Dragon Ball Z What if Vegeta never turned good?

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
This is something that has been discussed by many people online but one thing I always wondered is whether or not he would still be working for/with Frieza.

I would imagine the breaking point where Vegeta turned away from him was when he admitted to taking out the Saiyans and killed Vegeta himself. However, Vegeta appears to have always known and just didn't care. What would have needed to happen to cement Vegeta on Frieza's side would have been for him to show up on Namek and take on Goku in place of Frieza so we would have had them two going at it again. Goku could have still hit SS2 through this and he would of then left Vegeta to die this time around. Just interesting to think about.

What do you think would have happened if Vegeta was still evil? Would he have turned against Frieza eventually and start his own empire?

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
Agreed, there was no chance Vegeta was going to stay loyal to Frieza, he would have just started his own attempts at domination. Would he have reached SSJ and beyond had he stayed evil? I don't think so, it took his selfish desires, yes, but it also took him straying to the side of good to understand how and why Goku transformed.

India Actual

Super Civil Servant Blue
Super Saiyan Blue
Vegeta would always turn at some point. You can follow the chain of events in the timeline and choose several points where he would inevitably shift from evil. The only thing I could see prolonging his stay on the dark side is if he would have never gotten together with Bulma. It would allow him to stay selfish and not think of himself all the time. You could tell as the Cell saga went on he showed signs of caring for his family and when Future Trunks bit the dust in front of him that was it for ole' Vegeta.

Last edited:

LividJay

Meh
Super Saiyan God
I definitely agree with what the others were saying. Vegeta was always loyal to himself, so his patience following Frieza would have ended either way. Being a typical Saiyan, Vegeta would likely pursue strong opponents to continuously challenge himself. I think that even if he never came to Earth, we've already seen stronger opponents throughout Universe 7, so he quite possibly could have still achieved Super Saiyan. On the other hand, his relentless pursuit to catch up to Goku drove him to reach beyond his limits. Perhaps without that rivalry with a fellow Saiyan, he may have lost the drive.

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
I definitely agree with what the others were saying. Vegeta was always loyal to himself, so his patience following Frieza would have ended either way. Being a typical Saiyan, Vegeta would likely pursue strong opponents to continuously challenge himself. I think that even if he never came to Earth, we've already seen stronger opponents throughout Universe 7, so he quite possibly could have still achieved Super Saiyan. On the other hand, his relentless pursuit to catch up to Goku drove him to reach beyond his limits. Perhaps without that rivalry with a fellow Saiyan, he may have lost the drive.
That is a valid point. It is clear that Goku changes people indirectly or directly. We have seen it with almost everyone he has fought. Tien, Piccolo, Vegeta, and even Frieza have all changed after facing him.

PanSimpson

Saiyan Warrior
He would be less whiny and bitter and wouldn't be constantly whining about being overshadowed by Goku in strength.

But at the same time, he'd be a lot more of a one-dimensional character.

Reactions: Beerus

mundomania

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan 2
He would be less whiny and bitter and wouldn't be constantly whining about being overshadowed by Goku in strength.

But at the same time, he'd be a lot more of a one-dimensional character.
Agreed, goku made vegeta and developed him into the awesome character he is now.

• Agree
Reactions: PanSimpson

Mustafar Reginald

Elite Saiyan Warrior
I know for a fact that even if Vegeta never turned good he would've still betrayed Frieza because he betrays Frieza before he turns good in the series itself. The second Vegeta heard about the Dragon Balls from Raditz, he had already decided to betray Frieza. He was planning to wish for immortality so he could defeat Frieza, or at least get out from under his thumb. And he doesn't even work with Krillin & Gohan until well after Vegeta has already messed up Frieza's plans and forced him to call in the Ginyu Force to dispatch Frieza. And Vegeta was still an evil prior to that on Namek, he was just the lesser evil, but he still hindered Gohan & Krillin's efforts. Namek Saga Vegeta is awesome.

Reactions: Beerus

mundomania

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan 2
If vegeta never turned good, I feel like frieza would be killed off anyway around the namek saga, and vegeta would be the new frieza. I feel like Goku and frieza are arch- enemies, and goku and vegeta are very close rivals, so it would make sense for vegeta to fill that spot.

• :)
  • :shock3:
  • :ssgrin:
  • :stop2:
  • :tasty:
  • :thinking:
  • :what:
  • :yes:
  • :stinky:
  • :9000:
  • :beer:
  • :coke: