FighterZ Gohan 'confirms' SSJ4 is Stronger Than Blue, Ultra Instinct

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
So according to this screen capture from FighterZ, Gohan confirms that SSJ4 Gogeta is, in fact, stronger in power than Blue or Ultra Instinct Goku...

Whether that becomes cannon in the show, or is verified to be accurate remains to be seen, but at least for now, we've got confirmation that SSJ4 Gogeta, at least, is more powerful than Blue or Ultra Instinct Goku...interesting...

India Actual

Super Civil Servant Blue
Super Saiyan Blue
So according to this screen capture from FighterZ, Gohan confirms that SSJ4 Gogeta is, in fact, stronger in power than Blue or Ultra Instinct Goku...

Whether that becomes cannon in the show, or is verified to be accurate remains to be seen, but at least for now, we've got confirmation that SSJ4 Gogeta, at least, is more powerful than Blue or Ultra Instinct Goku...interesting...

This caused a bit of an internet shit storm a week ago because people took it at face value. It's a video game, plain and simple. Big grain of salt.

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
This caused a bit of an internet shit storm a week ago because people took it at face value. It's a video game, plain and simple. Big grain of salt.
Yeah, I'm just in-the-loop enough to be catching up now, and realized we didn't have a topic on it here:D.

I agree, it's just a video game, and there are a lot of topics in the video games that never became part of the actual DB cannon or strayed way away from what the show and manga did, so definitely grain of salt for now, but it's nice to see SOMETHING DB actually reference SSJ4 and possibly hint at it being relevant.

Mustafar Reginald

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Few thoughts . . .

I. Gohan's assessment seems fair to me. For starters, Gohan's not really saying SSJ4>Ultra Instinct because his frame of reference would be Goku as SSJ Blue & Ultra Instinct. Gohan wasn't around for SSJ Blue Gogeta and Ultra Instinct Gogeta can't exist. Fusion Dance power increase is a multiplier right? That's how I remember it, I can believe with the fusion multiplier two SSJ4's might reach heights comparable, it would just mean SSJ Blue Gogeta is that much ahead. But I also didn't watch enough GT to really know how it scales. But basically, I don't take it as Gohan's statement as saying the transformation of SSJ4 is inherently stronger than Blue or Ultra Instinct, that would be dumb. But even so, that would be Gohan's opinion, and Gohan's opinion is that the Great Saiyaman is cool don't take him so seriously fanboys.

II. The game has dramatic finishes for SSJ4 Gogeta vs. SSJ Blue Gogeta. Depending on who wins the fight, depends on how it plays out, with one of the Gogeta's proudly claiming their transformation is superior you idiot other Gogeta. Feats beat statements, and this game have feats that argue for both of them because the point is to please fans of bth. They use to do with Vegito vs. Gogeta, I think it was Raging Blast that had two separate missions where you fought one as the other, with a funny cutscene afterward. By the way, the cutscenes were awesome. If Gogeta won, Vegito asks for a rematch but Gogeta can't because his fusion's almost up so Vegito claims to be the victor by default. If Vegito wins, iirc he ends up getting upset by the fact that he's fused together forever while Gogeta can separate and go back to their families and stuff. But to echo everyone else, my point here is that they're non-canon and catering to both because hey, it's non-canon, have the canon you want.

III. There can never be a canon answer to this. GT isn't canon, SSJ4 isn't Toriyama's creation. It's like asking, who would win in a fight, Luffy or Naruto and expecting an answer from Oda to be the definitive truth on the matter. If the Super manga ever adds in SSJ4, it won't be the same as the SSJ4 in GT, it would be Toriyama's version of SSJ4. Much in the same way the Super Broly is not Z Broly. If Toriyama claimed the SSJ Blue was stronger than SSJ4 from GT, I mean, looked I'd agree with him but that's still him assessing his opinion on somebody else's work. It's almost like asking George Lucas if Rey is better at the force than Luke, he's the creator of Star Wars but he wasn't the one who wrote Rey's journey so he doesn't have full authority on this.

LividJay

Meh
Super Saiyan God
Few thoughts . . .

I. Gohan's assessment seems fair to me. For starters, Gohan's not really saying SSJ4>Ultra Instinct because his frame of reference would be Goku as SSJ Blue & Ultra Instinct. Gohan wasn't around for SSJ Blue Gogeta and Ultra Instinct Gogeta can't exist. Fusion Dance power increase is a multiplier right? That's how I remember it, I can believe with the fusion multiplier two SSJ4's might reach heights comparable, it would just mean SSJ Blue Gogeta is that much ahead. But I also didn't watch enough GT to really know how it scales. But basically, I don't take it as Gohan's statement as saying the transformation of SSJ4 is inherently stronger than Blue or Ultra Instinct, that would be dumb. But even so, that would be Gohan's opinion, and Gohan's opinion is that the Great Saiyaman is cool don't take him so seriously fanboys.

II. The game has dramatic finishes for SSJ4 Gogeta vs. SSJ Blue Gogeta. Depending on who wins the fight, depends on how it plays out, with one of the Gogeta's proudly claiming their transformation is superior you idiot other Gogeta. Feats beat statements, and this game have feats that argue for both of them because the point is to please fans of bth. They use to do with Vegito vs. Gogeta, I think it was Raging Blast that had two separate missions where you fought one as the other, with a funny cutscene afterward. By the way, the cutscenes were awesome. If Gogeta won, Vegito asks for a rematch but Gogeta can't because his fusion's almost up so Vegito claims to be the victor by default. If Vegito wins, iirc he ends up getting upset by the fact that he's fused together forever while Gogeta can separate and go back to their families and stuff. But to echo everyone else, my point here is that they're non-canon and catering to both because hey, it's non-canon, have the canon you want.

III. There can never be a canon answer to this. GT isn't canon, SSJ4 isn't Toriyama's creation. It's like asking, who would win in a fight, Luffy or Naruto and expecting an answer from Oda to be the definitive truth on the matter. If the Super manga ever adds in SSJ4, it won't be the same as the SSJ4 in GT, it would be Toriyama's version of SSJ4. Much in the same way the Super Broly is not Z Broly. If Toriyama claimed the SSJ Blue was stronger than SSJ4 from GT, I mean, looked I'd agree with him but that's still him assessing his opinion on somebody else's work. It's almost like asking George Lucas if Rey is better at the force than Luke, he's the creator of Star Wars but he wasn't the one who wrote Rey's journey so he doesn't have full authority on this.
Fucking great response. Well thought out with valid points. I usually don't like to read text walls, but this one was worth it. +5 points to Griffindor.

Yoshi

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan God
I never believed in anything from the video games. I remember some of the character references in Budokai Tenkaichi 3 were BS, for example.

Reactions: Super Kami Guru

mundomania

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan 2
I don't think we can take this as true. Bandai has done this before, where they'll release an op character as dlc such as gt goku, just to sell, and then later nerf them. gt goku was ridiculous when he came out, and he's still pretty good, but not the character he once was. As for him being a stronger character than UI, I have to disagree. UI's first light attack is godlike, which literally makes him s tier without all his other tools.

• Agree
Reactions: Super Kami Guru

Kid Goku

VIdeospiel-Man Website IS Out! Enjoy Chapters 1+2!
Super Saiyan 4
I mean Gt takes place after super (sorta) so it does make sense!
And i mean SSJBlue is pretty boring! I do get why people like Ui tho!

Reactions: Beerus

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
I mean Gt takes place after super (sorta) so it does make sense!
And i mean SSJBlue is pretty boring! I do get why people like Ui tho!
I actually completely forgot this. They are much older in GT... Though what doesn't make sense is the fact that Bulla looks a good 3 or 4 years older than Pan yet they were born really close together.

• :)
  • :shock3:
  • :ssgrin:
  • :stop2:
  • :tasty:
  • :thinking:
  • :what:
  • :yes:
  • :stinky:
  • :9000:
  • :beer:
  • :coke: