My ranking list of all anime I have watched

Blockinlick

Ultra Pinkstink
Super Saiyan 2
The last several months I've added a few "must watch" anime to my list of, well, watched anime.

Here is how they all rank in my opinion

#1. Dragon Ball Z (All)
#2. Bleach (All)
#3. s-CRY-ed (All)
#4. Attack on Titan (Up to date)
#5. Dragon Ball (All)
#6. My Hero Academia (Up to ep82, in progress)
#7. Dragon Ball Super (Up to date)
#8. Full Metal Alchemist (All of OG, half of BH)
#9. Naruto & Shippuden (All of OG, half of SHP)
#10. Guyver: Bio Boosted Armor (All of both)
#11. One Piece (Up to ep80)
#12. Inuyasha (Many sporadic episodes)
#13. Dragon Ball GT (All)

Guyver would definitely rank higher if it weren't for its early cancellations.

I used to catch random episodes of Inuyasha on Adult Swim a lot as a teen. I tried to watch Inuyasha from the beginning a few years ago and by the time I got to ep7 or so, I got bored. I should give it another try, but it's just not high on my priority list.

When I'm done with MHA, I'm moving onto Demon Slayer.

Yoshi

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan God
Bleach gets too much criticism sometimes after Soul Society, and Attack On Titan is actually really good, at least during Part I. My Hero Academia is fine, but it has poor fights in general compared to most Battle Shonen, and I basically gave up on any large scale fight scenes after the Overhaul Arc, which wasn't bad but just disappointing in the end.

Blockinlick

Ultra Pinkstink
Super Saiyan 2
Bleach gets too much criticism sometimes after Soul Society, and Attack On Titan is actually really good, at least during Part I. My Hero Academia is fine, but it has poor fights in general compared to most Battle Shonen, and I basically gave up on any large scale fight scenes after the Overhaul Arc, which wasn't bad but just disappointing in the end.

Gets too much criticism from who? You? Or are you saying that the Arrancar arc is underrated?

I personally love the Arrancar arc.

Yoshi

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan God
Gets too much criticism from who? You? Or are you saying that the Arrancar arc is underrated?

I personally love the Arrancar arc.
No, I mean from some Anime fans. They will occasionally say Bleach sucks after Soul Society. Although the same can be said about some occasionally saying Naruto sucks after Part I.

Blockinlick

Ultra Pinkstink
Super Saiyan 2
No, I mean from some Anime fans. They will occasionally say Bleach sucks after Soul Society. Although the same can be said about some occasionally saying Naruto sucks after Part I.

Yeah, I view Soul Society and Arrancar arcs the same way I view Saiyan Saga and Namek arcs. That is that they are hard to compare to each other when they both shine in their own ways.

My biggest complaint about the Arrancar arc were that some of the flamboyant Arrancars (Namely the drag queen and the Spanish guy) were really lame and cringe. Nells friends were also annoying. But that's really all the criticism I have for it.

I liked Shippuden until the whole
"Itachi is actually a good guy" happened and then Sasuke decided to become a terrorist anyway. None of it made sense to me and it cemented my dislike for Sasuke. Not the kind of dislike that makes a good villain, but the kind that makes you not want to watch the show anymore because the character is being tragically & irredeemably stupid.

Yoshi

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan God
I like Substitute Shinigami, Soul Society, Arrancar, and Hueco Mundo, but I hate Fake Karakura Town and everything after that except for the first half of the Quincy Saga.

Sasuke redeemed himself during the War Saga in my opinion. If you really think about it Sasuke went through a lot. Not only did his Clan get murdered by his brother, he was also pushed into darkness years later by both Orochimaru AND his said brother.

Mustafar Reginald

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Only shows I haven't seen at all from this list are S-CRY-ed & Guyver.

On the Bleach discussion, when I watched it as a kid I got bored of it *during* the Soul Society arc, and ended up dropping it there. I have since read the Bleach manga through the Soul Society arc, and I did like it there, so I'm guessing the anime's pacing just killed it for me (maybe having to watch it on AS's didn't help either). Still honestly prefer the series pre-Soul Society though. I'll read the rest later.

I'm just glad to see GT at the bottom where it belongs.

• Funny
Reactions: Blockinlick

Blockinlick

Ultra Pinkstink
Super Saiyan 2
Only shows I haven't seen at all from this list are S-CRY-ed & Guyver.

On the Bleach discussion, when I watched it as a kid I got bored of it *during* the Soul Society arc, and ended up dropping it there. I have since read the Bleach manga through the Soul Society arc, and I did like it there, so I'm guessing the anime's pacing just killed it for me (maybe having to watch it on AS's didn't help either). Still honestly prefer the series pre-Soul Society though. I'll read the rest later.

I'm just glad to see GT at the bottom where it belongs.

s-CRY-ed is really good. The most underrated anime (In the USA anyway, apparently in Japan it's often ranked in top 3 of all time).

The thing about Scryed is that it starts simple and slow and the plot thickens and becomes more complex as the show goes on, so some patience is needed. There is also a lot of philosophy woven into it. As both main characters learn more about each others situation, their stories and the plot evolves.

Guyver was good, but both of its iterations (The original was a late 80's anime and the reboot was early 2000's) got cancelled 12 to 13 episodes in. Regardless, the show had so much going for it. I feel like it's worth a watch if only to appreciate what it could have been... both times.

Both iterations had a lot of charm.
The original was darker, grittier, and had some gore.

The reboot was less-so in those areas but the character development, particularly Aptom, was done better.

If you really like the dark atmosphere of early Bleach, you would really like the original Guyver. After all, I feel like Guyvers "Zoanoids" may have been a direct inspiration for Kubo's "Hollows".

Edit:
In fact, the way they were created puts me in mind of MHA's Nomu's and there are even some parallels in form & function to Titan Shifters. So Guyver could have been inspiration for a lot of today's anime.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mustafar Reginald

Mustafar Reginald

Elite Saiyan Warrior
s-CRY-ed is really good. The most underrated anime (In the USA anyway, apparently in Japan it's often ranked in top 3 of all time).

The thing about Scryed is that it starts simple and slow and the plot thickens and becomes more complex as the show goes on, so some patience is needed. There is also a lot of philosophy woven into it. As both main characters learn more about each others situation, their stories and the plot evolves.

Guyver was good, but both of its iterations (The original was a late 80's anime and the reboot was early 2000's) got cancelled 12 to 13 episodes in. Regardless, the show had so much going for it. I feel like it's worth a watch if only to appreciate what it could have been... both times.

Both iterations had a lot of charm.
The original was darker, grittier, and had some gore.

The reboot was less-so in those areas but the character development, particularly Aptom, was done better.

If you really like the dark atmosphere of early Bleach, you would really like the original Guyver. After all, I feel like Guyvers "Zoanoids" may have been a direct inspiration for Kubo's "Hollows".

Edit:
In fact, the way they were created puts me in mind of MHA's Nomu's and there are even some parallels in form & function to Titan Shifters. So Guyver could have been inspiration for a lot of today's anime.

s-CRY-ed is sounding pretty good, definitely something I should probably check out at some point. My backlog of anime I want to watch grows bigger and bigger by the day.

As for Guyver, maybe it's just because I've become a manga reader more as of late, but my takeaway was I should probably just read the manga so I could get the complete story. Then I looked it up and the manga is unfinished as well, with the last new chapter being released in 2016 as far I can tell. Guyver fans just can't win it seems lol. I guess I will just stick to the anime versions when I get a chance.

Blockinlick

Ultra Pinkstink
Super Saiyan 2
List updated. Watched a couple more and forgot a few

#1. Dragon Ball Z (All)
#2. Bleach (All)
#3. s-CRY-ed (All)
#4. Attack on Titan (Up to date)
#5. Dragon Ball (All)
#6. My Hero Academia (Up to ep82, in progress)
#7. Dragon Ball Super (Up to date)
#8. Full Metal Alchemist (All of OG, half of BH)
#9. Naruto & Shippuden (All of OG, half of SHP)
#10. Goblin Slayer (All)
#11. Guyver: Bio Boosted Armor (All of both)
#12. One Piece (Up to ep80)
#13. Yugioh (All of OG)
#14. Inuyasha (Many sporadic episodes)
#15. Demon Slayer (13 episodes)
#16. Sword Art Online (All of OG)
#17. Pokemon (Many episodes of OG Kanto)
#18. Dragon Ball GT (All)

Yugioh was a fascinating show and as someone who was really into the TCG as a teen, I couldn't not watch it. But the plot armor, corny motivators, nonsensical events, and abused dues ex machina plagued it really bad. It's hard to watch again lol

SAO had a lot potential, but awful time-skips and horrible plot armor really left a bad taste. I really hate it when a character is special for no reason. Kirito has all of these unique & special skills from the get go and never has to work for them. He's not really ever challenged much throughout the show. It's just Kirito flexing on everyone.

I liked Pokemon when I was a kid, because I was part of that generation that were kids when it first became a huge phenomenon. That said, there is no one in my age range that HASN'T seen a lot of the original anime lol. It was okay but it's mostly nostalgia for me now.

Reactions: Mustafar Reginald
  • :)
  • :shock3:
  • :ssgrin:
  • :stop2:
  • :tasty:
  • :thinking:
  • :what:
  • :yes:
  • :stinky:
  • :9000:
  • :beer: