Dragon Ball Super Goku expanding the multiverse?

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
With the introduction to gods, angels and other universes, it would seem Dragon Ball is far from ending. There is a lot going on and a lot that can go on in the future. Given how powerful Goku has become, do you think him leaving earth and exploring other places would make the story better/more interesting?

I won't post any manga spoilers here (I only know the baseline anyway) but the story does play out in a way to make fans question where Dragon Ball Super may be heading. They will need to keep things interesting, introduce more characters, and build up new challenges not only for Goku but for Vegeta and the rest of the Z fighters as well.

Thoughts?

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
Makes sense for them to explore new universes and open things up a bit more, like they did with the multiverse in the first place. Goku's beaten everything in his path, so create new paths in new places. It opens up several seasons worth of possible new content, so yeah, go for it!

Reactions: Beerus

India Actual

Super Civil Servant Blue
Super Saiyan Blue
The next arc is definitely going to involve another universe or the higher gods. There are things in play that will have possible far reaching consequences.

Last edited:

LividJay

Meh
Super Saiyan God
I'm kinda at a point where I hope it ends for good soon. I've been keeping up to date with what's going on with Dragon Ball, despite not having the recent manga update in the US yet. Regardless, it just seems to be getting more and more ridiculous. I know enough to know what India said is true, just not how. Either way...I'm thinking it's time to let this horse die.

India Actual

Super Civil Servant Blue
Super Saiyan Blue
I'm kinda at a point where I hope it ends for good soon. I've been keeping up to date with what's going on with Dragon Ball, despite not having the recent manga update in the US yet. Regardless, it just seems to be getting more and more ridiculous. I know enough to know what India said is true, just not how. Either way...I'm thinking it's time to let this horse die.
To keep things fresh it can't just remain the Goku and Vegeta show. Some of the other characters need to come into play in ways instead of just helping out during climactic battles. Why was the Namek arc in DBZ some of the best story telling? Well, it's because they found a way to remove Goku from most of the action and focused on other characters. If they find a way to nerf him of UI or remove him from the plot for a little while they can focus on building other characters and the lore. Here's hoping they learned their lessons from GT.

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
To keep things fresh it can't just remain the Goku and Vegeta show. Some of the other characters need to come into play in ways instead of just helping out during climactic battles. Why was the Namek arc in DBZ some of the best story telling? Well, it's because they found a way to remove Goku from most of the action and focused on other characters. If they find a way to nerf him of UI or remove him from the plot for a little while they can focus on building other characters and the lore. Here's hoping they learned their lessons from GT.
Heart condition v2.0!

Agreed, though, would be great to see Tien having his Cell moment again, and Yamcha getting killed again.

Mustafar Reginald

Elite Saiyan Warrior
They do need to go to Universe 6 at some point so Cabba can fulfill his promise to Vegeta. Though to be honest, my problem with going to other multiverses is thanks to the Tournament of Power, we already know most of them of those Universes best warriors are no match for Goku. The anime did do a lot to make some of the other universes more powerful than they seemed in the manga (off the top of my head, Jiren & Caulifa were the only non-Universe 7 people who really felt like a tangible threat). I'm sure each Universe has their exceptions of course, 7 did as well since Buu and Moro didn't fight but that kind of dulled my interest in exploring the other multiverses. But I do suppose it's easier to create a new powerful threat out of nowhere from another Universe. Imagine a situation where the

And I definitely would like them giving more to the rest of the cast, I honestly don't have much faith that Super will ever been anything more than the Goku and Vegeta show at the heart of it. Granted, the Moro arc did give more attention to the other Dragon Warriors, Gohan and Piccolo in particular, so maybe that's a sign they're going to start getting more involved.

• :)
  • :shock3:
  • :ssgrin:
  • :stop2:
  • :tasty:
  • :thinking:
  • :what:
  • :yes:
  • :stinky:
  • :9000:
  • :beer: