Dragon Ball Z really Akira?

GogetaBlue

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan
look at future trunks he stopped buu he defeated frieza i think future trunks would be the best main character he does not play around he just does it he probably would've killed imperfect cell if he didnt care about vegeta getting mad, hes a protecter of earth who doesent wish to fight, also gohan might've been good cuase he didnt really want to fight either but i think future trunks would be the best.

Blockinlick

Ultra Pinkstink
Super Saiyan 2
You know what, if we get to just cast a vote for any character to be the main hero, I cast it for Hercule Satan.

He's the hero of the people. He was the first to stand up to Cell. He's a single-father and uncontested world champion. He got Buu to swear off doing evil, because he's a leader. He's got charisma and zazz and he's an awesome character.

Yeah, I vote Hercule Satan, if we just get to vote for our favorite characters being the main hero. It makes perfect sense and he's the perfect hero.

India Actual

Super Civil Servant Blue
Super Saiyan Blue
Mister Satan is the main character of his own show. The Mister Satan show and we're all strapped in and forced to watch how it unfolds. :v21:

• Funny
Reactions: Beerus

ahill1

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan
Well, he planned to end the whole thing with the Cell saga, so he originally would have Gohan as the Earth's protector. But since they made all a special plead for him to continue the story by one more notch, it ended up with Goku stepping up and claiming the title again... which I can't exactly complain as weren't that the case and Gohan killed Super Boo we wouldn't have that amazing recognition from Vegeta during Goku vs Kid Boo.

Reactions: Blockinlick

Blockinlick

Ultra Pinkstink
Super Saiyan 2

Sorry, but the dude talking in that video is ignoring the most important factor. Ki.

"When you grow up, your bones get bigger, skin tougher, muscles bigger"

For normal humans, this is the case, but for one, Gohan is a Saiyan and for two, he was "Superhuman" pretty much at birth. He's an exception to this rule. You can't look at 4 year old Gohan at the beginning of Z and say "More muscles will make him stronger", because his strength is in the latent Ki that he can channel, not his physical strength. Raditz was literally 10x his mass and only twice as strong... because Ki.

It's actually pretty straight forward. (In that universe of course) If you don't train to maintain your Ki, you gradually lose it. Your body becoming bigger & stronger will not mitigate that loss much.

This is pretty much why things with Ginyu happened the way they did. Ginyu only had the ability to tap into 20k of Goku's Ki. This is why Goku referred to it as "Body and Spirit", because the bulk of Goku's power was his ability to tap into massive amounts of Ki.

But the guy in the video keeps repeating that flawed premise over and over. It's quite annoying really.

Gohan didn't train, so his Ki pool shrank and his technique became sloppy. It's simple and makes plenty of sense.

India Actual

Super Civil Servant Blue
Super Saiyan Blue
Sorry, but the dude talking in that video is ignoring the most important factor. Ki.

For normal humans, this is the case, but for one, Gohan is a Saiyan and for two, he was "Superhuman" pretty much at birth. He's an exception to this rule. You can't look at 4 year old Gohan at the beginning of Z and say "More muscles will make him stronger", because his strength is in the latent Ki that he can channel, not his physical strength. Raditz was literally 10x his mass and only twice as strong... because Ki.

It's actually pretty straight forward. (In that universe of course) If you don't train to maintain your Ki, you gradually lose it. Your body becoming bigger & stronger will not mitigate that loss much.

This is pretty much why things with Ginyu happened the way they did. Ginyu only had the ability to tap into 20k of Goku's Ki. This is why Goku referred to it as "Body and Spirit", because the bulk of Goku's power was his ability to tap into massive amounts of Ki.

But the guy in the video keeps repeating that flawed premise over and over. It's quite annoying really.

Gohan didn't train, so his Ki pool shrank and his technique became sloppy. It's simple and makes plenty of sense.
I posted it to offer another point of view. If you take umbrage with Geekdom's analysis then I would let him know and see if you can start an informed discussion.

Notaka

Saiyan Grunt
Toriyama is actually one of the hardest working Manga authors out there, speaking of his Manga's serialization. He never missed a deadline in either Dr Slump or Dragon Ball, and he started writing Dragon Ball a week after he finished Dr Slump. This of course excludes holidays. You don't see that kind of dedication from Mangaka these days.
I disagree. There are still some hard working mangakas nowadays. Oda comes to mind, he's probably the hardest working mangaka I know.

On topic, I believe it's because Toriyama ultimately didn't go through because Goku was too iconic of a character to replace as main character. There's also the fact that Gohan fell in popularity polls and by the time the buu saga ended, he wasn't even on the top five. It would have been sick to see Gohan taking the lead but oh well, I don't mind seeing Goku anyways.

LividJay

Meh
Super Saiyan God
If you think back to Dragon Ball and the beginning of Dragon Ball Z, it makes sense that Goku stays at the front of the series.

And I think Gohan's popularity went down because of, welll....
:hero:
And to top it off, not only did he disappoint his Saiyan heritage, he disappointed his mother, too, because I don't see him really making good use of all those books as some "great scholar" :cheeky:

• Funny
Reactions: Beerus

India Actual

Super Civil Servant Blue
Super Saiyan Blue
More insight into the mind of AT.

EVmZkJiWsAMkYlM.jpg

scoutterSSJ

Saiyan Grunt

Age matters in Dragon Ball, but as you say, it doesn't matter even a fraction of what it should in order to compensate for the loss of Ki due to lack of training that Gohan suffered.
Excellent explanation as of why that video was pure nonsense. Age in DB really only matters with similarly trained fighters like Trunks & Goten.

PS: I was trying to give you a like+informative for this post but it's one or the other, and since you already have a like I'll let the informative one from myself.

Regards!

Reactions: Blockinlick
  • :)
  • :shock3:
  • :ssgrin:
  • :stop2:
  • :tasty:
  • :thinking:
  • :what:
  • :yes:
  • :stinky:
  • :9000: