How would you fix Dragon Ball (any series)?

Mustafar Reginald

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Dragon Ball ~ Have characters besides Goku accomplish stuff and have moments to shine. Cause seriously, Goku does pretty much everything in that series. It's not a big deal because I like him and I *love* the gag at the end of the Red Ribbon Saga where all the supporting cast rush to help Goku only to find that he did everything himself but still, the tournament arcs were the only time anyone besides Goku got some spotlight moment. Z may still rely on Goku to defeat the big bad's an infuriating amount but Vegeta and Gohan help mitigate that a bit, and Z at least makes an effort to give the characters spotlight moment. Tien stalling Cell with the Tri-Beam>>Tien being destroyed by King Piccolo's vomit.

Dragon Ball Z ~ Keep Lunch around, she's great for levity. I wish Gohan had a better stint as main character after Cell, I've more or less accepted Goku returning as main character in the Buu Saga and I do think there's enough merit to the finale of Buu that I wouldn't necessarily want to remove that but I still wish Gohan played a more crucial role in the story. And I fixed the Super Buu fight so it wasn't just each side taking turns dominating.

Dragon Ball GT ~ Didn't watch enough of it to go into detail, maybe make it watchable so I can actually sit through the entire series? The premise of Goku turning back into a kid really put me off, and what I saw of the first Saga always turned me off. Did try to watch the Baby Saga at one point, but I found it to be too much of a slog to sit through, so I didn't even finish that. And this was a kid who'd happily watch repeats of Frieza fighting Goku. I will say a lot of the concepts for GT are excellent, so use those better I guess.

Dragon Ball Super (Anime) ~ Condense the movie recaps arcs considerably. Battle of Gods and Resurrection of F are just about three hours long combined, so why does it take over 13 hours to cover that material? We have the movies, we don't even need the recap arcs period. Battle of Gods in particular is painful, the pacing killed a lot of the impact the movie originally had and Goku's characterization was more interesting in the movie even. I get that they changed things from the movie, and in certain cases built up to the Universe 6 arc in them so I'm not saying omitting them entirely (though that would be my preface) but they stretched them out for way too long. Fix the power-scaling in the Zamasu arc and cut down the repetitiveness of the plot, and I don't want to just say do what the manga did for the Tournament of Power arc, but maybe do more of what the manga did for the Tournament of Power arc. Some of the changes they made were good but add more connective tissue too it and trim some of the fat so it's not such an exhausting slog of episodic battles in the anime. Also, fix the powerscaling.

And I know she's pregnant and had a baby, but please don't domestic Videl so much. She had so much personality to her character when she was first introduced, she was a legit crime-fighter and a determined bad-ass against Spopovich despite being beaten to a bloody pulp. She's lost basically any trace of that character in Super, and is now just a good wife.

Dragon Ball Super (Manga) ~ The anime had a better Universe 6 tournament arc, so I'd say copy from there. If I had to pick one thing though, give Piccolo his moment against Frost, rather than being dealt with like a joke. Add the mystery elements back into the Zamasu arc. The fact the we basically know Black/Zamasu's whole deal by the first time they fight him is really lame compared to the build we got in the anime. Also made Zamasu a stronger character, but everything else keep the same. Show us Kefla vs. Gohan in the ToP arc you cowards. And I know the Moro arc is on-going, but please let Vegeta end up beating him.

Reactions: Beerus
  • :)
  • :shock3:
  • :ssgrin:
  • :stop2:
  • :tasty:
  • :thinking:
  • :what:
  • :yes:
  • :stinky:
  • :9000:
  • :beer: