assets or finding pieces of Faulconer music, but I really don't want to commit to "hiring" (for lack of better word) someone to directly work on it.

I get really particular about things that are my projects in general, whether that's at work or personal.
You dont have to do that Now (Heck maybe ill do it later) But having a Version with only non pirated Japanese Music ( You know as in not from the budokai games)
Would be pretty cool! After all i (and probably a lot more) dont really care for most Faulconer Themes! But considering that at this stage mostly you listen to it makes sense that you put your favourite themes in there!

Giga Hertz

Super Saiyan God
You dont have to do that Now (Heck maybe ill do it later) But having a Version with only non pirated Japanese Music ( You know as in not from the budokai games)
Plagiarised is the word you're looking for. :)
Would be pretty cool! After all i (and probably a lot more) dont really care for most Faulconer Themes! But considering that at this stage mostly you listen to it makes sense that you put your favourite themes in there!
I can tell you right now: definitely not interested, and with the way I implement the music: definitely not going to happen. I'd have to change a heap of individual cues (a couple hours of solid work to do it properly).

If you want to quickly modify it (for yourself), you could replace the various "DBZ" tracks in the bgm folder with the Japanese tracks (renamed to be exactly the same). It's not going to be perfect, and there'll be parts where it doesn't work (ie where one Faulconer track fades into another during a cutscene) but you'd only need to change a couple of those to change the overworld music in general.
1661552965995.png

(Or just turn the music off in the menu and play your own in the background)

Giga Hertz

Super Saiyan God
First map of the saga (Silver's Base) is mostly put together. There's a couple of boats and RR NPCs floating around the right hand side... Dragon Ball searching... or something. I guess (or wandering around aimlessly with some flavour text).

First part was super easy, barely an inconvenience. I bet doing Muscle Tower will take me absolutely no time at all... On an unrelated note, if someone knows where one of those other Hyperbolic Time Chambers is, I'd be much obliged.

1661853888948.png

Giga Hertz

Super Saiyan God
Muscle Tower intro.gif

I'm not quite dead, sir.gif

I know it's been almost four months. And it's honestly probably been almost that long since I've touched the project. Just lots of personal stuff going on, super busy.

For those watching at home, I've (essentially) finished mapping Jingle Village and Muscle Tower. This means I can finally work on scripting - the GIF is where I got up to, before deciding I should probably do an update before 2022 ends.

So far only Suno's house is accessible. I'll turn one of those other houses into a Z Mart, and obviously do the mayor's House and Dr Frappe's House. I'm also now seeing just how much empty space there is in Muscle Tower, so I'll probably scale the rooms down a bit before I start scripting events in it.

1672385846149.png

1672386152687.png

• Love
Reactions: Beerus and Yoshi

Kid Goku

Super Saiyan 4
I would add a line or a secret boss fight against Gero like say both of them worked together on Hachan (Eighter)
I think a non cyborg Gero could be beaten by Kid Goku!

Reactions: Giga Hertz

Giga Hertz

Super Saiyan God
I would add a line or a secret boss fight against Gero like say both of them worked together on Hachan (Eighter)
I think a non cyborg Gero could be beaten by Kid Goku!
Yeah, it's not a bad idea. But if I do that, it'll probably be as an alternate/hidden route in the actual RR base. Or maybe even make it Gevo/Gold.

But adding Frappe flavour text for Gero might not be a bad idea either. Thanks for the suggestion. :gokuup:

Reactions: Kid Goku

Giga Hertz

Super Saiyan God
Just as a final minor update for the year (a little more than 5 more hours left!):
- The scripting and music from Goku entering Jingle Village to his encounter with the guards who break into Suno's house is now finished
- I added a Z-Store to the town
- I discovered and corrected a few issues with the existing Z-Stores:
--- None of them had music cues and would have been taking it from the towns (this would probably have no music if the game were saved inside and reloaded). They now all play Earth Music.
--- Because I copy and paste the Capsule Shop and just adjust the events, I actually failed to change the display names on some of them. So multiple shops were displaying "Aru Village Shop"

Happy New Year to everyone! Hopefully we will see this released by mid-next-year (all my major life circumstances pending).

Thanks so much for your support this year! Keep being awesome!
:thumbsupgif:

Giga Hertz

Super Saiyan God
Good news: I've finished scripting the stuff with Android 16 8, ready to proceed to Floor 5.

Bad news: I forgot that Floor 4.5 and Buyon are actually canon. So now I get to decide if I design those in or not.

• :)
  • :shock3:
  • :ssgrin:
  • :stop2:
  • :tasty:
  • :thinking:
  • :what:
  • :yes:
  • :stinky:
  • :9000:
  • :beer: