SPOILER! Ultra Instinct & Angelic Law

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
I am going to post a bit up here first in order to keep the content from showing in the latest activity since it is a bit of spoiler content below. If you are not up to date with the manga or want to wait for the anime, best to just ignore this thread!

Anyway...

I don't know the finer details but I do know that Goku had to reach perfect UI in order to beat Moro. I am guessing this is where the "white hair" comes into play and he has the same color hair as the angels. I don't know the full details or anything but I did read a bit about "Angelic Law" and it would seem that Goku could get in trouble using this new form in the future.

Do you think it will be a one and done thing and they will move on from the UI transformation or will Goku continue to explore this power and eventually lead Vegeta to do the same?

I am kind of hoping Vegeta reaches his own next form that is different but still very powerful.

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
It'll be the next new thing, I'd wager. I'm not at all caught up on the anime or manga yet, but typically they love these new levels and use them more than just once. So I think we'll see Goku and eventually Vegeta exploring them as deeply as possible. If this were old school Vegeta, it'd be cool to see Goku matching "angelic" powers and Vegeta matching "demon" powers, to play on that theme, but this is new Vegeta, so I think we'll see him following and maybe even exceeding Goku once again.

Reactions: Beerus

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
It'll be the next new thing, I'd wager. I'm not at all caught up on the anime or manga yet, but typically they love these new levels and use them more than just once. So I think we'll see Goku and eventually Vegeta exploring them as deeply as possible. If this were old school Vegeta, it'd be cool to see Goku matching "angelic" powers and Vegeta matching "demon" powers, to play on that theme, but this is new Vegeta, so I think we'll see him following and maybe even exceeding Goku once again.
It is funny you bring that up. Vegeta had the whole "demon power" thing with Majin magic but at this point, I would say Vegeta is more of a hero than Goku himself. I wouldn't mind seeing Goku become a villain and have Vegeta be the one to stop him. Of course, if this were to happen, it would have to be similar to how they did Goku Black (Zamasu) but maybe having someone control the real Goku this time rather than just using his body.

• Agree
Reactions: Super Kami Guru

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
It is funny you bring that up. Vegeta had the whole "demon power" thing with Majin magic but at this point, I would say Vegeta is more of a hero than Goku himself. I wouldn't mind seeing Goku become a villain and have Vegeta be the one to stop him. Of course, if this were to happen, it would have to be similar to how they did Goku Black (Zamasu) but maybe having someone control the real Goku this time rather than just using his body.
That would be an amazing twist if it could ever happen. Goku being coerced into doing evil would just be fantastic, and the thought that it's Vegeta saving everyone from Goku would be the perfect turnabout to the original battle. I wish that would happen, but I don't see Goku ever being allowed to be evil.

• Agree

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
That would be an amazing twist if it could ever happen. Goku being coerced into doing evil would just be fantastic, and the thought that it's Vegeta saving everyone from Goku would be the perfect turnabout to the original battle. I wish that would happen, but I don't see Goku ever being allowed to be evil.
Yeah, he is their air-headed cash cow... :pissed:

Reactions: Super Kami Guru

India Actual

Super Civil Servant Blue
Super Saiyan Blue
So I'm all caught up with everything in the manga. It appears that the UI technique doesn't fall into the rules dictating Angelic behavior. They can teach it to others and seem to do so with their respective Gods of Destruction. The fallout from a specific character's actions has yet to come full circle and we'll have to wait until December to see if those questions get answered.

In regards to Vegeta, he has shown amazing potential with his new abilities that his path seems to be diverging from Goku's in a way he's becoming more technical and less brute strength. Goku still relies on raw power to fight and it's clear that Vegeta has grown immensely as a character. The arc would never have ended the way it did if Vegeta wasn't there. Also, a surprise bit of help from a character that goes all the way back to the Buu saga. ;)

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
It's not him. It was a very cool throwback to the Buu saga and provided some new lore to an old favorite. Check it out for yourself, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.
I see. I just spoiled chapter 66 for myself completely. I was too curious as to what you were talking about and now I see it. And now I am wondering where this will lead.

Tune in next time to Dragon Ball z----- Super!

India Actual

Super Civil Servant Blue
Super Saiyan Blue
I see. I just spoiled chapter 66 for myself completely. I was too curious as to what you were talking about and now I see it. And now I am wondering where this will lead.

Tune in next time to Dragon Ball z----- Super!
It's a good spoiler for yourself because it adds a lot to the lore and makes you think "Just what the hell does this mean for THAT character? So many possibilities!"

• Agree

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
It's a good spoiler for yourself because it adds a lot to the lore and makes you think "Just what the hell does this mean for THAT character? So many possibilities!"
The character having "divine" powers is interesting. That was not mentioned before but the way they wrote in it works.

India Actual

Super Civil Servant Blue
Super Saiyan Blue
The character having "divine" powers is interesting. That was not mentioned before but the way they wrote in it works.
They're definitely retconning things since BoG introduced god ki. In this instance it's a good thing and almost certainly means they're overwriting GT. They should take the Star Wars approach and cherry pick the good elements so they can introduced into the new continuity they're building. Imagine Baby but even crazier strong and still keeping the ability to infect people. Make him a multiversal threat where he goes after U6 Saiyans as well. That would be play out nicely in the present.

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
They're definitely retconning things since BoG introduced god ki. In this instance it's a good thing and almost certainly means they're overwriting GT. They should take the Star Wars approach and cherry pick the good elements so they can introduced into the new continuity they're building. Imagine Baby but even crazier strong and still keeping the ability to infect people. Make him a multiversal threat where he goes after U6 Saiyans as well. That would be play out nicely in the present.
They can have him start in U7 and then "spread the virus"... How fitting. LOL

I would like to see them make SS4 official to the franchise since they do use it for promotional content. Maybe it is something they learn how to do in U6. But hopefully, they do the approach I mentioned and have it be a stand-alone transformation. Like calling it Saiyan Primal so then going Super Saiyan Primal can be a thing.

• Agree
Reactions: India Actual

Mustafar Reginald

Elite Saiyan Warrior
So I'm all caught up with everything in the manga. It appears that the UI technique doesn't fall into the rules dictating Angelic behavior. They can teach it to others and seem to do so with their respective Gods of Destruction. The fallout from a specific character's actions has yet to come full circle and we'll have to wait until December to see if those questions get answered.

To add to this, even if Goku using it did break the rules, Zeno's like in love with him, Goku would be fine.

In regards to Vegeta, he has shown amazing potential with his new abilities that his path seems to be diverging from Goku's in a way he's becoming more technical and less brute strength. Goku still relies on raw power to fight and it's clear that Vegeta has grown immensely as a character. The arc would never have ended the way it did if Vegeta wasn't there. Also, a surprise bit of help from a character that goes all the way back to the Buu saga. ;)

That character appearing was amazing. The whole ending was awesome.

• :)
  • :shock3:
  • :ssgrin:
  • :stop2:
  • :tasty:
  • :thinking:
  • :what:
  • :yes:
  • :stinky:
  • :9000:
  • :beer:
  • :coke: