How strong is Frieza's base form really?

Blockinlick

Ultra Pinkstink
Super Saiyan 2
The consensus seems to be 400,000... but upon calculating for a minimalist power level list, I have to call it into question.

Not only that, but the stronger you make base Frieza, the more absurd Vegeta's power-nap zenkai is.

Is there a concrete reason that 400k is accepted or why not say, a more modest 250k?

That way, the Senzu bean heals Vegeta halfway to 125k, enough for Goku to be surprised and comment on it and the power nap brings him to 250k.

That's far more sensible than a 275k power-nap Zenkai.

Then you have Gohan's 10x Zenkai, and it makes sense, because Recoome beat him within an inch of his life.

That said, it wouldn't make much sense for Vegeta to receive an equally potent Zenkai to 400k. A 5x Zenkai for how badly he was beaten is more appropriate.

Frieza being 250k also means his first tranformation is a 4x and his second a 50% boost.

Then when you consider all of the damage that raging Gohan and Piccolo do and use those multipliers accordingly, it cuts an enormous amount of bloat from a power-level list.

Last edited:

Yoshi

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan God
Probably 251,500 initially, and 530,000 at full power.

Also, Vegeta probably didn't get a zenkai from napping. Jheese's reaction to his new power says otherwise.

Blockinlick

Ultra Pinkstink
Super Saiyan 2
Probably 251,500 initially, and 530,000 at full power.

Also, Vegeta probably didn't get a zenkai from napping. Jheese's reaction to his new power says otherwise.

The fight with Jeice was BEFORE the power nap and after the Senzu bean.

Also, there's plenty of reason to believe Vegeta was suppressing. He knows how to do it by then and who better to do it to than Jeice? After all, Vegeta goes into that fight with absolute confidence and the easy finishing blow he delivered suggests he was toying with him.

Last edited:

Blockinlick

Ultra Pinkstink
Super Saiyan 2
Agree to disagree?

We're not actually disagreeing the way you think.

I agree that he got a Zenkai to 250k from the bean, however, he was still tired and beaten up to some degree. He was literally nodding off. So he wasn't at full power until he napped.

Also, Frieza's power up was in the middle of his fight with Vegeta. He transformed immeditely after the fight ended, cause he never got the upper hand.

Yoshi

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan God
Vegeta was definitely a lot stronger than just 250,000 after the Senzu Bean. He could actually have been as high as 500,000.

Yoshi

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan God
His fight with Third Suppression Form Freeza. There's no reason to believe Freeza wasn't using his full power against Vegeta, especially since he was shown with an aura during their fight (implying you're at full power).

The only time we see Freeza in his Third Suppression Form not at full power is in his fight against Nail.

Blockinlick

Ultra Pinkstink
Super Saiyan 2
His fight with Third Suppression Form Freeza. There's no reason to believe Freeza wasn't using his full power against Vegeta, especially since he was shown with an aura during their fight (implying you're at full power).

The only time we see Freeza in his Third Suppression Form not at full power is in his fight against Nail.

*Deep breaths*

Okay.

Again. What is the purpose of this thread?

It is to re-evaluate Frieza's base power level. To suggest that maybe the theory that he's half as strong has merit.

I mean, what authority figure put base Frieza at 530k? Daizenshuu?

Last I checked, Diaz is not Toriyama.

Last edited:

scoutterSSJ

Saiyan Grunt
The consensus seems to be 400,000... but upon calculating for a minimalist power level list, I have to call it into question.

Not only that, but the stronger you make base Frieza, the more absurd Vegeta's power-nap zenkai is.

Is there a concrete reason that 400k is accepted or why not say, a more modest 250k?

That way, the Senzu bean heals Vegeta halfway to 125k, enough for Goku to be surprised and comment on it and the power nap brings him to 250k.

That's far more sensible than a 275k power-nap Zenkai.

Then you have Gohan's 10x Zenkai, and it makes sense, because Recoome beat him within an inch of his life.

That said, it wouldn't make much sense for Vegeta to receive an equally potent Zenkai to 400k. A 5x Zenkai for how badly he was beaten is more appropriate.

Frieza being 250k also means his first tranformation is a 4x and his second a 50% boost.

Then when you consider all of the damage that raging Gohan and Piccolo do and use those multipliers accordingly, it cuts an enormous amount of bloat from a power-level list.
Freeza's weakest form maximum power is 530.000 as he said. But from the fact that Vegeta was panting and Freeza wasn't, we can agree in that Vegeta was using more strength than Freeza (proportionally speaking of course) so Vegeta's power was below Freeza's 530.000.
How much, it depends on anyone's interpretation of the scene. On one hand Freeza was angry and wanted to punish Vegeta & co, but on the other hand we know Freeza enjoyed slowly torturing his victims and that he only fought with a fraction of his power most of the fight (even against Goku).

But Freeza's 4th form (his final form was his original appearance, in Namek Freeza transformed to lose strength not to gain it) is 530.000. This is something that he confirms with such precision that he had obviously measured himself. On the other hand, the number he gives in his 2nd weakest form (1.000.000+) is already an approximation, meaning that there were no scoutters able to measure that huge.

Regards!

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
As for the OP, I am not one to follow power levels as I know they can be all over the place, especially now (in newer episodes i.e. Super) but I will give this a shot.

To me, Vegeta would have beat base form Frieza easy after his recovery. I would say that he would have a shot at beating his second form as well. Probably not his third and clearly not his forth. Piccolo was able to hold his own against Frieza (after he absorbed Nail) prior to Frieza reaching his final form. This is how I saw it anyways while watching the English version of the anime.

• :)
  • :shock3:
  • :ssgrin:
  • :stop2:
  • :tasty:
  • :thinking:
  • :what:
  • :yes:
  • :stinky:
  • :9000:
  • :beer:
  • :coke: