News Alec Baldwin killed cinematographer and injured director

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
One person was killed and another was wounded after Alec Baldwin's prop firearm discharged on the set of the movie "Rust" on Thursday, according to the Santa Fe County Sheriff's office. Baldwin is starring in and co-producing the Western film.

"The sheriff's office confirms that two individuals were shot on the set of Rust," the sheriff's office said in a press release late Thursday. "Halyna Hutchins, 42, director of photography and Joel Souza, 48, director, were shot when a prop firearm was discharged by Alec Baldwin, 68, producer and actor."

Yikes.

Giga Hertz

The beauty of grace is that it makes life not fair
Super Saiyan God
"Fact: in 100% of all fake gun related shootings, the victim is always the one with the fake gun."

Kid Goku

Enjoy the new Chapter 3 of Videospiel-Man!
Super Saiyan 4
Okay for a moment i was like Alec baldwin just murderd someone? So it was an Accident! but still tragic its just pretty difficult for me to feel much because i dont know the guy who got shot!

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
Okay for a moment i was like Alec baldwin just murderd someone? So it was an Accident! but still tragic its just pretty difficult for me to feel much because i dont know the guy who got shot!
It was two people, the woman died. There was a live bullet in the gun and he was messing around with it apparently and shot it not knowing it had a live bullet.

Kid Goku

Super Saiyan 4
It was two people, the woman died. There was a live bullet in the gun and he was messing around with it apparently and shot it not knowing it had a live bullet.
Damn 2 people got shot! why did they even put a bullet in it without telling him!

• Agree
Reactions: Beerus

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
Damn 2 people got shot! why did they even put a bullet in it without telling him!
They have yet to figure that out. The set is meant to have a gun inspector on at all times according to law since Brandon Lee got shot and killed on the set years ago.

India Actual

Super Civil Servant Blue
Super Saiyan Blue
Doesn't matter if he was told it wasn't live or not. It was an active weapon that could fire blanks and/or projectiles, as has been clearly demonstrated, so he broke two of the cardinal rules of gun safety.
1.) ALWAYS TREAT EVERY WEAPON AS IF IT WERE LOADED
2.) NEVER POINT A WEAPON AT ANYTHING YOU ARE UNWILLING TO KILL OR DESTROY

That in and of itself is negligent. At least morally, I'm not predicating this will ring up charges in a court of law.

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
Doesn't matter if he was told it wasn't live or not. It was an active weapon that could fire blanks and/or projectiles, as has been clearly demonstrated, so he broke two of the cardinal rules of gun safety.
1.) ALWAYS TREAT EVERY WEAPON AS IF IT WERE LOADED
2.) NEVER POINT A WEAPON AT ANYTHING YOU ARE UNWILLING TO KILL OR DESTROY

That in and of itself is negligent. At least morally, I'm not predicating this will ring up charges in a court of law.
He's protected so he likely won't get in trouble for it but he will have to live with it for the rest of his life.

Kid Goku

Super Saiyan 4
He's protected so he likely won't get in trouble for it but he will have to live with it for the rest of his life.
Yeah punishing him with jail seems unneeded he probably feels terrible enough already!
and if he continues being in Movies he can atleast atone a tiny bit for what he did!
If it happens a second time he should go to jail tho!

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
Yeah punishing him with jail seems unneeded he probably feels terrible enough already!
and if he continues being in Movies he can atleast atone a tiny bit for what he did!
If it happens a second time he should go to jail tho!
He needs to cover the loss for the family and the medical bills of both people he shot, at the very least.

India Actual

Super Civil Servant Blue
Super Saiyan Blue
He'll never admit fault for it because it opens him up to legal responsibilities. Also, he'll continue being anti-gun even more so now because he pulled a trigger and made someone cold. People of his ideological sensibilities don't understand how to bear personal responsibility. In their eyes it's the weapon's fault, not the shooter.

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
He'll never admit fault for it because it opens him up to legal responsibilities. Also, he'll continue being anti-gun even more so now because he pulled a trigger and made someone cold. People of his ideological sensibilities don't understand how to bear personal responsibility. In their eyes it's the weapon's fault, not the shooter.
They think guns kill people. It is people who kill people (sometimes with guns).

• Agree
Reactions: Giga Hertz

India Actual

Super Civil Servant Blue
Super Saiyan Blue
They think guns kill people. It is people who kill people (sometimes with guns).
Statistically speaking it's blunt objects like hammers, bats, hands, and feet that kill the most people in America, but don't let that stop you from continuing to push the anti-gun narrative, you know who you are mainstream media. *sips coffee*

Simon Pegg Wink GIF

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
Statistically speaking it's blunt objects like hammers, bats, hands, and feet that kill the most people in America, but don't let that stop you from continuing to push the anti-gun narrative, you know who you are mainstream media. *sips coffee*

Simon Pegg Wink GIF
I read somewhere that the highest statistic for deadly gunshots is down to suicide victims (using guns on themselves) but I never looked into it enough to see if this was true.

Reactions: India Actual

India Actual

Super Civil Servant Blue
Super Saiyan Blue
I read somewhere that the highest statistic for deadly gunshots is down to suicide victims (using guns on themselves) but I never looked into it enough to see if this was true.
That is correct. While data isn't exact the trend is northward of 60% are suicides. People like to off themselves by gunshot in America. In Asia, it's throwing yourself in front of trains or from great heights. Where there is a will, there is a way. Just goes to show you that mental health needs to be focused on the world over, but that's a topic for a different thread.

• Agree
Reactions: Beerus

Giga Hertz

The beauty of grace is that it makes life not fair
Super Saiyan God

Simon Pegg Wink GIF

As someone who was on the victim end of DV only a few years back, can confirm in mostly gunless Australia you definitely don't need one to attempt to harm or kill someone... and also it would be nice to, at the bare minimum, be able to carry pepper spray and have some degree of self-defence.
:bulmatea:

I'm not sure on the actual statistics, but even if it's not "most", they do make up an extremely significant proportion. And while we're here, I'm pretty certain most crime is done with illegally acquired guns and certainly not scary AR-15s.

• :)
  • :shock3:
  • :ssgrin:
  • :stop2:
  • :tasty:
  • :thinking:
  • :what:
  • :yes:
  • :stinky:
  • :9000:
  • :beer:
  • :coke: