General Politics Thread

Giga Hertz

The beauty of grace is that it makes life not fair
Super Saiyan God
Son of a bitch.gif

India Actual

Super Civil Servant Blue
Super Saiyan Blue
I can see the concerns and criticism of your military spending... but on the other hand, after seeing what Russia and China have been doing this year...
:mai:
I think our military spending is fine. It just needs to be more focused on what we NEED and not what the various branches WANT. We need to make big strides in hyper-sonic weaponry because we're behind both Russia and China in that regard.

The Army just spent around 40 million dollars to replace the M4A1 and M249 with the XM5 and XM250 respectively. This includes the XM157 optic made by Vortex. We're going to transition to 6.8 x51mm ammo which breaks away from ALL our NATO allies because we're concerned about Chinese and Russian body armor. I agree with the weapons, but not so much the round they fire. I think it's going to create logistical nightmares for the foreseeable future and goes WAY beyond what we actually NEED.

Russia is about dick in the dirt poor and we see that in effect with the war in Ukraine. China is still at least a decade behind us in terms of small arms and I would say even more in terms of infantry tactics. I get what the Army wants is to be able to out-range the enemy, but the new 6.8 round has A LOT of ass behind it and is effective out to 800 meters. Whereas 5.56, 5.45, and the Chinese 5.8 are good to 400-500 meters depending on training.

I will say that the Marine Corps will be the most effective since they're the most qualified marksman out of an entire force since they qualify in boot camp out to 500 meters. If we start trading blows with China in the Pacific and the Marines start doing their thing then with the new XM5 they'll be plugging a lot of PRC before they even know what hit him. Battle of Belleau wood all over again. ;)

Giga Hertz

The beauty of grace is that it makes life not fair
Super Saiyan God
I will say that the Marine Corps will be the most effective since they're the most qualified marksman out of an entire force since they qualify in boot camp out to 500 meters. If we start trading blows with China in the Pacific and the Marines start doing their thing then with the new XM5 they'll be plugging a lot of PRC before they even know what hit him. Battle of Belleau wood all over again. ;)
But can they 360 noscope?

• Funny
Reactions: Beerus

India Actual

Super Civil Servant Blue
Super Saiyan Blue
I love how he's all like "Oh, f it" and just outright rolls with it.
Since that was the war I was involved in I honestly can't help but laugh. Not the monster some make him out to be, BUT he made a bone headed move on the level of Woodrow Wilson that shaped the instability of the region for the next 100 years.

Reactions: Giga Hertz

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
fgbfd.png

Bush took a lot of drugs in college and it shows. At least he seemed human at times.

My biggest issue with Bush was that he was basically Clinton 2.0 in that he did exactly what Clinton would have done in the same situation. He was not a "republican" or a "conservative". He was not much different from Clinton at the time. If we compare Bush to Clinton, they are very similar in their ideas and policies - even now.

Obama was in a similar line with Bush during his first term, same with Clinton. In his second term, he pulled to the left and was the most left-leaning president we ever had (at least in recent years). People acted like Bush was the most right-leaning (called him Hitler), and even Trump (also called him Hitler) when in reality, they were both very much in the middle leaning left. They were comparable to early/mid-90s New York democrats.

The line was blurred during the wars that followed 9/11, so much so that people didn't even realize how the politics and the government shifted. It started with Bill Clinton, not Bush. The war was convenient for them though, wasn't it? I could be overlooking things as I was just a child when this all happened but looking back at everything... It just seems so planned. They never let a good tragedy go to waste, do they?

Bush isn't a monster but he was far from a good president. He was just another brick in the wall to their plans. They don't want anyone being the president who will derail their plans. That is why I have said for years, "two wings, same bird". Trump was a lot of things but he wasn't in their clubhouse and you can see how badly everyone treated him but that is usually typical for the left to overreact to any president on the right. They called Bush Hitler, they called his father Hitler. This stuff has been going on since probably the '70s. Again, because of this people overlook so much.

I think the "downfall" of America started decades ago. Some will say the Federal Reserve marked the beginning of the downfall in 1913. I don't think that was what started it. I think the downfall started when they shot JFK for simply wanting to be an honest president. The man was a whore but he at least wanted to be honest. When we look back at the '60s, we will notice other changes that helped shape and create a lot of the problems we are facing right now in America. Just looking back at a lot of the policies and such put in place from 1963 until now - You can almost tell someone was aiming to control and destroy America from within.

That was a bit long lol

TLDR: Bush wasn't a terrible guy, just a puppet, and everything went to shit after JFK died but people only started noticing in large numbers after 9/11.

• Agree
Reactions: India Actual
  • :)
  • :shock3:
  • :ssgrin:
  • :stop2:
  • :tasty:
  • :thinking:
  • :what:
  • :yes:
  • :stinky:
  • :9000: