Dragon Ball Z Let's address Vegeta's height

Tekkin

Saiyan Warrior
Those of you keeping up with Dragon Ball Super likely noticed something different about Vegeta. Other than him becoming more "wholesome" in terms of being a family man and a dedicated husband, he somehow grew. Compared to Bulma, he seemed to be a good 3 to 6 inches shorter. His height did grow a bit during the later sagas in DBZ but he was still shorter.

Now he is taller than Bulma so either he grew or Bulma shrank. I am a short guy myself so that was part of his charm for me. I mean Krillin is much shorter than Android 18 so I don't see why they had to change his height here.

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
Maybe they just overlooked it? Some shots of him and Bulma in DBZ seem to show them as being closer in height than during their time on Namek.

dragon-ball-z-height-chart.png

That is a height chart to give you an idea of what they once were.

Now I believe Piccolo is considered 7'5, Vegeta is 5'6, Bulma is still 5'5, and Goku might be 6' now. I have read that even Krillin is considered 5' which I do not see how that is possible at all.

xChallenger

Saiyan Grunt
I think it is a stereotypical thing. Women are almost always seen with men taller than them. Krillin is the exception but so is Android 18, given she is well... AN ANDROID! :flirt:

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
I think it is a stereotypical thing. Women are almost always seen with men taller than them. Krillin is the exception but so is Android 18, given she is well... AN ANDROID! :flirt:
Maybe they didn't plan on having them end up together in the beginning which seems very likely so they had to adjust the height? Still seems like an odd reason but people have done stranger things with anime and cartoons lol

Tekkin

Saiyan Warrior
Maybe they just overlooked it? Some shots of him and Bulma in DBZ seem to show them as being closer in height than during their time on Namek.

dragon-ball-z-height-chart.png

That is a height chart to give you an idea of what they once were.

Now I believe Piccolo is considered 7'5, Vegeta is 5'6, Bulma is still 5'5, and Goku might be 6' now. I have read that even Krillin is considered 5' which I do not see how that is possible at all.
I recently saw a clip of Bulma and Vegeta from Super standing close. Bulma was wearing flats. He had to be a good 4 inches taller, if not more. I think that they are kind of screwing things up with height now. He is taller, but it seems the height of most characters kind of got jumbled or something. I know it isn't a big deal but for someone who pays attention to details like this, it can be annoying.

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
I recently saw a clip of Bulma and Vegeta from Super standing close. Bulma was wearing flats. He had to be a good 4 inches taller, if not more. I think that they are kind of screwing things up with height now. He is taller, but it seems the height of most characters kind of got jumbled or something. I know it isn't a big deal but for someone who pays attention to details like this, it can be annoying.
It seems like only a few characters have kept a consistent height. I mean I am not bothered by it since most of Super has been fighting scenes that don't even include characters like Bulma at a comparative glance.

Tekkin

Saiyan Warrior
It seems like only a few characters have kept a consistent height. I mean I am not bothered by it since most of Super has been fighting scenes that don't even include characters like Bulma at a comparative glance.
It just drives me nuts. Like at least slap some heels on Bulma if she is appearing taller. Can't really do that Vegeta tho.

We could assume that his bloodline grew slower seeing as King Vegeta was easily 6ft tall I suppose. I knot Saiyans don't start to age till they hit 80 or so. Maybe for some, they grow slower as well?

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
We could assume that his bloodline grew slower seeing as King Vegeta was easily 6ft tall I suppose. I knot Saiyans don't start to age till they hit 80 or so. Maybe for some, they grow slower as well?
I am sure it is more a less them just trying to even things out with height as a means to make Vegeta look more powerful (stereotyping and all that) but I like this argument much better. Let's just go with this lol

Tekkin

Saiyan Warrior
I am sure it is more a less them just trying to even things out with height as a means to make Vegeta look more powerful (stereotyping and all that) but I like this argument much better. Let's just go with this lol
I know this is just an anime and not everything need to be explained but even if I am wrong, I like to have reasoning for stuff like this. If it comes down to me making it up in my own mind, so be it.

Reactions: Beerus

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
I know this is just an anime and not everything need to be explained but even if I am wrong, I like to have reasoning for stuff like this. If it comes down to me making it up in my own mind, so be it.
I think a lot of the fan base is the same way. It is easy to create stories and general "facts" in gaps of information when it comes to anime which I think is why so many fans end up creating their own fan fiction using the same characters.

LividJay

Meh
Super Saiyan God
They changed a lot of characters in Super. Just look at Mr. Satan compared to Goku in Buu Saga vs Super. Also, look how short they made Majin Buu compared to his height in Z.

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
Piccolo's height is unreal. Like a pro basketball player's height.
It is funny to think of just how tall he would be walking around in the real world. Most basketball players arent even that tall. They are like 6'2 to 6'10. Some are over 7' but only a few per team at most.

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
to be fair this 4 year old is as tall as this 15 year old
kid_gohan_by_juan50-d4khqba.jpg
kid_goku_tenkaichi_by_maffo1989-d8a5v33.png
Saiyans age slower but seemingly go through puberty faster. Gohan is only half Saiyan. He was 5 or 6 on Namek. The age was bumped up for the dub.

So Goku goes from a short stack 15-year-old to a 5'11 grown man in just 3 years. lol Gohan had a normal growth spurt starting at age 10 (Cell Saga) to age 16 (Buu Saga).

Kid Goku

VIdeospiel-Man Website IS Out! Enjoy Chapters 1+2!
Super Saiyan 4
Saiyans age slower but seemingly go through puberty faster. Gohan is only half Saiyan. He was 5 or 6 on Namek. The age was bumped up for the dub.

So Goku goes from a short stack 15-year-old to a 5'11 grown man in just 3 years. lol Gohan had a normal growth spurt starting at age 10 (Cell Saga) to age 16 (Buu Saga).
Hes still pretty tall and capacale for a 4 year old weird how piccolo says hes "PAMPERED" i mean i guess he was selfsufficient from day one but gohan has every right to cry when a green monster man kidnaps him!

• Funny

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
Hes still pretty tall and capacale for a 4 year old weird how piccolo says hes "PAMPERED" i mean i guess he was selfsufficient from day one but gohan has every right to cry when a green monster man kidnaps him!
Piccolo had to learn the caring nature Nameks are born with though.

• :)
  • :shock3:
  • :ssgrin:
  • :stop2:
  • :tasty:
  • :thinking:
  • :what:
  • :yes:
  • :stinky:
  • :9000:
  • :beer:
  • :coke: