Movies What is the best Horror Movie?

Punkhead

High Speed God
Super Saiyan God
Since it is October, my favorite month, I figured why not ask this since it is fitting. What Horror movie according to you is the best? This can be for a numeral of reasons from characters to story to everything in between. For me, the best Horror Movie is The Devil's Reject. Why? Because from beginning to end it is almost flawless for what it showcases. Anything is that there is no "good guy", even though you could say The Sheriff is, but even then he becomes a revenge hunting psychopath. I could go on and on about how perfect this movie especially for Horror, but I already did that for senior project for AP English. So yeah, what movie is the best horror movie in your opinion.

Reactions: Beerus

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
The only one I genuinely enjoyed is more of a thriller than an actual horror movie but I'll say it anyway, Misery. That lady is cuh-ray-zeeeee.

Punkhead

High Speed God
Super Saiyan God
The only one I genuinely enjoyed is more of a thriller than an actual horror movie but I'll say it anyway, Misery. That lady is cuh-ray-zeeeee.
Misery is really good especially when you get that the fan is a representation of King's fans and fandoms in general. like the movie is pretty meta

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
Misery is really good especially when you get that the fan is a representation of King's fans and fandoms in general. like the movie is pretty meta
I don't know much about his work, I just know that I liked this movie and the Shining. Never read the books though.

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
I'm not a huge horror fan, but one I feel like pointing out, even if it falls more onto the thriller than horror side is The Mist, just because I absolutely love the gut wrenching ending to it.
I completely forgot about this movie up until I saw in the trailer where the guy yells "There is something in the mist!".

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
I kinda wanna know the ending now lol
I mean...I could spoil it for you if you don't plan on watching it...

Click at your own risk:

After spending the entire movie trying to get away from the giant insects inside of the Mist, the main character, his wife and an older man and his wife who joined them, end up leaving the group they had joined. They jump in an SUV in an effort to drive out of the Mist and save themselves, only to run out of gas before the SUV can get clear. They had made an agreement that one of them would take the last four bullets and kill the other four, leaving the last one alive to face the insects. So, main character decides to be the one left alive, so he takes the lives of his wife, child and two friends before stepping out into the Mist and daring the insects to come at him. We then hear a mechanical noise and, right on queue the military come rolling through with survivors to rescue the day, kill off the larvae growing in the trees and show that indeed safety has come. If they'd just waited two more minutes...I suck at telling the story, but in the movie it's a real kick in the nuts moment.

Reactions: Mustafar Reginald

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin

Click at your own risk:

After spending the entire movie trying to get away from the giant insects inside of the Mist, the main character, his wife and an older man and his wife who joined them, end up leaving the group they had joined. They jump in an SUV in an effort to drive out of the Mist and save themselves, only to run out of gas before the SUV can get clear. They had made an agreement that one of them would take the last four bullets and kill the other four, leaving the last one alive to face the insects. So, main character decides to be the one left alive, so he takes the lives of his wife, child and two friends before stepping out into the Mist and daring the insects to come at him. We then hear a mechanical noise and, right on queue the military come rolling through with survivors to rescue the day, kill off the larvae growing in the trees and show that indeed safety has come. If they'd just waited two more minutes...I suck at telling the story, but in the movie it's a real kick in the nuts moment.

Holy crap. That is such a sad ending!

Mustafar Reginald

Elite Saiyan Warrior
On

Click at your own risk:

This ending is really cool, I kind of went on a whole info binge about this after reading. The ending wasn't in the original novella, it was made for the movie and Stephen King prefers it to the ending he came up with. In fact, apparently Stephen King personally intervened to make sure the studio approved the ending, since I guess they were against it. Here's an actual direct quote from Stephen King about the ending "Frank wrote a new ending that I loved. It is the most shocking ending ever and there should be a law passed stating that anybody who reveals the last 5 minutes of this film should be hung from their neck until dead."

I just want to state how much I love the concept of the ending. Making being rescued the most tragic outcome is something I just love. It's brilliant.

• Agree
Reactions: Super Kami Guru

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
On

This ending is really cool, I kind of went on a whole info binge about this after reading. The ending wasn't in the original novella, it was made for the movie and Stephen King prefers it to the ending he came up with. In fact, apparently Stephen King personally intervened to make sure the studio approved the ending, since I guess they were against it. Here's an actual direct quote from Stephen King about the ending "Frank wrote a new ending that I loved. It is the most shocking ending ever and there should be a law passed stating that anybody who reveals the last 5 minutes of this film should be hung from their neck until dead."

I just want to state how much I love the concept of the ending. Making being rescued the most tragic outcome is something I just love. It's brilliant.
I actually did not know that, having not read the novella (I've only read a few Stephen King books, admittedly), but it certainly did make for one hell of an ending! I also agree with you, the concept of the ending is absolutely incredible. I just love stories with endings like that, the tragedy is just perfect.

Reactions: Mustafar Reginald
  • :)
  • :shock3:
  • :ssgrin:
  • :stop2:
  • :tasty:
  • :thinking:
  • :what:
  • :yes:
  • :stinky:
  • :9000:
  • :beer: