News What's Going on Near You?

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
I seem to be great at posting about AZ-exclusive issues, so here's a whole thread for people to post about what's going on in their area.

Let's start with the AZ stuff, because boy oh boy is AZ a non-stop shitshow these days.

-3 Dead, 1 Injured in apartment complex near 19th and Glendale in Phoenix. 2 Children and an 18 year old woman were found dead in their apartment while a 28 year old man was found with critical injuries from a stabbing in their apartment. Police have said there are no outstanding suspects, but have not arrested or mentioned arresting anyone in this case, so details are sketchy at best.

-Early evening drinking? Well, how about an early evening DUI resulting in a police pursuit? One suspect has been arrested after driving erratically on the Loop 202 highway outside of Phoenix, swerving between lanes and colliding with the center median. Police had to resort to using a grappler to stop the car, and then the suspect was taken into custody.

-A collision involving a motorcycle near 31st avenue and Indian School rd in Phoenix has left two dead. According to police, the motorcycle was approaching the intersection at 31st and Indian School when a vehicle slowed for the changing traffic light. The motorcycle swerved into the middle lane, where a pickup was stopped facing eastbound. The motorcycle collided with the truck, resulting in fatal injuries to both the driver and passenger of that motorcycle. The driver and passenger of the truck were uninjured and were found to not be at fault.

How are things in your neck of the woods?

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
Yeah, I try to avoid the news, too, but I've been a bit more absorbed by it recently with all of the fires going on.
Yeah, I can see how. Whether stuff always pulls me in. I used to get terrified and stay glued to the news when there was a tornado warning. I would take all my favorite toys and things I cared about and put them in the dryer so they were protected. lol

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
Yeah, I can see how. Whether stuff always pulls me in. I used to get terrified and stay glued to the news when there was a tornado warning. I would take all my favorite toys and things I cared about and put them in the dryer so they were protected. lol
I could see that happening. Cats! Get in the dryer, now! Right next to my stuffed cats and cat action figures!

• Funny
Reactions: Beerus

Carnotaurus

Roar!
Super Saiyan
I also don't follow news because I get depressed. Neither politics because I get annoyed. And sadly there isn't much going around. Usually summer used to be full of festivals in our city center. But with Covid and all that shit...

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
Arizona's getting ready for an idiocy brawl...honestly.

Governor Doug Ducey has re-enacted a new 30-day closure on bars, gyms, movie theatres and water parks. An understandable precaution given the severe spike in cases here.

Many gyms and smaller bars are looking for any loopholes they can find to circumvent this order, however:

With some gyms outright refusing to close and operating to spite the Governor's order

One company, Mountain Fitness, has already been cited for opening, and now has plans to sue the Governor to keep operating.

===========================================

Outside of that, it's come to light that many people around AZ have been receiving debit cards from the Department of Economic Security (DES) with thousands of dollars worth of unemployment loaded onto them that they never applied for. Investigations have now commenced into whether this is attempted fraud or something going on within the DES systems themselves. Obviously those who received the funds without applying for them are being told not to use them...we'll see how that works out...

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
Here we go again, funny farm time...

2 have been killed after an attempted armed robbery at a Circle-K near 81st street and Indian School rd in Scottsdale. The suspect walked in, attempted to rob the store with a gun, shot randomly around the store, striking and killing a man walking into the store at the wrong time. He then fled the store, being met by a man with a gun outside of the Circle-K where a shootout occurred and the bystander with the gun shot and killed the suspect, while being seriously injured himself.

...oh yeah, and the suspect had hit two other Circle-K's earlier in the day...

Finally, a 30-year old woman was found dead and two children were sent to the hospital with smoke and burn-related injuries after a fire sparked in an apartment complex in central Phoenix. The woman had just thrown her youngest child over the balcony to firefighters below while also having caught fire. She succumbed to the flames shortly after, witnesses who broke down the door and rescued the other child, who had been burned severely. Horrible story. A mother and her 4 year old son were also displaced after fire crews had to break down her apartment to combat the blaze.

Carnotaurus

Roar!
Super Saiyan
Here we go again, funny farm time...

2 have been killed after an attempted armed robbery at a Circle-K near 81st street and Indian School rd in Scottsdale. The suspect walked in, attempted to rob the store with a gun, shot randomly around the store, striking and killing a man walking into the store at the wrong time. He then fled the store, being met by a man with a gun outside of the Circle-K where a shootout occurred and the bystander with the gun shot and killed the suspect, while being seriously injured himself.

...oh yeah, and the suspect had hit two other Circle-K's earlier in the day...

Finally, a 30-year old woman was found dead and two children were sent to the hospital with smoke and burn-related injuries after a fire sparked in an apartment complex in central Phoenix. The woman had just thrown her youngest child over the balcony to firefighters below while also having caught fire. She succumbed to the flames shortly after, witnesses who broke down the door and rescued the other child, who had been burned severely. Horrible story. A mother and her 4 year old son were also displaced after fire crews had to break down her apartment to combat the blaze.

That's horrible... I don't even want to imagine the pain someone feels when being burned alive. And poor kids are now left orphan. It was truly heroic what she did to save them.

And as for the first post, I can say justice served? Or not? I don't know how rules in US are, regarding self-defense. Here I'm 100% positive the guy who killed the murderer (because robber is too soft a word) would still be held accountable for using "excessive force"...

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
That's horrible... I don't even want to imagine the pain someone feels when being burned alive. And poor kids are now left orphan. It was truly heroic what she did to save them.

Agreed, she gave absolutely everything to save those kids, so credit to her for that. Yes, the kids are now left without a mother, and it appears one of them at least is severely burned, so likely faces a long recovery time, but hopefully there's some family out there willing to take them in and not leave them to try and survive as wards of the state.

And as for the first post, I can say justice served? Or not? I don't know how rules in US are, regarding self-defense. Here I'm 100% positive the guy who killed the murderer (because robber is too soft a word) would still be held accountable for using "excessive force"...

I don't think the bystander will face charges, though I'm genuinely unsure in this case. Glad he managed to stop the suspect, but there is reason to worry since he did kill the guy with a gun...so...

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
...so apparently Jamie Lee Curtis and/or Grandpa Abe Simpson were involved in an incident in Tempe, AZ where a gun was pulled and aimed at a shopper in a parking lot...the sketches are quiet detailed, so I'm guessing they'll be identified quickly, but what a resemblance!

Source: https://www.abc15.com/news/region-s...er-pointing-gun-at-woman-at-tempe-marketplace

Great, as if 2020 couldn't get any worse, now we have to worry about Michael Myers being on the loose.

• Funny
Reactions: Super Kami Guru

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
Because 2020 isn't fucked up enough, Trump's favourite racist sheriff and pardoned felon Joe Arpaio is once again running for Maricopa County Sheriff here and is closing the gap on Republican favourite Jerry Sherridan. So exactly what the world needs right now, another racist, ignorant, ancient, crusty idiot is set to 2020 his way back into office, because of course he is.

Also 2020-ing up the place, Phoenix PD today released statistics showing that violent crimes are up as much as 24% across the board in 2020, owing to factors including lockdown, mask disputes and so on. Well done, 2020.

And finally in AZ 2020 news, 28 year-old Ramon Timothy Lopez died in PD custody after being seen by witnesses looking into and attempting to enter cars in a parking lot. When police arrived Lopez ran into a convenience store, where officers followed. Lopez then threw liquid from his drink at an officer and fled. Officers caught up with him, where he continued to throw liquid from his drink and, after a struggle and two more officers arriving, Lopez was taken to ground and handcuffed. He was placed in the back of a squad car until paramedics arrived, at which point he was found unresponsive in the back of the vehicle. He died before arriving at a local hospital. Seems as though he might have been on something, or at least seriously mentally distressed. But alas, the 2020 rears its' head and here we go again...

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
People are raiding store shelves again in Ohio.

I do hope small businesses can pull through. Support them if you can in your area.

Reactions: Super Kami Guru

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
Hey, guess what? More AZ stuff, because AZ is desperate to be the next Florida.

-A hiker fell 40 feet to his death on a trail after losing his footing near Hole in the Rock at Papago Park. Rescuers were on scene quickly, but the man's injuries were too severe and he succumbed in the hospital

-A woman is dead after a shooting in Chandler, AZ. All those involved in the incident have been detained for questioning. The incident took place at a hotel, though additional details are being withheld until the investigation is complete.

-A 24 year old man is dead after being shot in the parking lot of an IHOP in Avondale, AZ. Supposedly after an altercation with a silver BMW, the 24 year old man was shot and killed in the parking lot in his car. The BMW fled the scene and the suspected shooter is still at large this evening, though police are pursuing leads.

Thus concludes another "AZ tries to be Florida." More tomorrow, no doubt.

• :)
  • :shock3:
  • :ssgrin:
  • :stop2:
  • :tasty:
  • :thinking:
  • :what:
  • :yes:
  • :stinky:
  • :9000:
  • :beer:
  • :coke: