Is namekian power endless?

mundomania

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan 2
In the namek saga we discovered that namekians can absorb each other to gain more and more power. We see this happen on namek, on heart, both times with piccolo, and then at the ToP. Each time it was used to give a huge boost in power. So theoretically, if we had an infinite number of namekians, could one absorb the rest and achieve unprecedented power, surpassing even angels, or is there some limit?

LividJay

Meh
Super Saiyan God
It's difficult to say with Dragon Ball's continuity. Originally, Kami was God and Piccolo was the Devil, or the Demon King. Then they turned out to be aliens from another planet. But then they seemed to be seen as demi-gods (all Nameks, or at least those who became guardians of planets). Nameks themselves don't seem to be all that powerful, with exception to a select few.

And the sync with Nail I think is much different than fusing with Kami, as Kami and Piccolo used to be one being before they cast the evil side out, creating Piccolo.

mundomania

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan 2
Theoretically, yes, but I think Piccolo and Nail were the strongest, so the amount gained would reduce each time until eventually the gain was negligible, so there would be a limit to how far they could go absorbing.
This kind of links into another question I have about the dragon balls. When kami first made them they only granted one wish, but when dende made them they were able to grant 3 wishes, seemingly because dende's powers were stronger. If so, then if our theoretical super namekian, who had also absorbed someone with dende's power, made a set of dragon balls, would these be incredibly powerful?

LividJay

Meh
Super Saiyan God
This kind of links into another question I have about the dragon balls. When kami first made them they only granted one wish, but when dende made them they were able to grant 3 wishes, seemingly because dende's powers were stronger. If so, then if our theoretical super namekian, who had also absorbed someone with dende's power, made a set of dragon balls, would these be incredibly powerful?
Not really answering your question, but if I recall correctly, while Dende was able to change them to give 3 wishes...each wish was less powerful. For example, Dende's dragon balls could only revive one person from the dead at a time.

mundomania

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan 2
Not really answering your question, but if I recall correctly, while Dende was able to change them to give 3 wishes...each wish was less powerful. For example, Dende's dragon balls could only revive one person from the dead at a time.
RIght, that would make sense then. So power of an individual does not change the power of the dragon balls then?

LividJay

Meh
Super Saiyan God
RIght, that would make sense then. So power of an individual does not change the power of the dragon balls then?
I think it does. I don't think Dende was anywhere near as powerful as Kami, let alone Kami before he and Piccolo split. It's just that Kami's dragon balls, with one wish, were much more powerful. Now, this could be my memory going bad. During the Boo saga, they had to rely on Parunga on Namek to restore the Earth and the Earthlings. Guru created Parunga and was quite strong, if I recall.

India Actual

Super Civil Servant Blue
Super Saiyan Blue
So Shenron got upgraded to three wishes but if one of the wishes is to resurrect a group of people this seems to tax his power and you get only two total wishes. There's been some slight discrepancy on what the various dragons can and cannot do between the manga and anime, but Porunga was definitely the stronger of the two. Only the dragon of the Super Dragon Balls is without limitation.

mundomania

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan 2
So Shenron got upgraded to three wishes but if one of the wishes is to resurrect a group of people this seems to tax his power and you get only two total wishes. There's been some slight discrepancy on what the various dragons can and cannot do between the manga and anime, but Porunga was definitely the stronger of the two. Only the dragon of the Super Dragon Balls is without limitation.
So back to my original question, if this limitless namekian existed and created dragon balls, theoretically they would be as powerful as the super dragon balls? My understanding of the super dragon ball lore is pretty rusty.

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
So back to my original question, if this limitless namekian existed and created dragon balls, theoretically they would be as powerful as the super dragon balls? My understanding of the super dragon ball lore is pretty rusty.
Theoretically if a limitless Namekian existed then it would have to be at least as strong as Purunga, but who knows if it would ever match up to the dragon of the Super Dragon Balls.

India Actual

Super Civil Servant Blue
Super Saiyan Blue
To be fair, no one really knows much about the Super Dragon Balls. All we know if what Zuno said in Super. The lore is pretty thin right now and I hope they fill in the gaps for us.

Reactions: mundomania

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
Their reproduction is tied down to one Namekian, correct? (in the case of Namek it was Kami Guru)

So if say, Piccolo only relied on absorption as a means to get stronger, he would eventually run out of Nameks to absorb. Not to mention a majority of them are not very strong so it wouldn't make a huge difference in power scaling. He'd be like Cell going around absorbing humans. It would take hundreds to notice a difference.

mundomania

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan 2
Their reproduction is tied down to one Namekian, correct? (in the case of Namek it was Kami Guru)

So if say, Piccolo only relied on absorption as a means to get stronger, he would eventually run out of Nameks to absorb. Not to mention a majority of them are not very strong so it wouldn't make a huge difference in power scaling. He'd be like Cell going around absorbing humans. It would take hundreds to notice a difference.
Yeah, I think ultimately the power gain would become negligable.

Reactions: Beerus

India Actual

Super Civil Servant Blue
Super Saiyan Blue

To your point, remember in the ToP with the Universe 6 Namekians fighting Piccolo and Gohan? They revealed the fact that they absorbed dozens if not hundreds of their kin to get as strong as they were for the tournament. So you're right that it would take an exorbitant amount of Namekian fusions since as a whole their warriors are only a small portion of the society.

• :)
  • :shock3:
  • :ssgrin:
  • :stop2:
  • :tasty:
  • :thinking:
  • :what:
  • :yes:
  • :stinky:
  • :9000:
  • :beer:
  • :coke: