Movies WTF Disney Originals LOL

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
So this is a movie from 2014 about a pair of 14-year-old girls creating a robot boyfriend. You'd expect kids like ages, I don't know, 9 to 15 to be watching this.

I get that you shouldn't use kids in movies and I am actually against that in most cases but why is the boyfriend who is meant to be 16 in age... A GROWN ASS 25-YEAR-OLD MAN!?
To me, this is promoting the idea that girls who are very young should be persuing much older guys, not 17/18-year-olds, but actual men. That is creepy as heck to me...

That aside, this movie just seems awful. I know Disney Originals were never groundbreaking movies but they have really dipped off since I was younger.

• Agree
Reactions: Super Kami Guru

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
Gone are the days of Zenon causing havoc on a space station, eh? Then again, she was also chasing a guy in his 30s...so...maybe shouldn't reference that. As for the idea of having girls fantasizing about full grown men, yeah, it's pretty sad it's still a thing. If you're going to have older actors just for safety's sake, then make them 18 or 19, not mid-20s, especially with the girl looking like a teenage girl. Definitely sends the wrong message, don't have teenage girls chasing after older guys! Child + adult = no no, irrespective of gender involved, but older guys especially, if they're looking at girls this age, that's a problem! I wouldn't want to know my 16 year old daughter was looking at or dating a guy in his mid-20s, the guy's clearly screwed up from the get go! Date within your own age bracket, ffs.

• Agree
Reactions: Beerus

LividJay

Meh
Super Saiyan God
Just to play devil's advocate, I knew a few 15-year-olds back when I was around that range that were dating guys in their early to mid twenties. I don't think it's as uncommon as people may hope/believe.

Gone are the days of Zenon causing havoc on a space station, eh?
I had the hugest crush on Zenon back in the day. And I'm not usually into blondes.

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
I know some 15-year-old girls can look like grown women. Heck, I knew a 12-year-old when I was 15 that looked like she was 20+. It is more about the mental thing than the physical thing. At that age, most are still not emotionally or mentally mature enough to match a 20+ year old man. And I always thought it was weird when guys in their '20s were dating anyone still in highschool.

LividJay

Meh
Super Saiyan God
I know some 15-year-old girls can look like grown women. Heck, I knew a 12-year-old when I was 15 that looked like she was 20+. It is more about the mental thing than the physical thing. At that age, most are still not emotionally or mentally mature enough to match a 20+ year old man. And I always thought it was weird when guys in their '20s were dating anyone still in highschool.
I feel everyone is different while I agree that a young teen does not have the experience/mentality to match that of most 20-year-olds...sometimes those 20-year-olds don't have the experience/mentality for their age group. I also think there is a fine distinction between predator and someone who just genuinely likes someone. Either way, I don't know what those girls were thinking/feeling at the time. We never really talked about it. I just know that it was a thing and it wasn't all too uncommon. Perhaps it was that they felt they were more mature and maybe they had bad sexual experiences with people their age...due to inexperience...and the older men knew what to do.

All I'm saying is that I don't think it's so black and white. Though, I guess this is off topic of the original post, where media is making it the norm.

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
I feel everyone is different while I agree that a young teen does not have the experience/mentality to match that of most 20-year-olds...sometimes those 20-year-olds don't have the experience/mentality for their age group. I also think there is a fine distinction between predator and someone who just genuinely likes someone. Either way, I don't know what those girls were thinking/feeling at the time. We never really talked about it. I just know that it was a thing and it wasn't all too uncommon. Perhaps it was that they felt they were more mature and maybe they had bad sexual experiences with people their age...due to inexperience...and the older men knew what to do.

All I'm saying is that I don't think it's so black and white. Though, I guess this is off topic of the original post, where media is making it the norm.
I understand what you are saying. Some people are like 20 to 25 and still the mental age of a 15-year-old.

LividJay

Meh
Super Saiyan God
I understand what you are saying. Some people are like 20 to 25 and still the mental age of a 15-year-old.
Yeap...and I stand by that most people 20-25, give or take, are really still kids. They don't have life experience and schools certainly aren't teaching it.

• :)
  • :shock3:
  • :ssgrin:
  • :stop2:
  • :tasty:
  • :thinking:
  • :what:
  • :yes:
  • :stinky:
  • :9000:
  • :beer:
  • :coke: