6 Possible Characters That Can Be Rebooted In Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero

dragon ball super super hero movie.png

The upcoming film Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero is set to release in 2022 and only a handful of characters have been confirmed for the film. We can expect to see a heavy focus on Goku, Piccolo, Krillin, an older Pan, and a new gray alien character whose name has not yet been revealed. Many are speculating to see a return of Gohan’s “Great Saiyaman” as well. Given the theme of this movie and the fact that his daughter is in the film, it is safe to assume Gohan will play a sizable role as well.

Looking at the previous movie, “Dragon Ball Super: Broly”, we might be looking into a trend of reintroducing characters from past DBZ movies and making them relevant again through a means of telling new stories with updated timelines. If this is the case for “Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero”, there are a few characters that stand out that can easily be rebooted to fit the newer look and feel of Dragon Ball Super. Let’s take a look at 6 possible characters we could see in the upcoming film!

cooler.png

COOLER

Cooler is the older brother of Frieza and was featured in two different DBZ films; Dragon Ball Z: Cooler's Revenge and Dragon Ball Z: The Return of Cooler. With Frieza being more relevant in Dragon Ball Super again having competed in the Tournament of Power and being brought back to life by Whis, there is a chance we could see him in a future film in a rebooted fashion.

lordslug.png

LORD SLUG

Having Piccolo and Pan both be focus characters in the movie could set the stage for a really solid story where Gohan and Piccolo come out on top as the main heroes of the film. What better villain for such a film than an evil Namekian? Lord Slug was featured in the DBZ film Dragon Ball Z: Lord Slug and thanks to a mutation, was able to become what was called a “Super Namekian”. This could set the stage for Gohan to really shine as a hero and possibly open the door to Piccolo receiving a new power-up to put him on par with Super Saiyan Blue.

tapion.png

TAPION

What better character to reintroduce than one who was named a "legendary hero"? Tapion was featured in the DBZ film Dragon Ball Z: Wrath of the Dragon. This movie had a more balanced focus on Trunks and Goten which tied together how Future Trunks received his sword. Revisiting Tapion could mean we get a new story that gives Trunks (as well as Goten) more depth and more airtime to actually fight. Since Pan is roughly 4 years older, this would place both Trunks and Goten in their teens. Aging them up and having them be more of a focus in stories is something some fans have been asking for.

turles.png

TURLES

With the introduction of Saiyans in Universe 6, a reboot of a somewhat forgotten Saiyan could see some screen time. Turles was the main antagonist in the DBZ film Dragon Ball Z: The Tree of Might where this Goku look-a-like had a deep disgust with Saiyans who show mercy. Bringing him back in a new way could mean we see him not as a Universe 7 Saiyan but rather a Universe 6 Saiyan. This means we would see more of Kale, Caulifla, and Cabba. This is something many fans have been asking for.

pikkon.png

PIKKON

While this character is not featured in the manga and acts more of a filler character (a stand-in for Piccolo), a lot of fans really enjoyed him. Pikkon was introduced in filler episodes in Dragon Ball Z and later in the DBZ movie Dragon Ball Z: Fusion Reborn. He is a well-known heroic and skilled fighter in the universe who lost his life in battle. Being a prized fighter in the Other World Tournament, there is always the possibility of bringing him back. In the movie, he helped Goku and Vegeta defeat Janemba which is considered to have one of the best transformation sequences of the series.

janemba.png

JANEMBA

Speaking of the DBZ movie Dragon Ball Z: Fusion Reborn, maybe we will see Janemba again as well. It has been some time since there was a focus on a powerful demon in the series and having him be featured in a new movie could really shake things up. Since this movie and his presence originally introduced Gogeta (the fusion dance fusion of Goku and Vegeta), revisiting him as a villain might be worth it. Gogeta became canon as of the Broly movie in 2018 so having this fusion be featured in another film would be a treat.

While there is no confirmation for any of these characters and we very well may just get a brand new villain for the movie, many fans are speculating otherwise.
What are your thoughts? Who would you like to see in the new movie?

Last edited:

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
Well, you know...I think one thing we need to consider for this new movie is...

:pikkon: :pikkon: :pikkon:

Also Janemba would be a fun revisit, for sure! I don't think we need yet another Cooler appearance, though I do understand why he's requested, since they could be the Golden brothers, but if anything that seems more like something Frost would come back for...

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
Well, you know...I think one thing we need to consider for this new movie is...

:pikkon: :pikkon: :pikkon:

Also Janemba would be a fun revisit, for sure! I don't think we need yet another Cooler appearance, though I do understand why he's requested, since they could be the Golden brothers, but if anything that seems more like something Frost would come back for...
Pikkon and Janemba might be a package deal given the movie they shared time in already, never know!

Mustafar Reginald

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Cooler would make sense just for the fact that Frieza is still around, and it'll be cool(er) to see him & Frieza have something substantial to do together, since we never really got that in either of his movies. But I don't see it happening in this movie with the seemingly Gohan focus.

If Lord Slug comes back his weakness still better be whistling.

I barely remember Tapion's movie so no real comment on him, but I refuse to believe their are fans that have been wanting a Goten arc.

I'd stake my life that it won't be Turles.

Pikkon & Janemba would be awesome, also kind of don't think it'll be them for this movie. But I really hope Pikkon comes into canon at some point, dude is awesome.

Watch it be Cyborg Tao, just so Pan can effortlessly body him.

Reactions: Beerus
  • :)
  • :shock3:
  • :ssgrin:
  • :stop2:
  • :tasty:
  • :thinking:
  • :what:
  • :yes:
  • :stinky:
  • :9000:
  • :beer: