[MMORPG] DBZ Browser - 100% Free & No Download

GrayXD

Saiyan Grunt

Hi everyone, I'm glad to tell you that my game DBZ Brower is online !

THE GAME

The meaning of the game is quite simple. First it's an MMORPG and what makes it different is the fact that you don't have to download anything. All is on the website and it's obviously totally free. There is an online shop where you can buy some items to help you to go forward in the game, but it's not vital to play the game at 100%. The game uses the same mechanisms of any MMORPG. There is a quests system, there are skills, stuffs, etc... The evolution of your character is done by upgrading your statistics. You can upgrade them with stats points you gain each time you level up. You control a character which is totally neutral and you can select a skin among 5 starting skins.

goku_0.png
vegeta_0.png
piccolo_0.png
trunks_0.png
teenGohan_0.png

I'm currently thinking about adding classes. For the moment, the specializations possibilities are potentielly infinites. You can fight totally closely, fight totally ranged or play a mix of both specializations.

THE UNIVERSE AND THE ENVIRONMENT

About the universe, the main quests will deal with the main arcs of the manga and the landscapes will evolve with it. For example, the current version of the game stops at the Raditz battle, around his ship. The next area is in development.

THE GAMEPLAY

I will focus on PvP et HL PvE (heroic instances). A ranking of the best players is displayed on the top right corner of the screen. Since the game is just starting, be quick and climb the ladder easily while it's possible ! Instances are in development too, I'll try to make it very epic. Transformations and Skills like "Kamehameha" are currently not available because they could make your game experience too easy. I will provide them when there will be enough high level players. I won't detail the playing guide here because I made a complete website page on it. You can find it here.

THE SCREENS

I conclude by posting some screenshots of the game. The website isn't finish at all. It will help you to create your account and your first character only.

I wanted to make a very large universe, totally open-world.

1.png

5.png

New NPCs provide optional quests that can help you to progress.

2.png

For the moment, the strongest enemy is Raditz.

4.png

3.png

THE LINK OF THE GAME

You only have to click here to reach the website. The 200 first players will obtain a big gift. It's a pack of 2 skills : Kikoha and Instant Transmission. Thank you for your attention and see you soon !

Reactions: LividJay and Beerus

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
That is actually a pretty cool idea, might try it out in the future. Nice work :thumbsupgif:

Blockinlick

Ultra Pinkstink
Super Saiyan 2
Is English your first language?

I only ask, because I found some errors, but it seems like mis-translations of some kind.

For instance
"Soba: The Dodo's are very excited since a couple of time."
"Launch a fireball toward some direction"

The game seems pretty charming though.

Found bugs.
-When I assign a skill to my skill bar or an item to an item slot, it diverts the entire game into viewing the sprite image. So I have to hit the browser's back button and then relog my character.
-Using Instant Transmission is buggy when used on an area beyond your boundary, for instance, beyond the cliff walls. The character started gravitating toward that spot and I couldn't control it anymore. I tried to undo it by using Instant Transmission inside the boundary, but all that did was change the gravitation to that spot. I had to relog my character to undo it.

Personal issues
-The game at first seems to have nothing to do, because
1. The map is so wide open
2. Quest givers only start giving quests when you hit a certain level and there's no way of knowing what levels they are.
3. There are only three quest givers
-One quest giver gives three quests and the others give one. After that, I cannot find anything else in the game to do except farm Raditz and Piccolo for XP to level up.
-Can't see a Ki-bar. Only way to view how much Ki you have is to open the character screen
-Can't figure out how to use consumable items.
-Your guide says you can use Zenies to buy things, but I can't figure out how
-Server synchronization is really buggy
-Clicking on things in general is really buggy, partly due to the buggy sync. The "Get 4 Thyme" quest was irritating because of this, because you have to just mash left click until it finally picks it up.
-Lastly, XP progression seems either completely linear or too linear. What I mean is, I feel like I'm gaining the same or roughly the same percentage of XP towards the next level at level 37 as I was getting at say, level 5. This will be problematic once you start adding more difficult enemies, because people would rather farm Raditz in 1 hit for the 30% bar of XP than any other more difficult enemy you add, unless you give an absurd amount of XP. Next thing you know, people are farming THAT boss in 1 hit, because they're leveling up so fast. It's bad for pacing. Each level needs to take at least 25% more XP than the previous one to sustain a good pace.

I played it as long as I did, because I saw that the Top 3 power levels were 2800, 1100, and 860. I decided to shoot for that 3rd spot and I got it (I am Tsukine... get it, Zucchini?). Then I stopped playing.

Since the 3rd highest power level in the game was obtainable within a couple of hours and this game has been running for at least a week, I'm assuming that's all there is.

Last edited:

Blockinlick

Ultra Pinkstink
Super Saiyan 2
Update. I got bored today and decided to shoot for the #1 spot.

I realized early on that, of the stat points, Energy netted the most Power Level gain, so by the time I hit 2600, I had Energy strong enough to 3-hit Raditz.
At this discovery, I started using the energy attack. Then I started running out of Ki and realized that I haven't put a single point into Ki or HP.
So I wondered how much Power Level putting a point in Ki would net... it was over 120 for the first point and about 60 by the time I stopped.
So then I dumped all my points into Ki from that point and beat the top Power Level of 2836 by a whole 1,000 with 3876

-Some updates on issues and bugs since then.
The game is a LOT less buggy if you just don't use the mouse. Using space to pick up items can still be finicky at times, but still MUCH less so than left-click.
When I started using the energy attacks, I noticed the projectile sprite appears sync'ed, even if your character isn't, which helped me understand my real position better than when I was using physical attacks and couldn't seem to click in the right spot. I'd miss one energy attack and then I'd know where to aim after that, while trying to use physical attacks was a frenzy of randomly attacking from different angles until I finally got a hit in.

The XP isn't completely linear, as after awhile, Raditz was giving me about 20% of my XP bar instead of 30%. That's still WAY too linear in my opinion, though. Unless you plan of characters getting multiple levels from each kill later on, that needs adjusted.

I realized that you can just keep the character info screen up to track Ki, so I suppose that's not much of an issue, however, players having to do a work-around is still a negative.

Still can't figure out how to use consumables or if there's anything to spend Zenies on yet. I have over 100 Dodo Steaks and I don't even know what they do. I have over 6,000 Zenies and seemingly nothing to spend it on.

Blockinlick

Ultra Pinkstink
Super Saiyan 2
I have so much more to say about this after experimenting further. However, this user hasn't been seen in a week. I'm thinking this project already got ditched. I wouldn't blame them, it's a mess.

LividJay

Meh
Super Saiyan God
I have so much more to say about this after experimenting further. However, this user hasn't been seen in a week. I'm thinking this project already got ditched. I wouldn't blame them, it's a mess.
It's possible this was just used as advertisement for the game.

Blockinlick

Ultra Pinkstink
Super Saiyan 2
It's possible this was just used as advertisement for the game.

I don't think do. If you read the website tabs like News and Guide, it's written as though this IS the game.

It even has microtransactions, which is totally illegal and will get them shut down. Lol

They can even get a cease & desist for using intellectual properties.

Oftentimes, an IP holder will ignore a game like this using its IP's name and character likenesses... however, when there's profit being made, cease & desist is inevitable.

What's amusing is what they're selling too.

They want 15-30 dollars for the most absurdly broken items... that is, if it wasn't already easily possible to achieve peak character performance.

One of these items, and mind you- you can wear 3, adds 2500 HP and 500 Force.

To put this in perspective, my character that 3-hits Raditz, the strongest enemy in the game right now, and can't even take damage from Raditz, has 103 Force, 80 Defense, and 100 HP.

Wtf am I gonna do with 500 more Force and 2500 more HP??

PvP?
For one, no one is playing
Even if there were, who the hell wants to PvP with someone who is 50x stronger because they handed the devs 75 dollars?

Last edited:

GrayXD

Saiyan Grunt
Well, indeed I haven't been there since a long time ago.

Blockinlick first thank you for the time you spent playing. I'll try to answer to every point.

Is English your first language?
You got me, I'm french.

-The game at first seems to have nothing to do, because
1. The map is so wide open
2. Quest givers only start giving quests when you hit a certain level and there's no way of knowing what levels they are.
3. There are only three quest givers
-One quest giver gives three quests and the others give one. After that, I cannot find anything else in the game to do except farm Raditz and Piccolo for XP to level up.
-Can't see a Ki-bar. Only way to view how much Ki you have is to open the character screen
-Can't figure out how to use consumable items.
-Your guide says you can use Zenies to buy things, but I can't figure out how
-Server synchronization is really buggy
-Clicking on things in general is really buggy, partly due to the buggy sync. The "Get 4 Thyme" quest was irritating because of this, because you have to just mash left click until it finally picks it up.

For the bugs or the game in general, don't mind. I closed it because as you said, it misses a lot a of thing and working on a 2D game takes too much time for nothing, so THIS project is abandoned, however I'm working on another thing. I'll tell you more at the end.

-Lastly, XP progression seems either completely linear or too linear. What I mean is, I feel like I'm gaining the same or roughly the same percentage of XP towards the next level at level 37 as I was getting at say, level 5. This will be problematic once you start adding more difficult enemies, because people would rather farm Raditz in 1 hit for the 30% bar of XP than any other more difficult enemy you add, unless you give an absurd amount of XP. Next thing you know, people are farming THAT boss in 1 hit, because they're leveling up so fast. It's bad for pacing. Each level needs to take at least 25% more XP than the previous one to sustain a good pace.

The XP isn't completely linear, as after awhile, Raditz was giving me about 20% of my XP bar instead of 30%. That's still WAY too linear in my opinion, though. Unless you plan of characters getting multiple levels from each kill later on, that needs adjusted.

It's not linear. It's a second-degree polynomial equation. I wanted to try another pace. The maximum level was supposed to be 1000. It used to be common on IWC and Frog Creator games (I don't know if you know these game engines). I thought it would be even more annoying if the level-up speed was like WoW, which have a very slow pace.

I played it as long as I did, because I saw that the Top 3 power levels were 2800, 1100, and 860. I decided to shoot for that 3rd spot and I got it (I am Tsukine... get it, Zucchini?). Then I stopped playing.

Since the 3rd highest power level in the game was obtainable within a couple of hours and this game has been running for at least a week, I'm assuming that's all there is.

Haha, I repeat : thank you for playing that much :D. I have to admit that it was the point. Ranking systems are supposed to stimulate players. My personal account was not in the rank, I think the first one is my second account, but I can't answer for the other 2.

I realized early on that, of the stat points, Energy netted the most Power Level gain, so by the time I hit 2600, I had Energy strong enough to 3-hit Raditz.
At this discovery, I started using the energy attack. Then I started running out of Ki and realized that I haven't put a single point into Ki or HP.
So I wondered how much Power Level putting a point in Ki would net... it was over 120 for the first point and about 60 by the time I stopped.
So then I dumped all my points into Ki from that point and beat the top Power Level of 2836 by a whole 1,000 with 3876

Power level calculation is based on a fighting style logic. If you want to be a physical attack dps then you will have to maximise your force and your speed. If you want to be a "magical" attack dps you will have to max your energy and ki, and if you want to be a tank, you will have to max you hp and defense. Try to max all your stats and you will be weak in pvp, so will be your power level. But if you focus on one fighting style, you will be strong and so will be your power level. Mathematically, power level will be the sum of the geometric mean of force and speed, the geometric mean of energy and ki and the geometric mean of hp and defense. Maybe someday I'll do a full presentation of this.

Still can't figure out how to use consumables or if there's anything to spend Zenies on yet. I have over 100 Dodo Steaks and I don't even know what they do. I have over 6,000 Zenies and seemingly nothing to spend it on.

Unfortunately, the game isn't developed enough for this.

It even has microtransactions, which is totally illegal and will get them shut down. Lol

They can even get a cease & desist for using intellectual properties.

I don't get why this is illegal, except for the intellectual property. Look at the mass of dragon ball fangames (some are profitable), I don't think they all have the rights. But I know it's not a proper answer.

They want 15-30 dollars for the most absurdly broken items... that is, if it wasn't already easily possible to achieve peak character performance.

One of these items, and mind you- you can wear 3, adds 2500 HP and 500 Force.

To put this in perspective, my character that 3-hits Raditz, the strongest enemy in the game right now, and can't even take damage from Raditz, has 103 Force, 80 Defense, and 100 HP.

Wtf am I gonna do with 500 more Force and 2500 more HP??

It's called "incentives". Beginers aren't supposed to buy items like this. It's, as you say, too powerful. Selling it 1 USD would be pretty strange at this stage of development. In the future, if the game would have been mature enough, I would have reduce the prices.

As I said, I'm working on another thing, more interesting I think. Take a look at there : https://dragonballforums.com/threads/wip-aftermath-amateur-3d-mmorpg-inpired-by-dbz-universe.1060/

I note what you've said. I'll try to not repeat my errors. I hope you will keep this passion you have :)

Have a nice day ! (I'll try to come more often on the forum, I didn't know you were so active).

...from an old kid who wants to make his dream come true.

Last edited:
  • :)
  • :shock3:
  • :ssgrin:
  • :stop2:
  • :tasty:
  • :thinking:
  • :what:
  • :yes:
  • :stinky:
  • :9000:
  • :beer: