Piccolo VS Base Saiyans

Yoshioka Seijuro

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan
There is a lot of debate on actual DBZ forums about the power between these two. Which one do you think is stronger?

I used to jump on the Base Saiyans > Piccolo bandwagon, but looking at the total picture, Piccolo has always been stronger than the Saiyans in their base form since the Android Saga. That continued in the Cell Games during the Cell Junior fight as well. And besides, the early Boo Saga is just a prime example of messy writing.

What are your thoughts on the matter?

Reactions: Beerus

Beerus

★★ ʜᴀᴋᴀɪ ★★
Admin
Namekians are born smarter, stronger, and faster out the gate. Saiyans have to continuously reach newer heights through battle. It may take a longer time for say Piccolo to reach higher power levels but he can do this without combat. If they were driven to be warriors and not simply protectors and caretakers, Namekians could easily overpower Saiyans and would have done so but being power hungry is not in their nature.

Yoshioka Seijuro

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan
Yeah, I think Namekians have more unlocked potential than Saiyans and especially half breed Saiyans, who both have more latent potential.

Super Kami Guru

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan
I would subscribe to that theory, definitely. Piccolo is definitely as strong or stronger than the Saiyans without their transformations. If the Namekians had levels above just base Namekian, he might even have become the strongest fighter, but as pointed out, it's just not who the Namekians really are. Strong, smart and quick enough to defend themselves and their families, but not aspirational with regards to power. Quite admirable.

• Agree

LividJay

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan
Wasn't Piccolo back to being a Super Namek once he rejoined with Kami? And at that point he was doing a lot better against the androids than the Super Saiyans were doing. Anyway, I definitely think Piccolo could easily keep up with Vegeta and Goku in base form but could probably smoke the other base form Saiyans no problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)