Will you be buying the Dragon Ball Z Collector's Edition blu-ray set?

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
Found some interesting tid-bits about this boxed collection that may not make some fans happy.
Check out the article below before you get super excited about this possible release.

Funimation even decided that they will release the series in the original aspect ratio of 4:3 for this new Blu-ray release instead of the 16:9 used in previous releases.
requirement of 3,000 agreeing to purchase this set for $350 in order for it to happen
they’re planning on only making 6,000 sets.

LividJay

Meh
Super Saiyan God
Nope. In fact, I probably won't be buying anything from Funimation again after the Vic Mignogna thing. And no, I'm not taking sides on the matter between him and Monica Rial, I just hate the whole guilty until proven innocent crap that's been going on these days and Funimation is a prime example of how not to handle a situation.

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
Nope. In fact, I probably won't be buying anything from Funimation again after the Vic Mignogna thing. And no, I'm not taking sides on the matter between him and Monica Rial, I just hate the whole guilty until proven innocent crap that's been going on these days and Funimation is a prime example of how not to handle a situation.
Ah yeah, I forgot about that. I guess that is the way a lot of places handle these kinds of things because it is easier and cheaper. You get horrible press and attacked if you do anything against a protected group via the PC police. I hate to say it like that, but some of those people get carried away and even violent. I still consider the whole thing a misunderstanding but I don't know either person personally or well enough to make a just judgment from either side. What is done is done I guess.

• Agree
Reactions: LividJay

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
Irrespective of the changes made to the materials, the issues regarding Funimation themselves, and ludicrous demand for 3,000 reservations, I simply don't feel like shelling out $350 for content that I already own. Don't get me wrong, the DBZ fan in me loves the idea of a 30th anniversary release, just not in this particular case.

• Agree
Reactions: LividJay and Beerus

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
Irrespective of the changes made to the materials, the issues regarding Funimation themselves, and ludicrous demand for 3,000 reservations, I simply don't feel like shelling out $350 for content that I already own. Don't get me wrong, the DBZ fan in me loves the idea of a 30th anniversary release, just not in this particular case.
It is a bit pricey. Didn't they already do blu-ray releases before that are being considered better viewing quality?

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
Yep, they definitely put them out on Blu Ray prior to this, in saga sets. The only difference with this is the compilation of all sagas into one and a couple of trinkets. Can't really justify that price tag, IMO. Too much for something that isn't all that special.

• Informative
Reactions: Beerus

Goku

Saiyan Grunt
Found some interesting tid-bits about this boxed collection that may not make some fans happy.
Check out the article below before you get super excited about this possible release.

@Beerus Mostly no because that yet to tell me if the Bruce Score is in it or not. That already past the 3000 mark so it being made but there still not sold out. But from what I heard is the set are not that good. But I do think there better then the 2014 Blu-Ray set for the content since it HD in 4:3. But I still said the 1st DVD said from the early 2000's still the best.

Reactions: Beerus

Goku

Saiyan Grunt
Yep, they definitely put them out on Blu Ray prior to this, in saga sets. The only difference with this is the compilation of all sagas into one and a couple of trinkets. Can't really justify that price tag, IMO. Too much for something that isn't all that special.

@super kami gura You do know the 2014 version are crop right?

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
@super kami gura You do know the 2014 version are crop right?

Yep, and not in a native 4:3 aspect ratio, I am aware of that. The point still stands it's far too expensive for content available through other means, far cheaper. I have the DVD sets, so perhaps I'm overlooking quality issues with the 2014 blu rays, but I can't justify the price in my head.

Goku

Saiyan Grunt
Yep, and not in a native 4:3 aspect ratio, I am aware of that. The point still stands it's far too expensive for content available through other means, far cheaper. I have the DVD sets, so perhaps I'm overlooking quality issues with the 2014 blu rays, but I can't justify the price in my head.

I Not big on quality either. But I though you should know. But yet I stil ltrying to get the old single set.

India Actual

Super Civil Servant Blue
Super Saiyan Blue
In short, absolutely not. Their remaster process they use is cost cutting and the end result looks deformed and cheaply made. Everything Funimation touches it destroys. They're a horrible company in my very honest opinion and I wish they would go down in flames to be replaced by someone who actually cares about the product it puts out to fans. All that before the situation with Vic which turns the dial up to 11 for me.

Reactions: LividJay
  • :)
  • :shock3:
  • :ssgrin:
  • :stop2:
  • :tasty:
  • :thinking:
  • :what:
  • :yes:
  • :stinky:
  • :9000:
  • :beer: