Fullmetal Alchemist VS Attack On Titan

Yoshi

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan God
I'm honestly questioning to myself which of these two Manga is better. Both have incredible plot depth and well written characters for Shonen.

I think Fullmetal Alchemist is slightly better, but I actually like Attack On Titan slightly better. What about you guys?

Last edited:

Yoshi

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan God
I was just thinking to myself that Gabi is the only thing that keeps Attack On Titan from being even subjectively better than Fullmetal Alchemist. LOL.

• Funny
Reactions: Punkhead

mundomania

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan 2
I never really got into FMAB tbh. Never read it but watched up to season 2 and got kinda bored, though I've been meaning to watch it as some friends have been raving about it. However, I really love attack on titan. For me, they perfected eren's character, making him so interesting, and I feel like his character arc was so well thought out, I love AOT mostly because of his development. So although I can't give a full comparison, I say AOT, just because the characters are developed so well from their childish states, into the final chapters. True masterpiece imo.

Yoshi

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan God
Jean is the best Attack On Titan character in my opinion. He's just so human and so well developed.

Mustafar Reginald

Elite Saiyan Warrior
It doesn't matter whether it's 03 or Brotherhood, I like Fullmetal Alchemist better and it's not close. To be fair to Attack on Titan, I've only seen the first two seasons of that, maybe the later seasons would change my mind. I have zero expectation that'll be the case though.

mundomania

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan 2
It doesn't matter whether it's 03 or Brotherhood, I like Fullmetal Alchemist better and it's not close. To be fair to Attack on Titan, I've only seen the first two seasons of that, maybe the later seasons would change my mind. I have zero expectation that'll be the case though.
I gave up on FMAB, but I do keep hearing it is pretty good. Should I come back to it?

Yoshi

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan God
When I watched it, though I only got to season 2 or 3, it kind of dragged on a bit. Does it get better in later seasons?
Seasons 4 and 5 are both the high points of the show. Seasons 2 and 3 are indeed slower, but still noticeably better than Season 1.

Reactions: mundomania

India Actual

Super Civil Servant Blue
Super Saiyan Blue
Attack on Titan will definitely fulfill it's role once you follow through to completion. I finished the manga this month like a lot of folks. The anime will perform just as admirably, you just need to give it a chance. ;)

Mustafar Reginald

Elite Saiyan Warrior
I gave up on FMAB, but I do keep hearing it is pretty good. Should I come back to it?

Really depends on how far you got into it. I will note I really don't like the first 13 or so episodes of the series. I was a big fan of the 03 anime, and having the first 25-ish episodes condensed into 12-ish was awful. And it wasn't until episode 19 that I finally got on board with the series, as the episode ends with what is still one of the most bad-ass moments I've ever seen in anime. It sounds like you've gotten to that point (I don't want to spoil on the off chance you haven't but it involved Lust) and if you loved that moment, stuff like that does become more common the further into the series you get. If you haven't, definitely go back to it.

I'm not sure how Brotherhood is broken up into Seasons but I'm assuming it's just by cour, you said Season 2 or 3, which I'm guessing means you've seen up to either episode 26 or 39? Either way if you've seen that much, I'm not sure I would bother tbh. Less so if you've only seen up to 26, since you haven't even met Olivier Mira Armstrong at that point (she's my second favourite character after Roy Mustang). The only real shift in the series at that point is the final act of the series is heavily action-orientated, far more than the rest of the series.

I'd say if you only gave up on Brotherhood because there wasn't enough action then go back to it. Brotherhood is structured to make the climax this lengthy, massive-scaled, series of dramatic pay-offs and action highlights but to accomplish that fights have to be more sparse for the rest of the series. But if that's not the only or main reason you dropped it, meh. I loved it but at 30-ish episodes if the series didn't work for you on some level it might not just be for you.

Kid Goku

Enjoy the new Chapter 3 of Videospiel-Man!
Super Saiyan 4
Really depends on how far you got into it. I will note I really don't like the first 13 or so episodes of the series. I was a big fan of the 03 anime, and having the first 25-ish episodes condensed into 12-ish was awful. And it wasn't until episode 19 that I finally got on board with the series, as the episode ends with what is still one of the most bad-ass moments I've ever seen in anime. It sounds like you've gotten to that point (I don't want to spoil on the off chance you haven't but it involved Lust) and if you loved that moment, stuff like that does become more common the further into the series you get. If you haven't, definitely go back to it.

I'm not sure how Brotherhood is broken up into Seasons but I'm assuming it's just by cour, you said Season 2 or 3, which I'm guessing means you've seen up to either episode 26 or 39? Either way if you've seen that much, I'm not sure I would bother tbh. Less so if you've only seen up to 26, since you haven't even met Olivier Mira Armstrong at that point (she's my second favourite character after Roy Mustang). The only real shift in the series at that point is the final act of the series is heavily action-orientated, far more than the rest of the series.

I'd say if you only gave up on Brotherhood because there wasn't enough action then go back to it. Brotherhood is structured to make the climax this lengthy, massive-scaled, series of dramatic pay-offs and action highlights but to accomplish that fights have to be more sparse for the rest of the series. But if that's not the only or main reason you dropped it, meh. I loved it but at 30-ish episodes if the series didn't work for you on some level it might not just be for you.
Yeah the FMA Anime are bad the first one not only has adiffrent tone and a stupid ending even the highly aclaimed brotherhood is bad i mean the first episode is Filler with far to high satkes that does a bad job of introducing the characters and after that you get the expostion to early, its rushed through or Cut out completly it only gets good after it stops doing its own thing and starts too adapt the almost perfect manga!

• :)
  • :shock3:
  • :ssgrin:
  • :stop2:
  • :tasty:
  • :thinking:
  • :what:
  • :yes:
  • :stinky:
  • :9000:
  • :beer:
  • :coke: