Video Games Pokemon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl/Legends Arceus

Yoshi

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan God
I'm disappointed with the Diamond and Pearl remakes so far, but the Legends Arceus game looks like Pokemon done like Breath Of The Wild, which is actually a good thing because they desperately needed to change the core gameplay of Pokemon.

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
I prefer the old-style games myself so the Legends game isn't appealing to me at all. The remakes look nice though. Very unlikely to play them though. No Switch and little interest in Pokemon games these days.

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
I'm disappointed with the Diamond and Pearl remakes so far, but the Legends Arceus game looks like Pokemon done like Breath Of The Wild, which is actually a good thing because they desperately needed to change the core gameplay of Pokemon.

Considering it appears to just be a remaster and not a full on remake, I'm happy with what I'm seeing. Don't toy around with it too much, just make it a Switch port of the older game. That's what I want, at least, and that's what it seems to be, so I'm happy.

Legends Arceus looks like a completely break from the main games, and that's a good thing, IMO, and yeah, it definitely looks BotW-esque. Looking forward to them, for sure!

I prefer the old-style games myself so the Legends game isn't appealing to me at all. The remakes look nice though. Very unlikely to play them though. No Switch and little interest in Pokemon games these days.

I'll always prefer the older style games because it's what I grew up with, but I like to keep myself involved in the newer games to see how they progress. They're not bad, all things considered. Also a bit surprised you don't have a Switch, it's a fantastic console experience and has some really good exclusives on it, like Animal Crossing.

I'll plop this here cause history connections in Japanese anime/video games are fun.

I love that people take things too seriously and have to debate when a game is set. I do love some of the history aspects they try to throw in, but it's a game where animals are replaced by creatures that talk (...well, say their own name) and can throw around elemental attacks at each other...can't be too historically accurate with those factors in play :D

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
What games do you have on it? Are you getting the new Zelda game coming out this year?
I hope so, for sure! I've got a fair few games on the Switch, including Pokemon Sword and Shield, Super Mario Odyssey, Kirby Star Allies (REALLY fun), Captain Toad Treasure Tracker (Wii U Port, but had to buy it again, such a great game), Breath of the Wild, Super Mario All Stars and a few more...really nice to have them and also great that they can be on the TV and then on the go in an instant.

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
I hope so, for sure! I've got a fair few games on the Switch, including Pokemon Sword and Shield, Super Mario Odyssey, Kirby Star Allies (REALLY fun), Captain Toad Treasure Tracker (Wii U Port, but had to buy it again, such a great game), Breath of the Wild, Super Mario All Stars and a few more...really nice to have them and also great that they can be on the TV and then on the go in an instant.
I'd mostly want one to play some games with Jay. Like certain single-player games are fine but I am at that point where unless the single-player game is really good, I will opt for a less good multi-player game. lol

Reactions: Super Kami Guru

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
I'd mostly want one to play some games with Jay. Like certain single-player games are fine but I am at that point where unless the single-player game is really good, I will opt for a less good multi-player game. lol
I'd seriously point you towards Animal Crossing in that regard, then, lots of multiplayer fun! Kirby Star Allies, Super Mario Odyssey and Captain Toad Treasure Tracker are fantastic single players games, though, well worth a look!

Reactions: Beerus

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
I'd seriously point you towards Animal Crossing in that regard, then, lots of multiplayer fun! Kirby Star Allies, Super Mario Odyssey and Captain Toad Treasure Tracker are fantastic single players games, though, well worth a look!
I always like Kirby. Did they do a new Mario Kart yet?

• Agree

Mustafar Reginald

Elite Saiyan Warrior
I haven't cared about Pokémon games since Gen 2, so the Diamond/Pearl remakes do nothing for me. But that Legends game has me interested. I'm not sold on it yet, but I'll probably keep my eyes on it. Not huge on open world games, but I think it could really work with Pokémon's collection aspect. Need to see how Pokémon battles actually work, because if it's just the same classic Pokémon battles system I'll pass. Nothing would be more disappointing for me then venturing into a new game structure but still relying on the same battle system, that's what the mainline games are for. Does still seem turn-based, but I hope it's mechanically different at least.

• Agree

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
I haven't cared about Pokémon games since Gen 2, so the Diamond/Pearl remakes do nothing for me. But that Legends game has me interested. I'm not sold on it yet, but I'll probably keep my eyes on it. Not huge on open world games, but I think it could really work with Pokémon's collection aspect. Need to see how Pokémon battles actually work, because if it's just the same classic Pokémon battles system I'll pass. Nothing would be more disappointing for me then venturing into a new game structure but still relying on the same battle system, that's what the mainline games are for. Does still seem turn-based, but I hope it's mechanically different at least.
Agreed, this seems like the perfect time to introduce a whole new battle mechanic, so here's hoping they do!

Ultra instinct Chi-chi

Saiyan Warrior
Legends:Arceus seems really fun! I love the fact that it's based on the Meiji era since I love Japanese history! I hope there will be lots of combat too. Dojos replacing gyms would be awesome! Also, I would love if they had something similar to the Meiji restoration too.

The Sinnoh remakes, tho looks pretty bad graphics wise. Though they might be fun, but I'm a little bit sceptic.

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
The good news on the remakes is that graphics aren't everything, and if they keep the gameplay relatively true to it's original with a few tweaks, then it should be a nice and fun remake!

Arceus, I completely agree, it's looking like a really fun break from the norm, and Dojos would be amazing in place of gyms!

• :)
  • :shock3:
  • :ssgrin:
  • :stop2:
  • :tasty:
  • :thinking:
  • :what:
  • :yes:
  • :stinky:
  • :9000:
  • :beer:
  • :coke: