YouTube Thoughts on these "YouTube Scandals"?

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
I am normally not one to follow gossip and drama but between ProJared and James Charles, it seems like it was hard to ignore this time.

I don't know much about their one of them nor have I ever watched their videos. From my understanding, both were in positions of fame-driven power and used it to take advantage of people. ProJared cheated on his wife (the woman also cheated on her husband with ProJared) and he was sending and receiving NSFW pictures to both aged and underage gals. James, on the other hand, went behind one of his closest friend's back (she is responsible for his fame) and did some shady business deal. On top of this, he would use his star power as well to try to turn straight guys gay. There are rumors of him making threats and trapping men but exploiting their sexuality.

Needless to say, this is a mess. I feel like the bigger issue here is within the fan community. There are a lot of people out there that will allow these "famous people" to get away with nasty behavior just because they are well known and that is not okay.

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
I'm not a big follower of most YouTubers or their YouTube drama, but I have heard of these situations and it's a bit ridiculous that people have reached the point where people can be "YouTube Famous" enough to exploit that fame. I mean, I know guys like Linus Tech Tips joke about it during the Scrapyard Wars series, so they don't gain an unfair advantage while buying components, but to be "famous" enough that you can do legitimate damage to people. It's pathetic that they would do that in first place, and I hope that if they have indeed done the things they are being accused of that they lose their following and, where appropriate, are prosecuted for it. Being "famous" is not an excuse for bypassing the law or acting like an idiot. Just because a portion of your followers might encourage or approve of such things, and blindly defend anything you do, does not actually make you infallible. Take some responsibility, own up to what you've done, and face the music for it. Then grow as a person and move on.

• Agree
Reactions: Beerus

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
I'm not a big follower of most YouTubers or their YouTube drama, but I have heard of these situations and it's a bit ridiculous that people have reached the point where people can be "YouTube Famous" enough to exploit that fame. I mean, I know guys like Linus Tech Tips joke about it during the Scrapyard Wars series, so they don't gain an unfair advantage while buying components, but to be "famous" enough that you can do legitimate damage to people. It's pathetic that they would do that in first place, and I hope that if they have indeed done the things they are being accused of that they lose their following and, where appropriate, are prosecuted for it. Being "famous" is not an excuse for bypassing the law or acting like an idiot. Just because a portion of your followers might encourage or approve of such things, and blindly defend anything you do, does not actually make you infallible. Take some responsibility, own up to what you've done, and face the music for it. Then grow as a person and move on.
It seems like some of them will only accept some responsibility if any at all. A lot of fans will say and do anything for these people and most of them know it. I feel bad for people who are in a position where they aren't having people say or do stupid things but then they get blamed for their fans, I think this has happened to Pewdiepie a number of times already. These ones are different though because they take part in the bad things happening. I never understood the mindset of being famous on YouTube and abusing people because "you can". I guess the James guy lost like 3 million subs and the Jared guy lost around 20% of his followers in a short amount of time.

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
It seems like some of them will only accept some responsibility if any at all. A lot of fans will say and do anything for these people and most of them know it. I feel bad for people who are in a position where they aren't having people say or do stupid things but then they get blamed for their fans, I think this has happened to Pewdiepie a number of times already. These ones are different though because they take part in the bad things happening. I never understood the mindset of being famous on YouTube and abusing people because "you can". I guess the James guy lost like 3 million subs and the Jared guy lost around 20% of his followers in a short amount of time.

That's a consequence they might pay attention to, which is good, but it's true, so long as their fanbase blindly defends them and encourages them to do as they please, these "famous" YouTubers will just keep getting more and more brazen and do more and more illegal or ethically dodgy things, and it's a very sorry state of affairs that they can reach this state.

Reactions: Beerus
  • :)
  • :shock3:
  • :ssgrin:
  • :stop2:
  • :tasty:
  • :thinking:
  • :what:
  • :yes:
  • :stinky:
  • :9000:
  • :beer: