The Zelda Social

Kid Goku

Enjoy the new Chapter 3 of Videospiel-Man!
Super Saiyan 4
ive noticed a lack of any Broad Zelda Threads so ive decided to make A Zelda Social!
1200px-HWL_Toon_Link_Artwork.png
1200px-HWL_Toon_Zelda_Artwork.png
latest
Impa_Hyrule_Warriors.png

Lets GO!

Reactions: Yoshi

Yoshi

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan God
What is your favorite Zelda game?
1. Ocarina Of Time - My favorite Zelda game AND my favorite video game of all time. Playing this and Majora's Mask on the 3DS made me realize how much they both stood out compared to other Zelda titles and even other 3D Zelda titles. This game is also even darker than Twilight Princess which is rated Teen, probably due to Twilight Princess's appearance in the game rather than the atmosphere at times like in Ocarina Of Time. I love the inclusion of the child and adult timelines, and how the story sets you up as the chosen one going on this serious quest to defeat the final villain. I know it's cliche but no other game I've played has done this and executed it as well as Ocarina Of Time did, which makes it all the more epic.

2. Majora's Mask - My second favorite Zelda game AND my second favorite video game of all time. This game is the darkest Zelda game out there, and there's a bleak atmosphere throughout the third day and especially the final hours. There's also a lot of sidequests and it lets you get to know all of the Termina citizens as well, and even if they're just the same characters in Ocarina Of Time, just in an alternate universe where you have no real connection to, you can really relate to their backstories. The Anju & Kafei sidequest for example is the best sidequest I've ever experienced in a video game.

3. Wind Waker - This game has the best story of any game I've ever played. This Link is just an underdog who becomes a legend, Tetra is anything but another Zelda clone, and Ganondorf is at his best here in character development. The King Of Red Lions, or Daphnes Nohansen Hyrule, the King Of Hyrule, is also a great character. The ocean in this game is quite vast and has many secrets to uncover as well. I just loved exploring every island, mapping the entire thing, and getting all of the treasure charts and finding all of the treasure.

4. Twilight Princess - I feel like this is when Zelda becomes more cinematic, although that isn't a bad thing. The inclusion of Twilight and the Twilight Realm made this game aesthetically dark, and when you add in the dark shaded graphics, it works perfectly for this game. With that said, as opposed to Ocarina Of Time and Majora's Mask, which pull off dark themes near perfectly, Twilight Princess can try too hard to be dark at times. More positives include the overworld itself, which is just as vast as Wind Waker's except with far less water, as well as the combat system, with it being the best in this Zelda game than any other, and Midna and Zant are both awesome characters.

5. Skyward Sword - This game is cinematic just like Twilight Princess. Groose is the best Zelda character I've witnessed in the franchise, and Link and Zelda's relationship is the best here than any other Zelda title. I feel like the characters and their relationships are at its peak in this Zelda game in general, actually. I do feel like this is where the 3D Zelda games start to show decline in quality, however. For example, I feel like the overworld is lacking compared to ones like Twilight Princess, and the sky islands are less interesting than Wind Waker's islands. Nonetheless, this is still a solid Zelda game and I would recommend newcomers to Zelda play OOT, MM, WW, TP, and SS to get a complete Zelda experience.

6. Breath Of The Wild - Great video game, bad 3D Zelda title. I feel like they changed too much, like the overworld is far bigger than Wind Waker's and Twilight Princess' but the dungeons, or shrines, are far smaller here, and the dungeons that aren't shrines are fewer than Majora's Mask's dungeons. The items and equipment are also less interesting, with many of them breaking after a certain point as well. Definitely the weakest 3D Zelda game, but still noticeably superior to the 2D Zelda titles.

7. A Link To The Past - A true classic and the best 2D Zelda game ever, including compared to the 2019 Link's Awakening remake. This game is quite underrated, as I hardly see any praise for it these days, even compared to other 2D Zelda games. The difficulty, dungeons, and length are all the best in this game than any other Zelda game.

8. Link's Awakening - This is a very good 2D Zelda game, especially for its time. I actually like how it's another canon side story Zelda title like Majora's Mask, and I love the romance with Link and Marin because it's unlike anything you see in any other Zelda game. If you want to get into a 2D Zelda game, I strongly recommend the 2019 remake of this game. I might like A Link To The Past better, but it'll be easier to get into 2D Zelda games by starting with the 2019 remake.

9. Oracle Of Ages - I feel like this is almost objectively better than Oracle Of Seasons even though I like that game too. For one thing, Labrynna is not a rip off of the map in the original Legend Of Zelda game like Holodrum is. Another is that the story is superior, and Veran is a much better main villain than Onox is.

10. Oracle Of Seasons - Inferior to Ages in almost every way. One thing it has on Ages though is that Subrosia is a very interesting inclusion to the game, and I also like the Natzu terrains more than Nuun terrains.

11. Minish Cap - I feel like this is a decent game. I like how you have ties to the royal family in this game, and the Minish were a cool race in the Zelda universe. Elzo is a good sidekick character, but Vaati is not a good villain. I actually feel like the game could have been more interesting without Kinstone pieces, which I feel is a tedious sidequest, as well.

12. Phantom Hourglass - The free roaming adventure of Wind Waker was scrapped in place of the gimmick loading screens between islands and stations in Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks, and the dungeons are also worse in these games than in Wind Waker. Phantom Hourglass is not a bad game though, Linebeck is a great character, and the islands themselves are bigger and more interesting than in Wind Waker.

13. Spirit Tracks - What could have made this game more interesting is rather than getting to explore an open world, you're restricted to trains and railroads. This game has the best incarnation of Zelda though, and traveling on a train itself in this game is actually more enjoyable than traveling from island to island in Phantom Hourglass. Like Phantom Hourglass, this isn't a bad game, either.

14. A Link Between Worlds - I feel like this either should have been an 3D remake of A Link To The Past, or just a game taking place thousands of years after it with a different Hyrule rather than a spiritual successor. I also feel like this game is too short. I do like the use of items in this game though and completing the dungeons in whatever order you want to.

15. The Legend Of Zelda - This is getting into the territory of Zelda games I dislike. There's little to no real sidequests in this game, and while people who give this game praise say there's so much to explore, I could find better secrets in later Zelda titles than this one. Still noticeably better than Adventure Of Link.

16. The Adventure Of Link - I'll give this game credit where it's due because it's the only side scrolling Zelda game. However, the three lives system alone makes this inferior to and aged even worse than The Legend Of Zelda, even if it being the hardest Zelda game is also one of its strongest points.

17. Four Swords - Definitely a fun game, it's too bad it has to be played with more than one player. There's no real story either other than beating Vaati yet again.

18. Four Swords Adventures - This game feels like it's a rip off of A Link To The Past in some ways, with it being vastly inferior to it as well. The levels and gameplay are just not something you should see in a Zelda game, as well.

19. Triforce Heroes - This is the only game in the franchise where I think it's not only just a bad Zelda game, it's just a bad game in general. I don't have anything else to say other than this.

Reactions: Beerus

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
Ocarina Of Time - My favorite Zelda game AND my favorite video game of all time.
This is the one game that I played several times as a kid and enjoyed it each time. I don't know what it was about the game but I really loved it. From my childhood, this is probably my favorite game. As I got older and got more into PC gaming, the Sims and Rollercoaster Tycoon moved in. I prefer sandbox and creative style games way more than story games like Zelda now but Ocarina of Time is still my favorite OG game. Up there with it is Donkey Kong Country 2.

Kid Goku

Super Saiyan 4
What is your favorite Zelda game?
Eventho this is my thread my hands hurt so im brief:

Its probably Links Awekening!
Its Short sweet and easily Replayable! The story is a Big Plus too its not too word Heavy but effective everytime!
It also the only Zelda game i played with a Challenge that being the Green Tunic and L-1 Sword Challenge (not on Hero Mode)
And the Remakes Smoother Version of link also is my profile pic on any Non Db Related sites! (im known as Oracle Link there!)

Other Favourites are:
Ocarina of Time 3d
Also one of my most replayed Zeldas although the N64 Version is too slow and Ugly to be on my favourites list!
Majoras mask 64/3d
Considering that mm is prettoer than oot and that the remake adds the *+&%ing race sewgment in the Moon i would have gotten Fierce deity without it! i like the fact that you can replay everything in the game by the Way! (not that much into the day planning tho i just reset the time a lot!)

All other handheld games asside from PH and ST are only missing from my Favourites because theyre too hard for me to beat them fully! (i mean Mc vaati and the oracle bosses are just unfair!) I like everything else about them and theyre the most Nostalgic Zeldas to me and i hate it that nintendo ignires them! ALBW was beaten by me i just think its just a bit too recycled!

Personally i have to be defensive for Fourswords 1 + 2 comparing them too the others is just unfair especialy Four swords 1 is just a side mode while Adventure has amazing polish true its similar to Link to the past (especialy in the dark world area) but there is so much cool stuff like the chain and ball knights destroy Houses in one level
But to be fair i didnt Play it so i guess i cant judge it yet!

New Zelda games i wish would come out are:
Another Traditional 2d/ 3d Zelda! (i hope thatr happens at some point again)
Remakes of the Oracle Games (i mean it just seems like a waste now that they already made so much for Links awekening)
A Zelda maker (come on nintendo do it and not just a dungeon maker i wanna make a overworld too!)
And lastly a Zelda smash spinoff (that seems to be the only chance there is to get a new Zelda smash char Damn Third Partys!)

Reactions: Beerus

Kid Goku

Super Saiyan 4
The stuff that fs me up the most about Zelda is that they dont really have any plushes, figures, actionfigures of anyone that isnt Zelda or Link
like give me a (easy accsesible) Action figure line like how you did with Mario and pokemon! I wanna be able to play zelda in real life without overstretching my imatination with lego! (also i have barely any lefgo monsters asside from derpy skelys) give me Of course Link too but his Gameboy/switch remake version, give me a young zelda, some Moblins or heck ill take Bokblins too, Octorocks, Ganondorf, Goron, zoras maybe tingle or Beedle as shopkeps with all important Zelda items and to top it of Gohma, Dodongo and Ganon as ginourmus Beasts and make the Figs Good lokin, Sturdy and for gods sake give link more legoy hand it isnt that much fun changing his equipment otherwise!

Yoshi

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan God
The stuff that fs me up the most about Zelda is that they dont really have any plushes, figures, actionfigures of anyone that isnt Zelda or Link
like give me a (easy accsesible) Action figure line like how you did with Mario and pokemon! I wanna be able to play zelda in real life without overstretching my imatination with lego! (also i have barely any lefgo monsters asside from derpy skelys) give me Of course Link too but his Gameboy/switch remake version, give me a young zelda, some Moblins or heck ill take Bokblins too, Octorocks, Ganondorf, Goron, zoras maybe tingle or Beedle as shopkeps with all important Zelda items and to top it of Gohma, Dodongo and Ganon as ginourmus Beasts and make the Figs Good lokin, Sturdy and for gods sake give link more legoy hand it isnt that much fun changing his equipment otherwise!
I think that's because it has a smaller fanbase than Mario and Pokemon.

Giga Hertz

The beauty of grace is that it makes life not fair
Super Saiyan God
I own a large chunk of the Zelda games, and in some cases multiple versions... and the only one I've ever finished is Oracle of Seasons - and I think that was three times.

Giga Hertz

The beauty of grace is that it makes life not fair
Super Saiyan God
Have you ever played Oracle Of Ages?
I've started it a couple of times but never finished it. The furthest I got in that was with the Goron games.

I'm holding out hope that they remake them for Switch.

Kid Goku

Super Saiyan 4
I've started it a couple of times but never finished it. The furthest I got in that was with the Goron games.

I'm holding out hope that they remake them for Switch.
I only played them as a child so i only got to Tokay island by myself although thanks to my mom i was able to see all of the Game!

Yoshi

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan God
I did i never finnished it tho the Capcom Zeldas are really hard after all!
Still even tho i never beat them the oracle games are just so important to me!
Which is your favorite? Oracle Of Ages or Oracle Of Seasons?

• :)
  • :shock3:
  • :ssgrin:
  • :stop2:
  • :tasty:
  • :thinking:
  • :what:
  • :yes:
  • :stinky:
  • :9000:
  • :beer:
  • :coke: