Want more Internet privacy? Post within

Jay

XOF
Admin
Online privacy works best the more people who seek it, a true herd immunity.

If you want to stop being spied on, let me know below what services you use and I'll suggest similar, privacy-focused alternatives. Web browsers, email providers, DNS, Android apps, anything at all.

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
I'm heading in the same direction, looking at more privacy-focused alternatives for everything. I'm failing in some respects, because I still use YT and Gmail (though I have and do use a Proton Mail account).

I'm getting there, though, I use Proton Mail as I said, I've got Brave going and looking at alternatives there, as well, I use 1.1.1.1 DNS, search through DuckDuckGo, have a Plex server that I'm building up the library on so I can also get away from Netflix, Hulu, etc. I'm failing a bit on Android, though, I use Flipboard for news, though I use Brave and Ghostery for browsing, and have Signal for messaging. I have social media accounts, but rarely use them, and even have alternatives for those (Mastodon to replace Twitter, for example).

Having said that, I'm more than happy to listen to any and all alternatives available for just about anything! I'm trying to keep myself as safe as possible these days, but I know I've got a ways to go yet.

Jay

XOF
Admin
I'm heading in the same direction, looking at more privacy-focused alternatives for everything. I'm failing in some respects, because I still use YT and Gmail (though I have and do use a Proton Mail account).

I'm getting there, though, I use Proton Mail as I said, I've got Brave going and looking at alternatives there, as well, I use 1.1.1.1 DNS, search through DuckDuckGo, have a Plex server that I'm building up the library on so I can also get away from Netflix, Hulu, etc. I'm failing a bit on Android, though, I use Flipboard for news, though I use Brave and Ghostery for browsing, and have Signal for messaging. I have social media accounts, but rarely use them, and even have alternatives for those (Mastodon to replace Twitter, for example).

Having said that, I'm more than happy to listen to any and all alternatives available for just about anything! I'm trying to keep myself as safe as possible these days, but I know I've got a ways to go yet.

YouTube has no viable alternative, we just have to live with that. I guess you could either not sign in or just disable watch history and hope Google honors that.

Brave is good. Two alternatives would be Iridium or ungoogled-chromium. I'd always recommend Cookie AutoDelete. Also, uBlock is amazing for blocking all 3rd party scripts and only whitelisting what you need on individual sites. Guide here. Decentraleyes is nice, too. You can also block some big tech entirely through the hosts file, especially useful to stop Facebook cookies following you around. Faking your canvas fingerprint is a good idea as well.

Signal (y)

Reactions: Super Kami Guru

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
YouTube has no viable alternative, we just have to live with that. I guess you could either not sign in or just disable watch history and hope Google honors that.

Brave is good. Two alternatives would be Iridium or ungoogled-chromium. I'd always recommend Cookie AutoDelete. Also, uBlock is amazing for blocking all 3rd party scripts and only whitelisting what you need on individual sites. Guide here. Decentraleyes is nice, too. You can also block some big tech entirely through the hosts file, especially useful to stop Facebook cookies following you around. Faking your canvas fingerprint is a good idea as well.

Signal (y)
uBlock is fantastic, I've been using it for years! I appreciate the tips, though! I will be taking advantage of them!

Yoshi

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan God
It's sad that we live in a day and age where the Government is aware of what we're doing on the Internet.

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
It's sad that we live in a day and age where the Government is aware of what we're doing on the Internet.
Certain things should be looked into and monitored but then people who have power will just abuse that power. This is why I don't trust anything having to do with the government and internet security. It is all protection this and that but they just want backdoors into everyone's systems which not only allows them to spy if they wish, but it leaves us vulnerable to being attacked by hackers on a much larger scale.

• :)
  • :shock3:
  • :ssgrin:
  • :stop2:
  • :tasty:
  • :thinking:
  • :what:
  • :yes:
  • :stinky:
  • :9000:
  • :beer:
  • :coke: