Working on getting healthier

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
So I started about 10 days ago by eating somewhat healthier. I cut back on the number of calories I eat in a day and started exercising daily and I am already seeing some results. I am also taking supplements in the form of vitamin c, vitamin d3, and mk7. My goals are to put on a bit of muscle, lose some fat, regulate my unbalanced hormones, fix my sleep, improve my skin (it has been terribly dry), correct the issues in my teeth/gums, and just generally feel better. I also want to get rid of the pain I have had in my lower back for the last 3 years. It has gotten worse and I think this is down to me sitting still too much. Damn you internet!

Thus far I am down about 5 pounds, my skin is showing signs of improvement, and I am sleeping better than I was before. I just got to stick with it!

Anyone else here working on improving their heath be it through diet, exercise, supplementation, or a mix?

LividJay

Meh
Super Saiyan God
well the quarantine has been good and bad for my health. I'm not eating out for lunch every day and actually cooking. But, I've also been drinking almost every day. Oh well, I'll take it.(y)

Reactions: Beerus

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
well the quarantine has been good and bad for my health. I'm not eating out for lunch every day and actually cooking. But, I've also been drinking almost every day. Oh well, I'll take it.(y)
Better eating habits can cut out the negative effects of alcohol though so take it as a win. :gokuup:

Reactions: LividJay

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
I've been going the opposite way, snacking too much and sitting around more. I need to fix that, but it's been a nice change doing nothing...

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
I don't know, the Pretzel companies sure seem to like me more...:mb2:
Do you like soft pretzels? Every once in a while, mostly in the summer, I get a taste for those and have to get a box. I cheat the system and do them in the toaster though not the microwave.

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
Do you like soft pretzels? Every once in a while, mostly in the summer, I get a taste for those and have to get a box. I cheat the system and do them in the toaster though not the microwave.
I do sometimes like soft pretzels, though for those I typically have to be more in the mood for it. Original salted, cinnamon or garlic Parmesan are my go-tos there.

India Actual

Super Civil Servant Blue
Super Saiyan Blue
I do sometimes like soft pretzels, though for those I typically have to be more in the mood for it. Original salted, cinnamon or garlic Parmesan are my go-tos there.
I love soft pretzels and I usually do mine in the oven. I have to bribe my wife to make some because they have a recipe for soft pretzels in Joanne Gaines new cook book with a freaking jalapeno cheese dip!
:go6:

Teen Gohan

Saiyan Warrior
So backstory.

When stuff initially closed down, I didn't think it would be that bad. Until they closed down my GYM, that's when CORONA TOOK IT TOO FAR!!
9QSsWPe.png

Anywho, maybe by early April I realized that the gym will probably be one of the last places to re-open for obvious reasons. So I decided to order some equipment like a treadmill, barbell, etc.

I already have plates and dumbells from over the years but I haven't been doing much cardio again for obvious reasons. Unfortunately if its non-essential, shit doesn't end up shipping until 1 month post ordering. I ended up gaining maybe 10lbs from mid March till early May but started dieting. I actually got my treadmill yesterday (19th), have been going pretty hard with my workouts. Lots of cardio and my sleep is vastly improving, skin looking clearer.

I think my advice to people who are struggling getting into a routine would be to adapt to the times. As humans, we usually wait for it to be convenient to us, but if we really want it, we should just go for it. We either adapt or get left behind. A lot of people I know gained weight during this period and that's fine, but the truth is, tomorrow is never guaranteed. Lockdown restrictions are getting more lenient but if a second wave hits, guess what? You're gonna be stuck in this laidback/lazy cycle. Better to get out of it now than later.

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
So backstory.

When stuff initially closed down, I didn't think it would be that bad. Until they closed down my GYM, that's when CORONA TOOK IT TOO FAR!!
9QSsWPe.png

Anywho, maybe by early April I realized that the gym will probably be one of the last places to re-open for obvious reasons. So I decided to order some equipment like a treadmill, barbell, etc.

I already have plates and dumbells from over the years but I haven't been doing much cardio again for obvious reasons. Unfortunately if its non-essential, shit doesn't end up shipping until 1 month post ordering. I ended up gaining maybe 10lbs from mid March till early May but started dieting. I actually got my treadmill yesterday (19th), have been going pretty hard with my workouts. Lots of cardio and my sleep is vastly improving, skin looking clearer.

I think my advice to people who are struggling getting into a routine would be to adapt to the times. As humans, we usually wait for it to be convenient to us, but if we really want it, we should just go for it. We either adapt or get left behind. A lot of people I know gained weight during this period and that's fine, but the truth is, tomorrow is never guaranteed. Lockdown restrictions are getting more lenient but if a second wave hits, guess what? You're gonna be stuck in this laidback/lazy cycle. Better to get out of it now than later.

I forgot you were a gym-goer. Well, at least things are starting to get lifted and gyms are starting to open again, still though, you'll have stuff at home which is easier.

Teen Gohan

Saiyan Warrior
I forgot you were a gym-goer. Well, at least things are starting to get lifted and gyms are starting to open again, still though, you'll have stuff at home which is easier.
I'd rather go to gym. I'm improvising a lot of my workouts due to lack of equipment.
I'm doing more cardio than I'd want to also just cause it's not in the best condition atm.

• :)
  • :shock3:
  • :ssgrin:
  • :stop2:
  • :tasty:
  • :thinking:
  • :what:
  • :yes:
  • :stinky:
  • :9000:
  • :beer:
  • :coke: