Dragon Ball Z ss3 ssb

GogetaBlue

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan
Ok so I haven't seen past the android cell saga so I'm going off of stuff I've seen. when goku went ss3 for the first time, kiao sama (king kai) told goku not to because it was to powerful, could of destroyed everything. ss3 was powerful enough so wouldn't ssb destroy earth because of its power? and wasn't ss2 powerful enough to?

India Actual

Super Civil Servant Blue
Super Saiyan Blue
I’ll give my take on it and I come with reputable sources. So I had an email conversation with Derek Padula about power levels and hybrid potential. The answer I received was enlightening and insightful. He said don’t get wrapped up in power levels and scaling like a lot of fans do with canon characters or their own OCs. It really doesn’t matter much in the long run how you scale the characters against one another because the story is always going to dictate equivalent scaling back to keep things on track.

Super Saiyan was as strong as it needed to be at the time for Freeza, Super Saiyan 2 for Perfect Cell, and Super Saiyan 3 to show off the relative strength against Majin Buu and his subsequent forms.

When these transformations were first shown off they were new to their respective users and their full range of destructive abilities were show cased for entertainment purposes. Super Saiyan 3 is taking the pure potential of all the ki/chi generation of the body to it’s absolute limits. It also burns out the user’s body quickly so its nearly impossible to master due to the strain it causes. So every time we’ve seen it the explosive power is on full display because 100% mastery has not been attained.

Juxtaposed to Super Saiyan Blue, you have to ask yourself what is this transformation to begin with? Blue is normal Super Saiyan with god ki. Why does it have stamina problems to begin with at first? Well, thats due to the normal mortal body not having natural god ki. It takes time and training to master but just as Goku and Gohan showcased during the Cell saga with Mastered Super Saiyan, Blue follows the same train of thought. They just have to teach their bodies to remember what they had already learned with a new hurdle added in.

God ki is inherently stronger than mortal ki which is why the god tier characters are where they are in the hierarchy. Not to say that a mortal can’t rival a god. Take Jiren and Hit for example. Not to mention Super Saiyan 4 because it’s the Saiyan at their purest and most raw potential. 😏 MSS4GA!

Reactions: LividJay and Beerus

GogetaBlue

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan
I’ll give my take on it and I come with reputable sources. So I had an email conversation with Derek Padula about power levels and hybrid potential. The answer I received was enlightening and insightful. He said don’t get wrapped up in power levels and scaling like a lot of fans do with canon characters or their own OCs. It really doesn’t matter much in the long run how you scale the characters against one another because the story is always going to dictate equivalent scaling back to keep things on track.

Super Saiyan was as strong as it needed to be at the time for Freeza, Super Saiyan 2 for Perfect Cell, and Super Saiyan 3 to show off the relative strength against Majin Buu and his subsequent forms.

When these transformations were first shown off they were new to their respective users and their full range of destructive abilities were show cased for entertainment purposes. Super Saiyan 3 is taking the pure potential of all the ki/chi generation of the body to it’s absolute limits. It also burns out the user’s body quickly so its nearly impossible to master due to the strain it causes. So every time we’ve seen it the explosive power is on full display because 100% mastery has not been attained.

Juxtaposed to Super Saiyan Blue, you have to ask yourself what is this transformation to begin with? Blue is normal Super Saiyan with god ki. Why does it have stamina problems to begin with at first? Well, thats due to the normal mortal body not having natural god ki. It takes time and training to master but just as Goku and Gohan showcased during the Cell saga with Mastered Super Saiyan, Blue follows the same train of thought. They just have to teach their bodies to remember what they had already learned with a new hurdle added in.

God ki is inherently stronger than mortal ki which is why the god tier characters are where they are in the hierarchy. Not to say that a mortal can’t rival a god. Take Jiren and Hit for example. Not to mention Super Saiyan 4 because it’s the Saiyan at their purest and most raw potential. 😏 MSS4GA!
yeah I get it.

LividJay

Meh
Super Saiyan God
great response @India Actual

The main thing here is the god ki. If I remember correctly, they even explain how mortal ki is very wasteful as it constantly radiates from the body or something like that. God ki "appears" to radiate from the body, but is less wasteful. Anyway, that's what I got from it when they explain it when the Z fighters first met Beerus. Either way, SSB is just SS but with god ki. Simple enough.

Reactions: India Actual
  • :)
  • :shock3:
  • :ssgrin:
  • :stop2:
  • :tasty:
  • :thinking:
  • :what:
  • :yes:
  • :stinky:
  • :9000:
  • :beer: