General Politics Thread

Giga Hertz

The beauty of grace is that it makes life not fair
Super Saiyan God
At this point all they have to do is keep their mouths shut and point to the cascading failures to completely sweep the mid-terms in 2022. While I'm not personally Republican and I'm more of a right-leaning Libertarian, I recognize that there's really no other option. I just hope in the near future they get some R's in there with balls to remain true conservatives for individual liberty and spike that god damn football AFTER they cross the goal line.
That's why I laugh when they accuse Republicans - and Trump - of being fascist/authoritarian dictators and turning it into Handmaid's Tale. They had two whole years to go Nazi Germany on everyone and they didn't even do anything "radical" like ban abortion.

• Agree
Reactions: Beerus

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
If you have selfish, ignorant citizens you are going to have selfish, ignorant leaders.

Cell

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan
Alright, I'll stop at page 7 and respond to this thread...
I'm starting to really despise Mike Pence.
I felt the same thing when he voted on the 2020 election. He cowered into his little corner and worked with the democrats at the 11th hour. I HOPE he does not fucking run. If he does, I'm NOT voting for him. If you asked me before his last minute actions? I would, because the guy seemed like he has some kind of spine. Then I read how Trump didn't like Pence. That sealed it for me.

Fuck that shit.
Back during Obama's stint, I wanted him to win the election. I had come from a heavily republican family that shoved religion down my throat for many years. In my mind I thought, let's give it a try. Indeed, some good things came out of Obama's presidency, IMHO. While, I didn't always agree with his approach, it wasn't all bad. However, I was not happy with his bias against white Americans. In my mind, there is no doubt that he caused the greatest racial divide in this country that we've seen in a lonnnng time. So, sitting where I sit. Knowing what I know. Seeing Hilarious Clinton trying to become President...I was happy for Donald Trump to beat her. It made those far-left liberals shed tears and lose their minds.
I was like you. I voted for Obama, I thought he was smart, articulate, and he has made some mistakes, but not everything was his fault. He inherited at least 2 wars that we were embroiled in. One was orchestrated from Bush, one from Clinton. I didn't like either, especially Bush, who was going to put my cousin back into iraq.

I thought it would've changed the discrimination towards minority groups like black folks (i know there's a large population of blacks in U.S. but the government was discriminating against them, especially in the police force). But it did nothing of the sort. And put in polices that would eventually hurt the working man or the business man (which I was both in 2009).
However, there is no doubt in my mind that Donald Trump is, as he would put it, a "tremendous" egotistical moron. Everything he did was in self-interest and in support of his own ego and agenda. If he were smart, he would not have gone down the path he did. He would have listened to what is going on around him and toned it down in order to keep support so he could get the votes ensuring another 4 years to push his policies. But that didn't happen and here we see him completely defeated, claiming he won, but, so far presented no proof. We have a recorded conversation of him contacting Georgia government officials, basically begging to find more votes. I've listened to it. It's pathetic.
He has these narcissistic ideas, yes, but he is the best president we've had in 10 years starting from 2016. He has flaws, but he learned to put it aside, and move on from it. People get mad over his Twitter posts, but all of it is marketing.

This is why I don't take Trump's rethortic personally. Biden's rethortic is different. He is corrupted.
Is Joe Biden the ideal president of the USA? I don't think so. But I think he may bring us to a more toned down, central approach. If anyone believes that this country should be run left or right...I'd say they need their head examined. The country can never be stronger than when we are all united. The country can never be stronger than when we can put our differences aside and work together. I've seen so many conspiracy theories, even on this forum, and I just can't believe people can be so stupid.

There is a middle ground that should be reached before we try to go push one side too far. Let's get there and then see what else we can do to improve. Keep in mind, Americans at each other's throats is what our enemies want. If we can't get come together in order to prevent that, then we probably deserve to be taken over.
This kind of thinking has already aged.
I don't blame you for still focusing on politics. I was a hardcore liberal in 2012 and 2013, then I got sick of politics and shut it out of my life completely. I only paid attention to it during the 2016 election where the wicked witch of the west, Hillary Clinton might become president and World War 3 was a real possibility. I stopped paying attention to it again until 2020 with Coronavirus wrecking havoc on this country's economy. It's only January in 2021 and there seems to be even more bullshit than last year. As of now I'm paying attention to it more than I should as well.

I think even the left hates Biden. They rioted late last night about how this country will not get any better under Biden. It's pretty sad whenever the government and the media thinks they can gaslight us all with Biden like they did with Obama.
This has also aged. The left doesn't hate Biden. They are COVERING for him, ESPECIALLY the MSM.
He is using the "cultural differences" excuse. No culture in 2021 sould be okay with raping and castrating women or using other humans for organ harvesting. Not to mention what they do to foreigners and reporters. We have loads of Chinese immigrants in Ohio. None of them are okay with it. That is a communist issue, not a Chinese issue. Stupid Pooh Bear needs to get shot.
I recommend watch serpentza's and laowhy86's channel to be updated on all this, but good to see someone else disgusted by China's crap...

Another Tim Pool watcher, I see. :) I like this rant the most...

One will be yelling things in Russian and the other one will be wondering where he parked his car. Man... South Park... MAKE THIS HAPPEN!!
As much as I don't like Russia for the same thing we don't like China today. I don't think it will be a shouting match as you think it is. Putin IS smarter than Biden and most of the Democrats. Watch any one of his interviews, you'll realize just how smart he is.

Last edited:
Reactions: Beerus and Yoshi

Cell

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan
There is a lot to unpack in this thread. I am shocked you made it halfway. LOL

Welcome to the forum! :hiya:
Yeah, well I was bored. Was on FP, and wandered around. I was a lurker. I've seen the site since the very beginning. Yup, hell... I even responded to your old xenForo thread. :)

(I don't remember the site, TBH.)

I'm just using a DBZ-centric name.

But thanks for the warm welcome!

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
Yeah, well I was bored. Was on FP, and wandered around. I was a lurker. I've seen the site since the very beginning. Yup, hell... I even responded to your old xenForo thread. :)

I'm just using a DBZ-centric name.

But thanks for the warm welcome!
Even if you aren't a big Dragon Ball fan, plenty of other sections to enjoy. I'm sure you will fit in with us loons just fine.

...Assuming you don't hate cats.

:b12:

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
I am a Dragon Ball fan. :p
Donald Trump Thumbs Up GIF by UFC

Reactions: Cell

Radical Centrist

Saiyan Grunt
I don't think Pence will run, at least not against Trump. His rhetoric since Jan 6 has been more friendly than someone like Chris Christie. At this point it's Trump's nomination to lose.

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
I don't think Pence will run, at least not against Trump. His rhetoric since Jan 6 has been more friendly than someone like Chris Christie. At this point it's Trump's nomination to lose.
I think Pence just wants to live on the money he made and be done with politics. Some people think Trump and DeSantis are going to run together.

• :)
  • :shock3:
  • :ssgrin:
  • :stop2:
  • :tasty:
  • :thinking:
  • :what:
  • :yes:
  • :stinky:
  • :9000:
  • :beer:
  • :coke: