Video Games The Last of Us II

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
Tons of memes are floating around about Last of Us II and without giving spoilers, the biggest complaint is that a blind person can beat the game. If you enable certain accessibility controls, it becomes too easy. A lot of people have been complaining over the years that games are too hard today. I grew up playing video games that were HARD and even the ones without easy modes today are still too easy so I don't know where the complaints are even coming from. A video game should be challenging. At least to me.

Either way, the game is getting tanked with negative reviews from people for various reasons and I can't see this game being THAT bad. I think people are doing the standard hivemind BS online like they do with everything else and shitting on the game because other people are shitting on it. How trendy...

The game looks good. The functions and controls are the same as the last game. The story has a purpose. While I won't be playing the game myself, I think it is stupid for fans to skip out on it over these trollish reviews. So yeah... I am guessing the actual legit reviews of the game will fix this troll fest of it in a few months. Poor Sony has to be crapping bricks right now.

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
It's Mass Effect 3 all over again -- the game itself was good, but one thing annoys people and that's enough to start a mass "OMG, this is SOO BAD" reaction chain. That's what's happening, and that's what's going to continue happening until the game has been played by enough people to see that it's still likely a good game. Also people have so much hype built up around it because of how good the first game was that, much like Half Life 3, it shouldn't have happened. The first game was great, it was fantastic and it should be THE game in the series, but nope, time to monetize, and even if this game were amazing, it never stood a chance because people have expectations as to what it should be, and it's not going to be that, so it therefore must be bad.

Give it time, give it a fair shake on your own, and no, it's probably not that bad. In fact, it's probably good, but reaction culture being what it is...that won't be reflected for a while.

Reactions: Beerus

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
...I mean this is the internet and at time gamers tend to be super sensitive about all kinds of dumbshit.
VBCGV.png

• Funny
Reactions: Punkhead

Punkhead

High Speed God
Super Saiyan God
The things people get a stick up their ass about will never cease to amaze me.
My favorite ones are was when people got upset about Lara Croft in the new Tomb Raider games having small breast and people complaining about Gal Gadot playing Wonder Woman because of her having small breast.

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
My favorite ones are was when people got upset about Lara Croft in the new Tomb Raider games having small breast and people complaining about Gal Gadot playing Wonder Woman because of her having small breast.
Oh yeah, people love their buxom fan service girls. Can't have girls of real proportions, everyone knows that all women have rail thin waists and tremendously large breasts. No other types of women exist.

It's one thing to laugh and joke around in an anime bust thread, or make good humoured jokes here or there, but to get genuinely upset because a character in a game or movie does not play on stereotypes or barbie dolls...that's stupid.

• Agree

Punkhead

High Speed God
Super Saiyan God
Oh yeah, people love their buxom fan service girls. Can't have girls of real proportions, everyone knows that all women have rail thin waists and tremendously large breasts. No other types of women exist.

It's one thing to laugh and joke around in an anime bust thread, or make good humoured jokes here or there, but to get genuinely upset because a character in a game or movie does not play on stereotypes or barbie dolls...that's stupid.
What was even funnier the guy who either help create or co-create Tomb Raider was like, "Yeah, Lara was always meant to have small or decent size breast. Because if you had DDs or larger breast you wouldn't want to jump, swing on vines and so forth in real life. Because it would be awful and harder" that more or less killed the hate.

True, but also several Manga and Anime artist have said that a lot of their characters aren't really meant to have large breast and everything. I mean, look at guys in anime and such as well they are always jacked with strong chin lines and so on as well, so it goes both ways. But yeah having a standard set by a form of media is stupid.

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
What was even funnier the guy who either help create or co-create Tomb Raider was like, "Yeah, Lara was always meant to have small or decent size breast. Because if you had DDs or larger breast you wouldn't want to jump, swing on vines and so forth in real life. Because it would be awful and harder" that more or less killed the hate.

He's quite right, imagine trying to rock climb with beach balls stuck to your chest...wouldn't work too well. Granted, entertainment is about suspension of disbelief, but even at that, too large easily breaks the illusion, and there's nothing wrong with smaller "attributes," it's all about proportion.

True, but also several Manga and Anime artist have said that a lot of their characters aren't really meant to have large breast and everything. I mean, look at guys in anime and such as well they are always jacked with strong chin lines and so on as well, so it goes both ways. But yeah having a standard set by a form of media is stupid.

Yeah, that's pretty true. Typically the "average" looking characters are comic relief or useless tag-alongs. The heroes and go-getters are always super buxom women or super muscular guys...it's the quintessential fanservice.

• Funny

Punkhead

High Speed God
Super Saiyan God
He's quite right, imagine trying to rock climb with beach balls stuck to your chest...wouldn't work too well. Granted, entertainment is about suspension of disbelief, but even at that, too large easily breaks the illusion, and there's nothing wrong with smaller "attributes," it's all about proportion.

Yeah, that's pretty true. Typically the "average" looking characters are comic relief or useless tag-alongs. The heroes and go-getters are always super buxom women or super muscular guys...it's the quintessential fanservice.
Right

It is, but sometimes people speak out about it. There was a anime, I forgot the name of, but like everyone was pretty average looking and by that I mean they looked real. Later on in the series the main female heroine got a huge makeover. She went from being smart and quick witted to pretty much you stereotypical blonde, and had a athletic type body to over athletic with huge breast, and once the anime was over the guy who had wrote both the anime and manga spoke about how he was forced to do the changes because of fanservice, which drove away some of diehard fans ironically enough. SO fanservice can backfire.

• Agree
Reactions: Super Kami Guru

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
Right

It is, but sometimes people speak out about it. There was a anime, I forgot the name of, but like everyone was pretty average looking and by that I mean they looked real. Later on in the series the main female heroine got a huge makeover. She went from being smart and quick witted to pretty much you stereotypical blonde, and had a athletic type body to over athletic with huge breast, and once the anime was over the guy who had wrote both the anime and manga spoke about how he was forced to do the changes because of fanservice, which drove away some of diehard fans ironically enough. SO fanservice can backfire.
Totally understandable, particularly when a character is already so well established. People hate change, so changing a main character in such a huge way is highly likely to backfire. It's like what's happened to Goku in Super, except they didn't give him huge breasts...yet...

• Funny
Reactions: Beerus and Punkhead
  • :)
  • :shock3:
  • :ssgrin:
  • :stop2:
  • :tasty:
  • :thinking:
  • :what:
  • :yes:
  • :stinky:
  • :9000: