FanFic I'm writing my own Dragon Ball Post-Z Fanfic: Dragon Ball: Terminus

Blockinlick

Ultra Pinkstink
Super Saiyan 2

I know, *Snooze* & *Beats dead horse*

I get that this has been done to death. I also get that 99.99% of fanfic writers really suck at it, especially in the realm of not straying too far from the source material, getting the continuity right, or avoiding plotholes.
(This project was originally called Dragon Ball: Exodus, but it turns out that title was taken)

Not to brag, but I feel like I have a good grasp on those issues and I've watched Z countless times from start to end. I'm all about staying as true to Z as possible.

That out of the way, I have everything mapped out, even some of the second arc AND the finale. I'm doing this purely as a labor of love and to stave off boredom at work.

So far, I've written the first three chapters of my 12-15 planned chapters for the first arc.

Here it is. Let me know if I still managed to get some things wrong.

Dragon Ball: Terminus
Issue One

NAR: Goku visits his family for the first time after a year of training Uub. Krillin has come over to visit. They're eating & drinking when Krillin interjects.

Krillin: You know, Goku, I've been thinking... about the other Trunks? You know, from the other timeline?

Goku: *Chuckles* Oh, I guess I kind of forgot about him! I've just been so busy with training Uub. Now that I think about it, I do wonder how he's doing.

Krillin: Yeah.

But Goku, something doesn't feel right. Like we missed something or forgot something.

Goku: I'm sure he's fine Krillin. After all, he did return to let us know that he defeated his Cell.

Krillin: Maybe. But I just can't shake the feeling.

NAR: The new scene is of adult Future Trunks. He's flying in a spaceship equipped with what looks like a Dragon Radar.

Trunks *Thinking*: It's taken years for mother & I to build a ship capable of intersteller travel. I can finally undo much of what the androids have done to our world.

NAR: A planet comes into his view. A green one.

Ship Console: Aproaching New Namek.

Trunks: I hope they trust me. Getting Dendes help without Gohan wont be easy.

NAR: Trunks' ship lands and the hatch opens.

Trunks: They're likely already alert to my presence. It might be best if-

NAR: Trunks spots three Namekians approaching.

Trunks: Well that didn't take long.

NAR: The Namekians land.

Namekian 1: Who are you and what is your business here?

Trunks: I'm sorry to intrude, but I was hoping to talk to... Dende?

Namekian 2: I have never seen this man before and he's strong. How does he know Dende?

Trunks: Well, see, I'm a friend of Gohans! Or- I was...

Namekian 1: Who is Gohan?

Trunks *Thinking*: That's right, that was a long time ago. Some of them probably don't even know of Gohan.

Trunks *blurts out*: I'm a Saiyan! From Earth! You know, like Goku... and my father, Vegeta!

Namekian 3: VEGETA! The saiyan that destroyed my village and murdered my people!

Trunks: Oh no, please, I don't mean to hurt anyone! I just need help!

Namekian 1: Please, go back from where you came. We will not take you to our capital, or Dende for that matter.

Trunks *Thinking*: This is going to be even harder than I thought. I guess I'll just follow them. I mean, what can they do? Fight me?

NAR: Trunks follows far behind for a few seconds and stops.

Trunks: Wait a minute. This Dende should have almost the same energy as the other. Maybe I can find him that way.

NAR: Trunks concentrates for a minute and locks on.

Trunks: There!

Trunks *Blowing past the three Namekians*: Looks like they WERE heading towards Dende.

NAR: Trunks lands in the center of the city. Namekians begin to crowd around.

Trunks: It's okay, I just need to talk to Dende.

Dende *Walking forward*: You mean, me?! Why?

Trunks: Yes, I'm-

NAR: The three Namekians land

Namekian 3: He says he's the son of the Saiyan, VEGETA!

Trunks: Well, yes, but I'm also a friend of Gohans!

Dende: Son of Vegeta, but friend of Gohan? How could I trust the son of Vegeta? who killed many Namekians!

Trunks: I... don't know. I'm not my father Dende! My mother raised me, not him. Besides, my father wasn't even himself when he died defending Earth

Dende: Vegeta... dead? Defending Earth?

Trunks: That's right, he-

Dende *In a panic*: OH NO. Gohan! Is he okay?!

Trunks: No Dende... he's gone. Murdered by the androids! Just like my father.

Dende *Nearly crying*: ...and Krillin?

Trunks: Yes, Krillin too. Everyone. Even Goku himself succombed to a heart virus.

NAR: The city starts murmering about Goku bring dead.

Trunks: BUT I THINK WE CAN FIX IT, DENDE. With the Dragon Balls!

Dende: No, we can't. Not all of it.

Trunks: ...

Dende: Our Dragon, Porunga, works different than Shenron.

Trunks: How?

Dende: You get three wishes, but he can only restore one life at a time.

Trunks: Oh... Well that's still better than nothing! We can bring Gohan back first, if you like.

NAR: Dende nods.

Trunks: But the second has to be Piccolo and I want the third to be Goku.

Dende: I'm sorry Trunks, but if Goku died of natural cause, Porunga cannot bring him back.

Trunks: That's... not good. I really was looking forward to seeing him again. What about my father, Vegeta? He's changed, I promise. My mother made sure of that.

Dende: Your mother? She must be- wait. Is that a Capsule Corp jacket? You mean, Bulma and Vegeta?

Trunks: You're as surprised as everyone else, Dende.

Dende: Huh. Hey I didn't get your name.

Trunks: Trunks.

Dende: Okay Trunks, I think I can trust you. Let's get our friends back.

NAR: The next scene is them summoning the Dragon.

Dende: Let's get Piccolo back first, Gohan can wait. Then we have to use the second wish to bring him back here!

Dende chants the phrase-

Porunga: The one named Piccolo perished of natural causes and cannot be wished back.

Dende: Oh no, our choices are wearing thin!

Trunks: Kami. He and Piccolo are connected. Kami wasn't much of a fighter. All he could do was keep watch from his lookout. Piccolo must have kept fighting, but Kami didn't make it.

Dende: That's terrible! So we're left with Vegeta and Gohan?

Gohan is always welcome here, but I will not use a wish to bring Vegeta here!

Dende: So he will be wished back to Earth, but he will be confused.

King Kai: I can help with that. Go ahead and make the wish Dende.

Dende chants the phrase and Vegeta is wished back to Earth.

Vegeta: But how? Was I wished back? But by who? Why?

King Kai: Vegeta... it's King Kai.

Vegeta: King Kai? You mean that fat little Kai who cracks bad jokes?

King Kai: How rude! I've been keeping watch over Trunks since you've been gone. It was Trunks that wished you back after traveling ALL the way to New Namek!

Vegeta: Trunks? Wished ME back?

King Kai: Yes, but you weren't his first choice. But it's been years Vegeta and a lot has changed. So I'll fill you in.

NAR: Meanwhile, back on New Namek

Dende: Okay, so Gohan next!

NAR: Trunks nods.

Dende chants the phrases and Gohan is wished back to New Namek.

Gohan: WOAH! I'm alive... and Dende and Trunks? You found New Namek! Good job!

Trunks: I'm so glad you're back, Gohan, but we couldn't bring Piccolo back. So what about everyone else? EveryTHING else? Goku? The Earths Dragon Balls?

Elder Namek: I think I have a solution. We owe it to Earths heroes for salvaging our world, allow us to salvage yours.

There's something you should know, Dende. Like me, you are descended from the Dragon family. The ones who can create Dragon Balls.

Go with Gohan and Trunks and repay our debt to Earths heroes.

NAR: So Dende went to Earth, created the Dragons Balls & Rebirthed Shenron, and Trunks began to wait out a whole year to begin looking for the Dragon Balls.

But Krillin was right. Something long forgotten was about rock his world again!

Issue Two

NAR: A spaceship approaches Future Trunks' Earth. Is it Frieza Force? No, it looks a bit different.

Pui Pui: Master Babidi, we have reached planet Earth.

Babidi: Ooooh, I'm SO EXCITED to get started! It's only a matter of time before the universe once again knows the power of Majin Buu!

NAR: The spaceship draws closer.

Spaceship Console: Scanning lifeforms, energy levels, and climate.

-Climate is stable...
-Planet is mostly devoid of life...
-Detected many kilis of energy, most of which is concentrated.

Babidi: Good, Good!
Let's find a good remote area to bury the ship. We don't want to be found just yet.

Ship Console: Entering subterranean mode

NAR: Babidi's ship lands and buries itself.

Babidi: We need a few good henchmen, Pui Pui.

Pui Pui: If it means not getting my hands dirty, although I'm rather eager for a good fight, master.

Babidi: You'll get your fight in due time.

NAR: Pui Pui flies off to do some recon. After hours of searching for life, Pui Pui returns.

Pui Pui: Master Babidi!

Babidi: YOUR HENCHMEN BETTER BE INVISIBLE PUI PUI!

Pui Pui: But master! There seems to be no signs of life anywhere!

Babidi: You mean to tell me that you've been out for seven hours and have found no sign of life?

Pui Pui: The ship did say the planet was mostly devoid of life, master. Everything is destroyed, as if everything was just blown up!

Babidi: How could it be devoid of life and give off kilis of energy?! Could those kilis be Buu's? That can't be. Fathers notes say that Buu's containment completely suppresses his power.

There's got to be life somewhere, Pui Pui. We're going back out there and we're not stopping until we find it.

NAR: They eventually happen onto a city that appears to be rebuilt.

Babidi: Finally. After three days. Pui Pui, head back to the ship and relocate it!

NAR: Pui Pui flies off.

Babidi: I'm going to take a look around.

NAR: Babidi dones a hood and wanders around town, occaisionally questioning earthlings.

He finds out some things about the androids and Trunks.

He settles for what he's learned and takes up residence in nearby cliffs.

Babidi: Where is Pui Pui with the ship?

NAR: He tries to get comfortable. Hours later, Pui Pui arrives.

Pui Pui: The ship is buried in the sand nearby.

Babidi: What took you so long!?

Pui Pui: It wasn't far, but we didn't exactly make it easy to find, master.

Babidi: Well, get me my Power Meter.

NAR: Babidi waits patiently for Trunks to show up.

Babidi: It's been three weeks, Dabura.

NAR: Dabura walks out of the shadow.

Babidi: I'm beginning to think this Trunks is a myth.

Dabura: Most heroes are, master.

Babidi: Well if he doesn't show up soon, we'll need to load up Buu and find another planet.

NAR: The Power Meter on the table flickers. Dabura notices and hands it to Babidi.

Dabura: Master. A power nears.

Babidi: Well it's about time! Let's see.

NAR: His eyes widen.

Babidi: Twelve hundred kilis! And growing!

Dabura: IMPOSSIBLE.

Babidi: Now... two THOUSAND kilis Dabura! That would go a long way to reviving Buu!

Pui Pui is going to be so disappointed. He isn't fighting this one!

Dabura: Indeed. If his power is really over 2,000 kilis, Pui Pui doesn't stand a chance. But I will make short work of him.

But even then, there doesn't seem to be enough life on this planet to finish the job.

Babidi: I recalled hearing an interesting rumor during my time in the city. They say that Trunks travelled back in time and returned stronger to defeat those androids.

Ship. Check the time signatures for any divergences.

Ship Console: Checking time signatures.

There was a divergence aproximately seven years prior. The time signature for that divergence is *Jumble of letters & numbers*

Babidi: Who needs Trunks?! We're going to the timeline where there's more than enough energy to resurrect Buu!

Dabura: What about Buu? Are we moving him?

Babidi: We can store energy and deliver it to this timeline. With fighters as strong as Trunks, we should know what we're up against first.

Dabura: A wise decision, master.

NAR: The other timeline is about to have a serious case of deja Buu. But how does Babidi plan on draining energy from the fighters this time?

Issue Three

NAR: Goku and Krillin are hanging out at Master Roshi's Kame House.

*Goku retracts a kamehameha*

Goku: Krillin, did you feel that?

Krillin: Yeah, a familiar energy.

Goku: Dark energy too. I can't quite put my finger on where I've sensed this energy before.

Krillin gets flashbacks of being spit on by Dabura.

Krillin: Goku... You're not gonna believe this. I remember that energy. It's Dabura.

Goku: You're right! But how?

Krillin: I don't know Goku, but I doubt he's here to smell the roses.

NAR: Piccolo, who is nearby Babidi, senses it as well.

Piccolo: DABURA! That's Dabura. But how?!

NAR: Piccolo flies off with a burst.

NAR: Meanwhile outside of Babidi's ship. Babidi is observing the Power Meter.

Babidi: So many strong fighters, where to even start?

Piccolo: How about with ME Babidi?!

Babidi: Well, that's interesting, he knows who I am.
Ohhhh, that's how! Fascinating. I wonder where I am in this timeline.

Piccolo: Timeline...? You mean, you're from another time?!

Babidi: Tsk tsk, now tell me, where is the Babidi of this timeline, do you know?

Piccolo: HE'S DEAD, just like you will be!

Babidi *In anger and disbelief*: How?!

Piccolo: He tried to resurrect Majin Buu and paid dearly for it!

He failed and you will as well!

Dabura: If master was killed, then I failed. What of my fate?

Piccolo: I'm not here for conversation, I came to FIGHT!

Dabura: If you insist.

Babidi: Dabura, something just occured to me and I need to plan for it. Get in the ship.

Dabura: Master, I can take care of this fighter in no time at all.

Babidi: We don't have time! Get in the ship NOW Dabura! And please suppress your energy. We don't want to be followed.

Dabura: Yes.

NAR: Babidi's ship flies off.

Dabura: What is the plan, master Babidi?

Babidi: It occured to me that if these fighters have encountered me before, then they might know how the ships energy absorption works.

We need a new plan, Dabura.

NAR: Goku and Krillin catch up to Piccolo.

Piccolo: You're too late Goku, Babidi and Dabura already got away.

Goku: Babidi too?

Piccolo: I think they're from-

Krillin: TRUNKS' TIMELINE!

The thing we forgot about Goku, it was Buu. He's still in Trunks' timeline, waiting to be released.

Goku: Oh man, another evil Buu?

Piccolo: Let's not worry too much. Buu was released because of you and Vegeta fighting while connected to Babidi's spaceship.

Krillin: Right! So all we have to do is fight OUTSIDE the spaceship! Right Goku?

Goku: Yeah, makes sense to me.

Piccolo: We need to search for them!

Krillin: Wow, it's like Gero's lab all over again.

NAR: The Z fighters gather and disperse in search of Babidi and Dabura. But what surprise does Babidi have in store for them?

Last edited:
Reactions: India Actual

India Actual

Super Civil Servant Blue
Super Saiyan Blue
24 hours later
0 comments

Hint taken.

Guess I'll just fuck right off then.
I've read it and it's a fresh take on the classic characters. Try not to take it personally. I've had a narrative style saga fanfic published for close to a year and very few people have read it no matter where it's posted. Younger people don't have the attention span to sit down and read. Adults are generally too busy to sit down and read. You should still take pride in your work and soldier on with your endeavors.

Reactions: Blockinlick

Blockinlick

Ultra Pinkstink
Super Saiyan 2
I've read it and it's a fresh take on the classic characters. Try not to take it personally. I've had a narrative style saga fanfic published for close to a year and very few people have read it no matter where it's posted. Younger people don't have the attention span to sit down and read. Adults are generally too busy to sit down and read. You should still take pride in your work and soldier on with your endeavors.

Thank you.

I just find negative feedback more valuable than no feedback. If people don't like it, I'd appreciate a comment at least and an explanation at most. Not just... silence. That just feels like being snubbed.

At least 20 people read the thread and not a single one of them had anything to say about it? Tell me how that's not a collective snub.

Again, I'd rather get a "This is bad and here's why" than silence.

I posted this on Neoseeker as well and someone there pointed out a continuity issue early on. So I had to go back and rewrite a decent portion of it. I was glad they pointed it out, though. I don't want continuity issues. I don't want people to read my pieces and go "That doesn't make any damn sense". I don't want readers to feel like I felt when I watched Trunks in Dragon Ball Super fight toe-to-toe with a Zamasu (Twice) that is supposed to be 1,000 times stronger than him for no other reason but "Plot Armor". I hated that so much that it completely ruined Super for me.

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
View count doesn't equal member count. A lot of views on threads come from guests, people not even signed up to the forum. Unless they sign up, they can't comment.

India Actual

Super Civil Servant Blue
Super Saiyan Blue
Thank you.

I just find negative feedback more valuable than no feedback. If people don't like it, I'd appreciate a comment at least and an explanation at most. Not just... silence. That just feels like being snubbed.

At least 20 people read the thread and not a single one of them had anything to say about it? Tell me how that's not a collective snub.

Again, I'd rather get a "This is bad and here's why" than silence.

I posted this on Neoseeker as well and someone there pointed out a continuity issue early on. So I had to go back and rewrite a decent portion of it. I was glad they pointed it out, though. I don't want continuity issues. I don't want people to read my pieces and go "That doesn't make any damn sense". I don't want readers to feel like I felt when I watched Trunks in Dragon Ball Super fight toe-to-toe with a Zamasu (Twice) that is supposed to be 1,000 times stronger than him for no other reason but "Plot Armor". I hated that so much that it completely ruined Super for me.
Want to know how much feedback I’ve gotten on my story? My best friend IRL read 1 chapter of the current 8. Nothing else. So I would advise for your own creativity to not use feedback or view count as a metric of success.

While as content creators we do what we do for the enjoyment of a prospective audience. I wouldn’t get bummed about it because everything takes time and self promotion is key. Keep it up.

Reactions: Beerus

Blockinlick

Ultra Pinkstink
Super Saiyan 2

Issue 4

NAR: The scene is of Future Trubks and Dende staring at the seven Dragon Balls.

Trunks: The day of reprisal is at hand.

NAR: Dende nods.

There is a look of shock on Trunks' face.

The scene cuts off.

In the next scene, the Z Fighters are frantically searching for Babidi and Dabura.

Vegeta: I don't see what the problem is here. I could defeat Buu. Why don't we just save the effort, wait for Buu to hatch, I'll destroy him and we'll call it day?

Piccolo: And watch him turn you into candy? Not a chance.

Vegeta: Hmph!

Krillin: Imagine a Vegeta flavored candy bar. Blech.

Vegeta: Heh, big talkers for such weaklings. Tell you what, little man, you can fight that moron I fought in Babidi's ship.

I want Dabura and Buu, though.

Krillin: You can have that guy. I'd rather not be a statue again.

NAR: Far away, Future Trunks' time machine appears.

NAR: Back at Babidi's ship

Babidi: Dabura, you can stop suppressing your energy. They'll come to us like a flytrap.

Dabura: Indeed.

A few moments later, Future Trunks appears, accompanied by Future Gohan and an unexpected person.

Supreme Kai: Babidi, I've been following you. I will not allow you to resurrect Majin Buu.

And I see you've managed to ensnare even the king of demons, Dabura!

Babidi *Scowling*: Supreme Kai. Unexpected. I will enjoy watching Dabura crush you.

Dabura: I'll make this quick.

Trunks: You're going to have to fight me first.

Dabura: No matter.

Babidi: Looks like no fun for Pui Pui.

NAR: An intense wind picks up.

Dabura throws a fast punch. Trunks tries to block it, but fails. He's sent hurling into the dirt.

Trunks wipes his mouth and spits.

Trunks: Alright then.

Trunks turns Super Saiyan and narrowly dodges a kick by Dabura.

Trunks flies up, but Dabura catches him with a kick from even higher.

Trunks: Not bad.

Trunks flies at Dabura with a flurry of punches, but can't seem to land any.

Dabura blasts him with a large Ki blast.

Trunks: This is harder than I thought.

Gohan: Let me have a try, Trunks!

Trunks: Okay Gohan, but he's pretty strong.

Gohan: I know. That's why I want to fight him.

Gohan takes a brutal surprise punch to the face and is hurled into the ground.

Gohan: Ugh, Trunks wasn't kidding.

He readies his guard.

He blocks a punch by Dabura and it almost holds, but he gives way and is sent flying.

Gohan: Got any ideas, Trunks?

Future Vegeta from far away: Stop toying around Trunks and transform!

Trunks: I haven't even gotten used to that power yet.

Here goes.

There's a loud boom as Trunks howls and becomes Super Saiyan 2.

Dabura tries to sneak a kick from behind. Trunks dodges and counters with a swift gut punch.

Dabura reels, backs up, and growls.

Trunks thinking: I can't maintain this power for very long.

Piccolo: TRUNKS! BACK DOWN!

Dabura rushes at Trunks and lands a punch. Trunks merely flinches. He grabs Dabura by the leg and flings him into the dirt.

Dabura is scowling.

Piccolo: Trunks! You have to stop!

This is exactly what Babidi wants!

Supreme Kai: What do you mean? You mean you have encountered him before?!

Piccolo: Yes, and Buu as well.

Supreme Kai: You mean Majin Buu is already destroying this world?!

Piccolo: No. He was defeated by Goku.

Supreme Kai: Buu... defeated? Who is-

Piccolo: I know you have questions Supreme Kai, but we have more pressing matters.

Babidib WANTS us to fight here! I don't know what his plan is this time, but he knows that we know how Buu is resurrected.

He lured us all to this spot for a reason.

Dabura: Enough idle chatting!

Dabura lunges at Piccolo, but Trunks intercepts.

Dabura retreats.

Gotenks: I'll take care of this devil guy!

Piccolo: Dammit Gotenks!

Gotenks drop-kicks Dabura and he goes flying and into the ground.

Gotenks laughs and cracks his knuckles.

Future Trunks and Gohan are shocked and in disbelief.

Dabura is badly beaten now.

Dabura: This is absurd. Where did all of these strong fighters come from?

Seeing Dabura's shape, Babidi begins to retreat like a coward.

Gotenks: If we just take them down quickly, we don't have to worry about Buu!

Babidi looks at a meter in his pocket that reads 90%.

His eyes widen and he grins.

Babidi: It's time we made it back Dabura! PUI PUI!

Dabura squints and nods.

The ship below unearths itself. Babidi & Dabura jump on and it blips away.

NAR: It looks like Babidi has managed to find a different way to siphon enough power to nearly awaken Buu. But with Earths forces as strong as they are now, even Buu's defeat seems inevitable.

• :)
  • :shock3:
  • :ssgrin:
  • :stop2:
  • :tasty:
  • :thinking:
  • :what:
  • :yes:
  • :stinky:
  • :9000:
  • :beer:
  • :coke: