I cant understand Bandai Namcos Hyper Focus on Z!

Kid Goku

Enjoy the new Chapter 3 of Videospiel-Man!
Super Saiyan 4
DBZ for some reason is the only branch of DB That ever gets Games (That and the Xeno Stuff) While Granted Gt and Super are Repped wouldnt it be neat to just have a Gt, Super or heck a OG DB Game!
Like i could Imagine a Gt DB Fighting Game to be really Unique or a Ction Adventure DB Game ala Zelda but instead we only ever get Z Branded Games! I mean i dont get it I mean A Purely Super Game has to sell Right?
Honestly Bandai is in My opinion Handling The db Licencense Teribbly yeah we get good games but they rather focus on honestly pretty obscure Z Movies and Au Stuff instead of Their 3 other Main shows they Have Acsess to!
I mean i hate DB Minus But why cant we Play as This Bardock:
R.aa43d5c8a3cb77674124c8d362051a2f
but can instead play as this Bardock:
R.7370a1c48bef4fcb51e95d9fffbc3e19

Bandai Namcos DB Treatment almost confuses me as much as Legos buusness descions!

Giga Hertz

The beauty of grace is that it makes life not fair
Super Saiyan God
Length - DBZ is the longest DB property
Coolness factor - if someone wants to run around only throwing punches they have Street Fighter; they want to shoot energy beams
Branding - you're not going to sell as many units if you don't have Goku and Vegeta

but they rather focus on honestly pretty obscure Z Movies and Au Stuff instead of Their 3 other Main shows they Have Acsess to!
I don't understand this point. The two games of this decade (Breakers and Kakarot) are Z-oriented, one of them being a full on RPG that delves not only into the entirety of Z but dipping into Super, History of Trunks, and more stuff coming including Bardock.

The majority of their games from the past decade, while being Z focused are semi-original stories - which people ask for far more often than a retelling of another event.

As someone who is working on an OG Dragon Ball game, I can tell you there really isn't a whole lot there that's generally interesting as a sellable product. There is a lot of padding and map-designs I have to do to even bring the length of the story itself up to something that is worth investing time into.

It's cool to replay stories, but often the content and consumer interest just isn't there.

Kid Goku

Super Saiyan 4
Length - DBZ is the longest DB property
Coolness factor - if someone wants to run around only throwing punches they have Street Fighter; they want to shoot energy beams
Branding - you're not going to sell as many units if you don't have Goku and Vegeta

I don't understand this point. The two games of this decade (Breakers and Kakarot) are Z-oriented, one of them being a full on RPG that delves not only into the entirety of Z but dipping into Super, History of Trunks, and more stuff coming including Bardock.

The majority of their games from the past decade, while being Z focused are semi-original stories - which people ask for far more often than a retelling of another event.

As someone who is working on an OG Dragon Ball game, I can tell you there really isn't a whole lot there that's generally interesting as a sellable product. There is a lot of padding and map-designs I have to do to even bring the length of the story itself up to something that is worth investing time into.

It's cool to replay stories, but often the content and consumer interest just isn't there.
Neither is Z The Freeza Arc for Example has less to offer for a Game Than The Rad Ribbon Arc!

Giga Hertz

The beauty of grace is that it makes life not fair
Super Saiyan God
Neither is Z The Freeza Arc for Example has less to offer for a Game Than The Rad Ribbon Arc!
The RR is probably the longest part of Dragon Ball you could squeeze into a game. Collectively, Dragon Ball is just not wholely as interesting (or consumerly appealing) as the entirety of DBZ.

They've gotta do the thing that generates the most revenue. I'm assuming if games like Origins, Advanced Adventure and Revenge of King Piccolo sold well enough, they would have attempted more of them

Kid Goku

Super Saiyan 4
The RR is probably the longest part of Dragon Ball you could squeeze into a game. Collectively, Dragon Ball is just not wholely as interesting (or consumerly appealing) as the entirety of DBZ.

They've gotta do the thing that generates the most revenue. I'm assuming if games like Origins, Advanced Adventure and Revenge of King Piccolo sold well enough, they would have attempted more of them
From what ive known Origins and Advanced Adventure sold well in Japan and America Respectivly but i guess King Piccolo Flopped (Also WHy TF did they call it that that game has the RR And 22nd Budokai Arc!) Also that still doesnt explain why TF Classic DB Has No Characters in DBZ Fighting Games? Im Sure They Would sell amazingly in Japan and Mexico atleast and to a lesser extent all of Europe!

Also i made this a General BN Complain Thread i think that opens up Disscusion to the Maximum Extent!
Just as an Example of this new direction:
Why arent there any Dragonstars Figures based on Yamcha, Tenshin-Han and Any Kid Goku Heck not even their Z/Super/Gt Versions i know there are SH Figuarts Figures of them but they are friggin Expensive that sthe main Reason why i only have like 2 Figures!

Yoshi

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan God
If you want to play video games focused around DB and DBGT, there are quite a few out there, just not any multiplayer games.

Kid Goku

Super Saiyan 4
If you want to play video games focused around DB and DBGT, there are quite a few out there, just not any multiplayer games.
yeah i have to get them at some point i tried getting revenge of King Piccolo but it didnt Work!
That game even has a pretty substantial Duel Mode with over 15 Characters! I might still play advanced adventure in the future but i already watched a lets play!

• :)
  • :shock3:
  • :ssgrin:
  • :stop2:
  • :tasty:
  • :thinking:
  • :what:
  • :yes:
  • :stinky:
  • :9000:
  • :beer:
  • :coke: