YouTube There is more to fear than just TikTok...

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
I never did that, but I had some friends of...questionable intelligence...and they used to turn them upside down and spray each others' bare skin with the freezing spray. Seemed like they had fun, but no thanks!
I hung out with my cousin growing up and she loved skater boys. The skater boys were all doing duster so needless to say, I got roped into it. Thankfully, I only did it 2 times. I don't think it did her any favors though, she was book smart but very street stupid.

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
I hung out with my cousin growing up and she loved skater boys. The skater boys were all doing duster so needless to say, I got roped into it. Thankfully, I only did it 2 times. I don't think it did her any favors though, she was book smart but very street stupid.
Yeah, understandable. One of those things that everyone was doing because it was untraceable, so just about everyone was into it. It can really do some damage if you get too into it, though, so like most other things I just stayed away. I had some issues with morphine when I was 14-ish after having surgery, and that took a pretty big toll, so I get what it's like, and it put me off trying just about anything else. Hell, these days if I have surgery I almost always turn down the pain killers afterwards just because I don't want to risk that again. Duster use started about that same sort of time, and I just wanted nothing to do with it. Scary what some people were trying just to find a high!

• Agree
Reactions: Beerus

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
Yeah, understandable. One of those things that everyone was doing because it was untraceable, so just about everyone was into it. It can really do some damage if you get too into it, though, so like most other things I just stayed away. I had some issues with morphine when I was 14-ish after having surgery, and that took a pretty big toll, so I get what it's like, and it put me off trying just about anything else. Hell, these days if I have surgery I almost always turn down the pain killers afterwards just because I don't want to risk that again. Duster use started about that same sort of time, and I just wanted nothing to do with it. Scary what some people were trying just to find a high!
I didn't think anything of it in the moment but reality kicked in for me when I found out someone died from it. It seems like every few years a new trend pops up where teens are using something to get high. Remember robo-tripping? When people would overdose on Robitussin cough syrup and trip balls? Then we had people licking frogs, sniffing their own crap (no joke), bath salts....

I get the impression that teens and young adults are so desperate to feel something from like that they turn to this stuff hoping it makes their life and themselves more interesting.

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
I didn't think anything of it in the moment but reality kicked in for me when I found out someone died from it. It seems like every few years a new trend pops up where teens are using something to get high. Remember robo-tripping? When people would overdose on Robitussin cough syrup and trip balls? Then we had people licking frogs, sniffing their own crap (no joke), bath salts....

I get the impression that teens and young adults are so desperate to feel something from like that they turn to this stuff hoping it makes their life and themselves more interesting.
Oh yeah, definitely. People were trying just about anything to get that high back then. People thinking they were being casual while buying whole cases of computer duster, then turning to literally any aerosol, and buying case loads of sudafed for the ephedrine inside of it, then paint thinner, huffing permanent markers, and it just keeps going on and on and on. No end to people trying anything and everything. Seems like a fun thing to do at the time until someone gets seriously damaged or dies from it.

Peer pressure and people looking to chase a fake high because they haven't got something in their lives to make them feel good. It's a shame, and it results in really bad addictions or really bad health problems when what they really need is a connection with someone to give them something to focus on.

• Agree
Reactions: Beerus
  • :)
  • :shock3:
  • :ssgrin:
  • :stop2:
  • :tasty:
  • :thinking:
  • :what:
  • :yes:
  • :stinky:
  • :9000: