Dragon Ball Super Why do they keep Emperor Pilaf around?

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
I never understood this. Like it seemed out of place for the entirety of Super. I get why they would have Mai because she eventually forms a relationship with Trunks but Pilaf and Shu for that matter seem almost entirely useless to the storylines at this point. Why bother keeping him around? I can't find a reason.

India Actual

Super Civil Servant Blue
Super Saiyan Blue
I don't see a point to Pilaf and Shu being around other than to be comedy relief as observers to the main cast's adventures. I do agree that now that they've shown that Future Trunks and Mai do indeed become a couple and the main timeline Trunks was already crushing hard on the de-aged Mai that they should follow through and have them become a couple. Even though she's like 50 something in a teenage body. I guess she can fake it quite well. :LOL:

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
I don't see a point to Pilaf and Shu being around other than to be comedy relief as observers to the main cast's adventures. I do agree that now that they've shown that Future Trunks and Mai do indeed become a couple and the main timeline Trunks was already crushing hard on the de-aged Mai that they should follow through and have them become a couple. Even though she's like 50 something in a teenage body. I guess she can fake it quite well. :LOL:
Yeah, that's the creepy part. She's a middle-aged woman in the body of a kid that "grows up" again with a teenaged boyfriend...so...she's technically a pedo, yet is also only a teenager...screwy logic...

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
Yeah, that's the creepy part. She's a middle-aged woman in the body of a kid that "grows up" again with a teenaged boyfriend...so...she's technically a pedo, yet is also only a teenager...screwy logic...
I think her mind reverts back to being a girl's mind when it comes to hormones though. So she has no "desire" for sex stuff which makes this less creepy but still...

:worry:

India Actual

Super Civil Servant Blue
Super Saiyan Blue
Since Trunks is 14 years old currently it would technically be hebephelia, but that's besides the point. It is a strange psychological situation for Mai to unwittingly have to redo her entire life with all her adult memories in tact.

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
I think her mind reverts back to being a girl's mind when it comes to hormones though. So she has no "desire" for sex stuff which makes this less creepy but still...

:worry:

Fair enough, if she thinks like a child, just has adult memories, I guess it's less creepy, but even at that...

Also the torture of having to go through puberty twice, while already knowing precisely what's going to happen during it...poor kid-woman...

Since Trunks is 14 years old currently it would technically be hebephelia, but that's besides the point. It is a strange psychological situation for Mai to unwittingly have to redo her entire life with all her adult memories in tact.

Eh, I'll never get those labels right, just kiddie fiddlers...we'll go with that.

Agreed, very strange psychological situation to be placed into, having to redo so much of her life while remembering her past life...can't be an easy thing to deal with, knowing what age you actually are while being stuck as a child again...awkward.

India Actual

Super Civil Servant Blue
Super Saiyan Blue
Fair enough, if she thinks like a child, just has adult memories, I guess it's less creepy, but even at that...

Also the torture of having to go through puberty twice, while already knowing precisely what's going to happen during it...poor kid-woman...

Eh, I'll never get those labels right, just kiddie fiddlers...we'll go with that.

Agreed, very strange psychological situation to be placed into, having to redo so much of her life while remembering her past life...can't be an easy thing to deal with, knowing what age you actually are while being stuck as a child again...awkward.
She doesn't have an exact date of birth in official sources, but given her appearance in Dragon Ball I'd ballpark her as 18-20 years old. Even though she said she's 41 in BoG that doesn't add up because she would have been Goku's age during Dragon Ball and she definitely appeared just as if not more mature than a 16 year old Bulma. But if we take the age discrepancies into account with Bulma saying she's 38 when in reality she was actually 45. So that would make Mai three years older Bulma so around 19.

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
She doesn't have an exact date of birth in official sources, but given her appearance in Dragon Ball I'd ballpark her as 18-20 years old. Even though she said she's 41 in BoG that doesn't add up because she would have been Goku's age during Dragon Ball and she definitely appeared just as if not more mature than a 16 year old Bulma. But if we take the age discrepancies into account with Bulma saying she's 38 when in reality she was actually 45. So that would make Mai three years older Bulma so around 19.
That seems the most accurate guess at this point in time

• :)
  • :shock3:
  • :ssgrin:
  • :stop2:
  • :tasty:
  • :thinking:
  • :what:
  • :yes:
  • :stinky:
  • :9000:
  • :beer: