Video Games The Last of Us II

LividJay

Meh
Super Saiyan God
Back on topic...I started playing TLOU II yesterday. It definitely does not have the same feel as the first game. It also is way more violent and there's already been a few times where my heart was racing. It actually kind of reminds me of around Season 5 of The Walking Dead when a certain character shows up. Yeah, they're really beating inclusivity over the head with this game, but I'm enjoying it so far - when they're not crushing my soul with sad shit, that is.

Reactions: India Actual

India Actual

Super Civil Servant Blue
Super Saiyan Blue
Back on topic...I started playing TLOU II yesterday. It definitely does not have the same feel as the first game. It also is way more violent and there's already been a few times where my heart was racing. It actually kind of reminds me of around Season 5 of The Walking Dead when a certain character shows up. Yeah, they're really beating inclusivity over the head with this game, but I'm enjoying it so far - when they're not crushing my soul with sad shit, that is.
I've been playing it as well and I concur with Livid's assessment that the tone is completely different. It's just a non-stop hateful revenge story. Like I got angry at a certain part of the game and I'm still kind of angry. I think I need to shank some more people in the neck.

Reactions: LividJay

LividJay

Meh
Super Saiyan God
I've been playing it as well and I concur with Livid's assessment that the tone is completely different. It's just a non-stop hateful revenge story. Like I got angry at a certain part of the game and I'm still kind of angry. I think I need to shank some more people in the neck.
My feelz :eek: >:( :crying:during the event that caused it all.

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
I know there were some people out there pissed over the characters being lesbians. If the characters are done right, the sexuality of said characters doesn't matter.

I remember watching the PS presentation for the game the first time they showed it and the guys watching were not sure how to react. If it was 2007, guys would have been whistling and getting hyped but now they don't know how to act. If you enjoy characters being lesbians too much, you are a sexist and pig. If you don't enjoy them enough you are a sexist and a pig. 2020 is such a confusing place.

Either way, I know there is a part that is pissing most people off and I can see why but I won't spoil nuffin for you guys.

LividJay

Meh
Super Saiyan God
It's not pride flag in your face lesbianism or for the sake of it lesbianism. It's just two people who like each other. Very natural.

Reactions: Beerus

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
It's not pride flag in your face lesbianism or for the sake of it lesbianism. It's just two people who like each other. Very natural.
Yeah that is what I gathered from watching the playthroughs. I was talking about the presentation before anyone got to play the game. People were not sure how to react to it.

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
This is pretty much what I was hoping to hear about the the game. TLOU is about the feelings, the sadness and more, that TLOU II seems to be doubling down on that is good news, IMO, so I'm looking forward to picking it up and giving it a go.

I know there were some people out there pissed over the characters being lesbians. If the characters are done right, the sexuality of said characters doesn't matter.

I remember watching the PS presentation for the game the first time they showed it and the guys watching were not sure how to react. If it was 2007, guys would have been whistling and getting hyped but now they don't know how to act. If you enjoy characters being lesbians too much, you are a sexist and pig. If you don't enjoy them enough you are a sexist and a pig. 2020 is such a confusing place.

Either way, I know there is a part that is pissing most people off and I can see why but I won't spoil nuffin for you guys.

It's easier to gloss over the sexuality aspects for on-camera presenters, but even that's likely to get them into trouble, because I suppose the expected response by the 'woke' crowd is a "you go girls" and a resounding endorsement of female empowerment and LGBTQ+ rights. You can't just be a presenter anymore, you've got to be super pc and advocating...gone are the days of personality.

• Agree
Reactions: Beerus and LividJay

LividJay

Meh
Super Saiyan God
This is pretty much what I was hoping to hear about the the game. TLOU is about the feelings, the sadness and more, that TLOU II seems to be doubling down on that is good news, IMO, so I'm looking forward to picking it up and giving it a go.
I'd bet you'll enjoy it. I'm really enjoying the mechanics of the game, too. You can do things that I don't remember being able to do in the first game, such as breaking windows with bricks to get into rooms. On that note, it also resembles Resident Evil in the aspect of some small puzzles (maybe bigger ones, too, I haven't gotten that far yet).

Note: spoiler above is only relating to one thing you can do to get into locked rooms. Not a story-line spoiler.

Reactions: Super Kami Guru

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
I'd bet you'll enjoy it. I'm really enjoying the mechanics of the game, too. You can do things that I don't remember being able to do in the first game, such as breaking windows with bricks to get into rooms. On that note, it also resembles Resident Evil in the aspect of some small puzzles (maybe bigger ones, too, I haven't gotten that far yet).

Note: spoiler above is only relating to one thing you can do to get into locked rooms. Not a story-line spoiler.
I like the sound of that! In the first one you're right, bricks were just for distractions or sneak attacks, basically, so having them useful for entering rooms is a nice extra mechanic! Looking forward to giving it a go when I do eventually get around to picking it up, and glad the majority of the reviews are proving to mostly just be resistance to change.

Carnotaurus

Roar!
Super Saiyan
A lot of people have been complaining over the years that games are too hard today. I grew up playing video games that were HARD and even the ones without easy modes today are still too easy so I don't know where the complaints are even coming from. A video game should be challenging. At least to me.

Pffff snowflakes... Gaming in the 90s and 00s was like this, you could have gotten far into a certain level and if you died you had to start all over, sometimes the whole game. Plus there were hardly any indications so you had to explore around to have a clue what's happening. Why are gamers today so damn bitchy?

Speaking of which, have you seen recent news? Apparently not only the producers and devs have received death threats from fans, but voice actors too. Have the gamers gotten freaking psychotic nowadays? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've hardly seen anything like this before. Death threats for a fucking game. There are good games, great games, bad games, but they're all games. I know what disappointment feels like, I've been waiting for so long for GoT and it was shit. Star Wars Last Jedi got me literally falling asleep in the cinema. But c'mon. You don't like the game, get a refund. Or sign a petition to change it. Or don't buy. Or simply get over it. It's not like your family died or anything.

I like gaming myself and don't like stereotypes but damn, to those kind of people I'd say go away from the computer and get a fucking life.

• Agree

India Actual

Super Civil Servant Blue
Super Saiyan Blue
Pffff snowflakes... Gaming in the 90s and 00s was like this, you could have gotten far into a certain level and if you died you had to start all over, sometimes the whole game. Plus there were hardly any indications so you had to explore around to have a clue what's happening. Why are gamers today so damn bitchy?

Speaking of which, have you seen recent news? Apparently not only the producers and devs have received death threats from fans, but voice actors too. Have the gamers gotten freaking psychotic nowadays? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've hardly seen anything like this before. Death threats for a fucking game. There are good games, great games, bad games, but they're all games. I know what disappointment feels like, I've been waiting for so long for GoT and it was shit. Star Wars Last Jedi got me literally falling asleep in the cinema. But c'mon. You don't like the game, get a refund. Or sign a petition to change it. Or don't buy. Or simply get over it. It's not like your family died or anything.

I like gaming myself and don't like stereotypes but damn, to those kind of people I'd say go away from the computer and get a fucking life.
To keep it concise, we've bred an entire generation of entitled pussies who think the world owes them everything their parents promised them. When their dreams, ideals, or aspirations are crushed they have zero coping skills and lash out at the world. If late millennials or gen Z played Mario Bros and got to the end of the game just to lose their last life before the final castle, I truly believe they would either commit suicide or go on a shooting spree. Me? I just spiked my NES controller into the ground and cursed, a lot. Then mom gave me some grape Kool-aid and a pack of dunk-a-roos and made it better. :LOL:

LividJay

Meh
Super Saiyan God
Apparently not only the producers and devs have received death threats from fans, but voice actors too.
I can't help but believe a good majority of these are coming from Internet trolls, but definitely not all of them.

So many people today are just a joke. Case in point:
wahhhhhh.jpg

• Agree

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
I just spiked my NES controller into the ground and cursed, a lot.
I had a few controller throwing moments. One time I threw it at the TV. Can you imagine doing that today? Both the TV and the controller would break... Which ironically sums up the fragility of the world today. lol

• Agree
Reactions: Super Kami Guru

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
Look at testing in schools to see what's happening to people. Can't pass the standardized tests? Don't study harder, we'll just dumb the tests down...so it is with games. Make them easier to get through.

• :)
  • :shock3:
  • :ssgrin:
  • :stop2:
  • :tasty:
  • :thinking:
  • :what:
  • :yes:
  • :stinky:
  • :9000:
  • :beer:
  • :coke: