SPOILER! There is a timeline where Cell awakens 2 years after Goku leaves with Uub

Laughing Moon

Saiyan Grunt
Cell is born in Age 786 in all timelines except the "main" timeline where Krillin killed him in Gero's lab (lol isn't that awesome? Way to go Krillin for a major boss kill). And there is one timeline, the timeline the original Trunks first travels to, where Cell is never discovered.

There's no telling what happens in a timeline where the Cell games don't happen; would the Saiyans have SS2 by the time Babidi arrives? Would Goku have SS3? Would the Saiyans be more cautious if they didn't have 2nd and 3rd tier transformations up their sleeve; ie maybe Majin Buu is never released, Goku never learns fusion from the afterlife, and all sorts of things might happen differently. Caveat: if Buu is never released, Uub is never born and Goku never gets that last-second energy when fighting Moro. So it's better for the timeline if he awakens.

That said, assuming everyone survives up until Beerus arrives, it's likely BoG -> U6 tournament events would go mostly the same. Godly ki is introduced and SSG/SSB/UI/UE are on the table. Granolah makes his wish regardless of what happens on Earth, Moro breaks out of prison all the same, and Frieza is revived to find Broly all the same. Biggest difference might be that Goku & Vegeta need potara fusion or Goku goes UI to beat Broly. I think the timelines snap into a status quo as best they can, especially considering how Saiyans evolve by necessity.

So even in this timeline, Goku would meet Uub and everything else should be the same. That is, until Cell awakens. He'll do his normal thing... silently eat people until his power grows sufficiently high enough to absorb 17 & 18. Maybe travel to different worlds with weaker guardians. It's possible that the androids of this timeline were saved after being defeated, via the Dragon Balls. Maybe Krillin can't get over 18 and one day asks Goku if he can revive them, after Goku is strong enough to beat them without the shutdown remote.

Regardless of the state of 17 & 18, alive or dead, Cell is a most cunning creature. He would gather intelligence and plot his moves accordingly. Anything he can't do on his own may call for collecting Dragon Balls. Even without transforming, he's still a planet-tier threat who could manipulate even the Super Dragon Balls with relative ease. If he reaches Perfect form without them, even better! Maybe 17 & 18 both mysteriously vanish one after the other... with Android 17's astronomical growth since the ToP, maybe 18 would be the more reasonable target. Cell does his thing and eventually he's got power in the league of gods. He acquires 17 & 18 memories of Frieza's golden form, and with that he unlocks his OWN ultimate form. Naturally he would still go into hiding even after absorbing them... slowly scaling up the competition, training up to Goku's level.

Maybe with data of Goku's progress Cell is motivated to evolve beyond him... Cell is a being capable of rapid evolution. There's no telling what he could do with a "second chance". Maybe timeline shenanigans would start all over again, and the "main" timeline collides with this one.

I'll be honest I'm not very faithful of Super's writing to do anything remarkable... not that the recent arcs have been bad either, but since I have such low expectations, I'm always pleasantly surprised when it's good. That's not something to be proud of though. We are the fanbase... the creators should be fan-servicing us in the way we truly WANT. Good writing, deep lore, logical conclusions of past events culminating in the future as we saw with Goku defeating the Red Ribbon Army and thus causing Gero to make Cell and the androids to begin with... thus causing this painful loop of time travel.

Maybe THIS is what sets Beerus and Whis over the edge, and forces Beerus to say "Bulma is too dangerous. If her mind, or her technology, falls into the wrong hands, then the Omniking is eventually going to crack down on it. He'll tell me to destroy the problem or be erased myself. And if the problem gets too big for me to handle, or YOU Goku and Vegeta become too strong for me to effectively, impartially do my job... then it may be that I have to destroy you NOW. Sorry Goku. Vegeta. Maybe you can defeat me and become God of Destruction. But then it will be YOU who has to answer to Lord Zeno." --- or something along those lines.

People act like Super doesn't really have consequences. There's always an obvious Deus Ex Machina looming in the background. But the truth is, the mortals of Universe 7 are breaking divine law because they can't find another way to handle their problems. And eventually that will fall on the heads of Beerus and Whis. They can try to steer the problem, but if something like this happens then it could force them to act. Their little "pet project" may need to come to a gruesome end.

Thoughts? What do you guys think? I love this series and I'm always inspired by storytellers like Saiyan Scholar on Youtube, to deliver my own take. I don't want to write fan fiction or do my own youtube channel or anything either... I just want to get these ideas out there. Maybe someday I can enjoy them for real. Maybe the writers come up with something better.

Last edited:
Reactions: Beerus

Kid Goku

Enjoy the new Chapter 3 of Videospiel-Man!
Super Saiyan 4
So this post doesnt belong here i got spoiled by reading it!
Posts that refrence the Morro and Granolah Stuff need to go into the Manga Portion!

Laughing Moon

Saiyan Grunt
So this post doesnt belong here i got spoiled by reading it!
Posts that refrence the Morro and Granolah Stuff need to go into the Manga Portion!
Oh my bad. I had no idea, I thought the manga forum was just the original DB run up until Kid Buu. It didn't click to me that Super manga stuff wouldn't go in the Super forum, but the manga forum. Can a mod move this thread? I just read the rules and I now understand the forum's sensitivity regarding spoilers for content that hasn't crossed language or media boundaries yet. I was a bit too eager to share my thoughts and curiosity about this subject.

Last edited:

Kid Goku

Super Saiyan 4
Oh my bad. I had no idea, I thought the manga forum was just the original DB run up until Kid Buu. It didn't click to me that Super manga stuff wouldn't go in the Super forum, but the manga forum. Can a mod move this thread? I just read the rules and I now understand the forum's sensitivity regarding spoilers for content that hasn't crossed language or media boundaries yet. I was a bit too eager to share my thoughts and curiosity about this subject.
Dont worry everyone makes mistakes Maybe we should make it more obvious where stuff like this goes!

Reactions: Laughing Moon

Kid Goku

Super Saiyan 4
Also yeah if you want to get a Mod you should ask Beerus shes the most active mod on this forum!

Yoshi

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan God
Just imagine if Krillin and Trunks forgot to kill Present Cell. I wonder if he would end up absorbing #17 and #18 just like Future Cell did and if so, how powerful would he be? Would this have been the final Saga in the Manga and would Oob have been the one to save the Earth this time? I love what if scenarios in Dragon Ball.

• :)
  • :shock3:
  • :ssgrin:
  • :stop2:
  • :tasty:
  • :thinking:
  • :what:
  • :yes:
  • :stinky:
  • :9000:
  • :beer:
  • :coke: