Television Rick & Morty Season 5

Kid Goku

Enjoy the new Chapter 3 of Videospiel-Man!
Super Saiyan 4
so ive avoided thisd Thread Cus Spoilers but i now finnished season 5 maybe im just an idiot but i never saw any substantial diffrences in the quality of seasons! for example season 1 seemed cnot much better than seasons 3-5 mostly bercause the pilot is really mediocre i guess the dragon episode was shit too other than that every other ep seems pretty amazing to me! maybe you need to watch bad eps twice too notice that theyre worse?

Anyways lets talk about season 5 the highlights are episode 2, 8,9 and 10 for me a lot of people love the planetina episode i just dont find it as good as the 4 i mentioned ep 2 was hillarious vand creative, ep 8 pretty emotional at times ep 9 was good setup for ep10 and ep 10 was just chefskiss! the only thing weird is the scene with all universes in the finite curve exploding? Does this mean that our rick and morty are dead? does it mean that only the citadel dimension survived? or was no dimension destroyed? also if our rick build the finite curve and finite curve portals are green than why are the portals in flashbacks green? i guess the fiunite curve already existed by than? Probably!

Maybe i just get hung up on unimportant details who knows yeah i do wonder when the status quo returns after all rick and morty made so many meta jokes about the Status quo that im sure that at most we return to a diffrent smith household that maybe already has either a rick or morty or both and of course that now some other people copuld be the smartest and i guess we may get one Staus quo return episode like in season 3!

Mustafar Reginald

Elite Saiyan Warrior
For starters, sharing the awesome new rendition of a certain Morty's theme that was used in the last episode.

The last two episodes of this Season were easily the strongest of the season. Well, I might put the Birdperson episode in front of the first half of the finale, but regardless, the last three episodes were an amazing run of episode. These episodes paid off a lot, and hopefully have actual lasting consequences on the show going forward.

Forgetting Sarick Mortshall ~ Bias alert incoming, I love crows, Rick's plot was made for me. Really funny B-Plot, though I still liked Morty's plot. Morty's defeat of Nick is probably the most bad-ass moment he's ever had in the show, it was great. The best moment of the episode was Jerry joining into the lab destruction and immediately turning to goo. Not a whole to say, especially since it's been awhile since I've seen it, but really funny, and some pretty good character work, assuming the next episodes resolution sticks to some extent. The abusive dynamic of Rick & Morty is kind of the basis of the show, so it is familiar ground but it leans on being a bit too familiar if we just resort to the status quo. I think the episode will be better if this is the last time it's presented as truly this bad I guess.

Rickmurai Jack ~ Fantastic. The resolution to the crows storyline was hilarious with that scarecrow that was sleeping them, but it's not until they reach the Citadel that the episode turned into one of the best the series had to offer. It was so, so satisfying seeing Evil Morty just completely 100% succeed with his plans, having someone so unflinchingly, uncontestably defeat Rick was so satisfying. As was getting Rick's backstory after so much time (and told solely through visuals), and an explanation for why Rick is always the smartest person in any universe. Because yeah, I've had that thought before, infinite universes would mean Rick's wouldn't be the top do in every Universe, making this a plot & character point was so gratifying. The Citadel's gone, Eyepatch Morty is gone, the portal is gone but hey, Rick & Morty's relationship seems better than ever by the end.

It was mentioned by one of the writers during the Inside the Episode that they were delaying the Evil Morty thing for so long because it changes the show, so I'm hopeful that things won't just return to the status quo because we've got so many more episodes of Rick & Morty, and I'm not interested in just watching the same old same old for like fifty more episodes. I don't want the show to drastically change but just enough to remain interesting. If Rick has a new portal gun right at the start of Season Six, I'm going to flip.

The end tag with Mr. Poopybutthole was hilarious and relatable, I love his story arc on the show.

Reactions: Beerus
  • :)
  • :shock3:
  • :ssgrin:
  • :stop2:
  • :tasty:
  • :thinking:
  • :what:
  • :yes:
  • :stinky:
  • :9000:
  • :beer: