Dragon Ball Super Should Gohan have played a bigger role in the "Future" Trunks Saga?

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
I might be confusing this with the Future Trunks from DBZ but I could have sworn Gohan and Trunks, in this timeline, were very close.

It seems strange that the Gohan of the timeline we follow would not have played a bigger role in this story. Like at least when it came time to fight Goku Black or something.

It seems like the only logical reasoning why Gohan was not brought to that timeline was because he couldn't bear to see him killed again and his family lose him. Thoughts?

India Actual

Super Civil Servant Blue
Super Saiyan Blue
Yeah, I think you're mixing a lot of the "History of Trunks" version of events, which no doubt is being discounted in the Super timelines.
The History of Trunks events happened as depicted and carried over into the events of Super. If you mean why didn't Gohan go to the future with Future Trunks to fight Goku Black and Zamasu? It's because he was slacking off again and Trunks saw that he was living a peaceful life with his family.

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
The History of Trunks events happened as depicted and carried over into the events of Super. If you mean why didn't Gohan go to the future with Future Trunks to fight Goku Black and Zamasu? It's because he was slacking off again and Trunks saw that he was living a peaceful life with his family.
That makes more sense than just writing it off as if it didn't happen. Also makes more sense story-wise, but alas, I still have more catchup to do when it comes to Super. I'm so slow on all things Super because it still isn't pulling me in like the originals did.

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
Yeah, that is what I meant. And I guess it would come down to him slacking off. It just boggles my mind that we go from that to him being in the ToP but I guess some time had passed and he started training again.

LividJay

Meh
Super Saiyan God
Yeah, that is what I meant. And I guess it would come down to him slacking off. It just boggles my mind that we go from that to him being in the ToP but I guess some time had passed and he started training again.
Sadly, Gohan's character is a joke. There was nothing exciting about his training and he didn't really seem to reach new limits. Once again, so much potential to bring back a "tremendously" (Trump hands) loved character that went to waste.

• Agree
Reactions: Beerus

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
Sadly, Gohan's character is a joke. There was nothing exciting about his training and he didn't really seem to reach new limits. Once again, so much potential to bring back a "tremendously" (Trump hands) loved character that went to waste.
I still can't believe how they did him. Just so dirty. Gohan vs Cell was amazing and then POOF!

We got this ---> :hero:

And Super didn't do him any favors either...

Random Saiyan

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan 2
I still can't believe how they did him. Just so dirty. Gohan vs Cell was amazing and then POOF!

We got this ---> :hero:

And Super didn't do him any favors either...
1610404376586.png

• Agree

mundomania

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan 2
I might be confusing this with the Future Trunks from DBZ but I could have sworn Gohan and Trunks, in this timeline, were very close.

It seems strange that the Gohan of the timeline we follow would not have played a bigger role in this story. Like at least when it came time to fight Goku Black or something.

It seems like the only logical reasoning why Gohan was not brought to that timeline was because he couldn't bear to see him killed again and his family lose him. Thoughts?
I think that gohan among with other characters of dbz like tien and yamcha have been forgotten and are only really used for comedy relief now. But in terms of the story, gohan only really fights when he absolutely has to. In golden fireza, TOP, and even the more saga, he only fought because he really had to. Because vegeta and goku went into the future, I guess he thought he didn't need to. Teen gohan against cell didn't ant to fight, but he had to. Thats just gohans personality.

mundomania

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan 2
Gohans latent power is crazy so i don't think it takes that much time for him to train back up to power. His main problem is just motivation because he hates fighting. Its annoying though because he could be so powerful.

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
Gohans latent power is crazy so i don't think it takes that much time for him to train back up to power. His main problem is just motivation because he hates fighting. Its annoying though because he could be so powerful.
I don't think he hates fighting, he just isn't as invested in it. He is more about family life and work vs training. I think after Goku "died", and he was left alone with Chi Chi, he just drifted more toward school and his social life. He still enjoyed fighting to a certain extent (given that horrible choice of a superhero idea he had) but he is nothing in that regard like Goku.

Reactions: mundomania

mundomania

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan 2
I don't think he hates fighting, he just isn't as invested in it. He is more about family life and work vs training. I think after Goku "died", and he was left alone with Chi Chi, he just drifted more toward school and his social life. He still enjoyed fighting to a certain extent (given that horrible choice of a superhero idea he had) but he is nothing in that regard like Goku.
I agree, he was never training crazy like goku was, and his motivation was different. Goku's whole motivation for fighting was just to fight stronger people really, whereas I believe gohan was fighting for some form of justice. You never saw goku beating up criminals regurlarly.

• Agree

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
I agree, he was never training crazy like goku was, and his motivation was different. Goku's whole motivation for fighting was just to fight stronger people really, whereas I believe gohan was fighting for some form of justice. You never saw goku beating up criminals regurlarly.
Yeah, Goku is an adrenaline junky and Gohan just wants to see good prevail in the world.

Reactions: mundomania
  • :)
  • :shock3:
  • :ssgrin:
  • :stop2:
  • :tasty:
  • :thinking:
  • :what:
  • :yes:
  • :stinky:
  • :9000:
  • :beer: