Dragon Ball Super Things Dragon Ball Super DOES BETTER than Z.

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
Screwing over Vegeta. That is not meant to be silly either, that is the first thing I thought of. I mean they made the dude look like he became weak or something and really axed his personality which didn't come out until the ToP. In Z he was consistently strong and moving and had growth. That is not to say we didn't see any growth in Super, it was just a lot slower.

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
Might be a given, but animation. Goku black saga hit different, and don't even get me started on ToP. Goku going UI for the first time was insane.
I can't make up my mind on the animation, personally. I grew up on DB and DBZ, so...that's the animation style I love the most. I don't dislike Super, it's grown on me by a great deal, but...is it better than DB and Z? I can't make up my mind on that one.

mundomania

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan 2
I can't make up my mind on the animation, personally. I grew up on DB and DBZ, so...that's the animation style I love the most. I don't dislike Super, it's grown on me by a great deal, but...is it better than DB and Z? I can't make up my mind on that one.
I think DBZ is a more iconic look for dragon ball, but I feel like super captures the essence of fights better, if that makes sense.

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
I know what you mean. The overall style of DB/DBZ is more appealing but they can really highlight the fights better and make them look more impactful now. Which is necessary since they did away with the blood.

mundomania

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan 2
I know what you mean. The overall style of DB/DBZ is more appealing but they can really highlight the fights better and make them look more impactful now. Which is necessary since they did away with the blood.
Exactly. Though, there are points where it's taken too far, like the 3D modelling in super Broly. That straight sucked.

LividJay

Meh
Super Saiyan God
There's actually some really strong, female characters in it.
This is such a nice change of pace. I had brought it up in another thread before, but I would love to have a spin-off that focuses on another universe or something...and then we could let another character (maybe one of the females) take the lead.

India Actual

Super Civil Servant Blue
Super Saiyan Blue
This is such a nice change of pace. I had brought it up in another thread before, but I would love to have a spin-off that focuses on another universe or something...and then we could let another character (maybe one of the females) take the lead.
Caulifla and Cabba arguing with each other all the time could carry a show.

Reactions: mundomania

mundomania

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan 2
It would be very nice if they took a break from the whole goku and vegeta powering up phases, a new direction would be interesting. It would be cool to see how these other characters would develop as well, ad opposed to goku who just stays the same all the way. We could see some actual character development from the main character.

Mustafar Reginald

Elite Saiyan Warrior

If Naotoshi Shida was handled the animation, Super blows away anything in Z. His first scene especially I still remember being blown away by, I couldn't believe we were getting this amount of fluidity and dynamic camera work on Super. That's because quite the series isn't anything special animation-wise outside of those scenes, especially early on. I'd still say it's better than Z, but I honestly recall Z having noteworthy animation. Not to say it's bad, and I do prefer the artstyle itself, but in terms of actual animation, it was pretty standard fare.

I'd also agree with it having more fanservice and better world building but the rest mentioned in this thread I'm kind of iffy on. I mostly agree that it characterizes the villains better, at least with Zamasu but then there's big boring Jiren who probably has the flattest character of any major antagonist. I honestly prefer how females were used in Z too. Sure Caulifa and Kale are stronger than the ones in Z, but I had way more fun with 18 and Videl in Z than I did with them. And granted this might be because of the very ending of Z, but domesticated housewife Videl still bothers me. And the supporting cast sure does show up a lot more in Super, but they sure don't serve as much purpose as they did in Z. Take the ToP arc, most of the supporting cast is just there to fill space. The only ones who really matter where Goku, Vegeta, Frieza, and 17. And Gohan and Roshi but only in the manga because the anime thought Gohan's moment should've belong to Goku (to be fair, there's a track record there) and Roshi's was removed because . . . I don't know they thought just numbers going down was better.

• :)
  • :shock3:
  • :ssgrin:
  • :stop2:
  • :tasty:
  • :thinking:
  • :what:
  • :yes:
  • :stinky:
  • :9000:
  • :beer:
  • :coke: